Ella Henderson - Ghost

2»

Comments

• Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Robertfitz wrote: »
    Does anyone else wish Leona had got given this?

I actually do, this is the sort of material Leona should have been recording, I think her vocals on this would have been amazing.

But in saying that I love Ella's vocals on this and will definitely be buying it when its released.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    Ella has been my favourite contestant since her beautiful audition 'Missed'. She then blew me away again with her phenomenal rendition of 'Believe'. It was a travesty that she went home so early as she was the real winner for me and everyone in the UK. I therefore hoped her debut would be worth the wait..........
    It definitely is! The remixes were promising but the original is mindblowing!
    Ella has demonstrated her incredible vocals on an incredible track which will kickstart an amazing career. It is already 108 on itunes pre-order within a day! Can tell this is going to be huge. Congratulations on surprising people who thought it would be a ballad, this is the direction to go that will secure a well deserved successful career!
    Also, she is looking brilliant in the music video.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    This is totally Fantastic!
    The song and the vocal have a lot going on, and the chorus delivers. It deserves to do really well.
    Pre-ordered!!
  • iGeek2014iGeek2014 Posts: 573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I kept meaning to check the song out once I'd seen Ella had released the video.

Then I watched tonight's episode of Hollyoaks and loved the song they played at the start... Fantastic song... Ella's vocals are brilliant and her work with Ryan Tedder on this track is amazing.
  • ravensboroughravensborough Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    Ghost is definitely in a grower. When I first heard it, I was rather underwhelmed, but after a couple of listens, I was hooked. I hope she does well. If Ghost is anything to go by, it's streets ahead of all the dross that usually comes from former X Factor contestants.
  • cashloot147cashloot147 Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love this track, she has such a brilliant voice!!
  • TeddybleadsTeddybleads Posts: 6,814
    Forum Member
    I do like it but it is Very Ryan Tedder and the video doesn't help with its Deep South, bayou feel. Too similar in flavour to Counting Stars, Rolling in the Depp etc.

Still, I hope it does well for her. It's a good song and she's a lovely inflection in her voice.
  • gemmaovwales03gemmaovwales03 Posts: 7,183
    Forum Member
    I can't stop playing this song I love it!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    Added by Capital and Radio1 'track of the day' yesterday so looks like this may break though- it certainly deserves to!

Still a grower for me after a lot of listens... a v.good debut.
    (someone mentioned its similar to rolling in the deep, I just dont get that at all. Actually I think the low range pop power soul thing she has going (with some high range 'highlights') is pretty unique...
  • P_PP_P Posts: 18,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm a huge fan of this song, it's currently 159 on iTunes based on preorders so hopefully it will do well, it deserves to. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 201
    Forum Member
    Crikey, she brushes up well.

Seen the video a few times now on different music channels. Suggests it's got serious marketing behind it and that costs. Clearly someone believes (no pun intended).
  • Frankie BoyleFrankie Boyle Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    It's not my genre of music at all but I'm not ashamed to admit that it's become a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine and I'm constantly finding myself listening to it on youtube.
  • GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love it! Love it! I can't stop playing it, the lyrics are brilliant and Ella is a brilliant singer, so glad she's done well after x-factor.

So happy it went to #1 in the UK. It's done really well in OZ and NZ too.
  • big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's sales have been phenomenal. Still top 5 after 7 weeks!!
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    I'm still not bored of it! Probably my favourite song of the year by a mile.
  • Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    Is she going for the american market ?
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aura101 wrote: »
    Is she going for the american market ?

Yes, she performed on Good Morning America yesterday.
  • RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know how much it sold?