comedians that aren't funny and put you off

Comments

• GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrs Brown's Boys has to be the most OTT, cringey and unfunny comedy programme there is. I have to leave the room when it's on.
  • ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 42,019
    Forum Member
    hope you people do know that has been his schtick ever since he first appeared with his comedy persona from The Office

I couldn't care less, I don't find him funny and he just annoys me.
  • shmiskshmisk Posts: 7,963
    Forum Member
    Is Russell Howard psychically frozen at age sixteen?

he makes my skin crawl - and is amazingly unfunny
  • ellesworthellesworth Posts: 919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Peter Kay - how long can one man make a living out of recycling jokes?
    Miranda - She seems lovely but I don't get it.
    The blonde guy with the teeth that seems to be on everything. Not funny at all.
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I meant 'psychologically'.
  • The SnowmanThe Snowman Posts: 895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Russel Kane - Couldn't stand him on I'm a celebrity get me out of here.
    Jack Whitehall - Very immature.
    Both of them seemed to have achieved their current success to useful show
    iz connections rather that comedic talent.

Another one I can't stand is Hal Cruttenden. He's very unfunny and his huge camp smile at the end of every joke is a big turn off
  • Visitor QVisitor Q Posts: 604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are many comedians I find more or less funny than others, but a few who would actually make me quickly reach for the remore control:

Russell Howard
    Jason Manford
    Paul Chowdhry
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Rob Beckett- I think that's his name- toothy git from the Celebrity Jungle spin-off show
    Josie Long- Lovely woman but she's not funny. She's a nice line in cardigans, though.
    Russell Howard- Prancing around the stage like a 12 year old off his tits on blue smarties does not an act make.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joel Williamson ruins 8 Out Of 10 Cats Does Countdown for me.

Do you mean Joe Wilkinson, the guy with the beard? If so I agree. He ruins everything he's in.

Why are they even making the Countdown version so many times anyway? I thought it was a one off jokey kind of thing. The normal show is so much better.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    James Corden. Never has, is, or will be funny.

Agreed
  • JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think whenever one of these threads appears, by the end of it, almost every comedian will have been mentioned.

Perhaps a better way of judging it would be to have a poll for comedians you find unfunny, or we could have a positive question. The only problem is that every other person seems to be a comedian nowadays that the poll would be too big.
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Russel Kane - Couldn't stand him on I'm a celebrity get me out of here.
    Jack Whitehall - Very immature.
    Both of them seemed to have achieved their current success to useful show
    iz connections rather that comedic talent.

Another one I can't stand is Hal Cruttenden. He's very unfunny and his huge camp smile at the end of every joke is a big turn off

Kane's Smokescreens & Castles show is not only excellent but was hugely influential on the UK comedy scene, given everyone from Mark Thomas to Brendon Burns were doing similar shows the next year. Hell even Stew Lee was commenting on it in Carpet Remnant World.

Kane's current show Smallness is rubbish sadly, but never mind.
  • MiHMiH Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

His problem is that he's an absolute one-trick pony and so repetitive it's terrifying. Seen Russell Howard's Good News once? Seen them all then.
  • BigNipperBigNipper Posts: 378
    Forum Member
    Steve Coogan - Alan Partridge.....Right
    Russel Kane - About as funny as a kick in the balls
    Miranda - When do I laugh? please let me know
  • xNATILLYxxNATILLYx Posts: 6,509
    Forum Member
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    Josh Widdicombe. The sound of his laughter at the other comedians' jokes on Mock The Week also annoys me!

That's it , you've declared war with me ;-):p , i love josh & though i adore him i did watch his stand up dvd & i didn't really laugh. oops.
    Rob Beckett- I think that's his name- toothy git from the Celebrity Jungle spin-off show

he isnt that bad. ive seen him live & i did laugh. A nice guy as well , my sister is a huge fan & the second time she saw him he remembered who she was which made her night. though i can see why he in acquired taste his comedy is very family friendly.

Boofie wrote: »
    Do you mean Joe Wilkinson, the guy with the beard? If so I agree. He ruins everything he's in.
    Why are they even making the Countdown version so many times anyway? I thought it was a one off jokey kind of thing. The normal show is so much better.

for me he's the one i cant stand. he is an unfunny buffoon. He ruins the cats countdown & i always fast forward through his bits. He is not funny at all & has a face you just want to punch.
  • JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    xNATILLYx wrote: »
    That's it , you've declared war with me ;-):p , i love josh & though i adore him i did watch his stand up dvd & i didn't really laugh. oops.

he isnt that bad. ive seen him live & i did laugh. A nice guy as well , my sister is a huge fan & the second time she saw him he remembered who she was which made her night. though i can see why he in acquired taste his comedy is very family friendly.

for me he's the one i cant stand. he is an unfunny buffoon. He ruins the cats countdown & i always fast forward through his bits. He is not funny at all & has a face you just want to punch.

This proves my point. I don't think Josh Widdicombe has ever made me laugh.

I much prefer the other two that you don't like.
  • barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    James Corden I can't stand.
  • dirty dingusdirty dingus Posts: 2,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Russell Howard, Josie Long, Alan Carr, Greg Davis, Andi Osho, Reginald d Hunter, Miranda and Katie Brand. To name but loads.

Edit: forgot Lucy Porter
  • YeraYera Posts: 6,200
    Forum Member
    Jason Manford, makes my skin crawl
  • EuanMebabeEuanMebabe Posts: 1,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrs Brown's Boys because: I don't find swearing funny. The cast always appear to be faking trying not to laugh. The characters are annoying as hell. The gay son is a stereotype.

I cringe when it's on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But everybody likes Josie Long https://twitter.com/StandComedyClub/status/501064544765366273/photo/1 ;-)

Guess that's annoys me about these threads, I don't think the beeb picks comics out of thin air, they all have to have impressed someone somewhere.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    Jack Whitehall and James Corden, two of the most overrated men in showbiz.
  • Rip the TV EyeRip the TV Eye Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Boofie wrote: »

I like this version much more than the normal one - except for Joe's part.

Like your annoying little brother/sister who you're forced to bring along when you hang out with your mates and they're always piping up to tell a completely unfunny joke or story.
  • Rip the TV EyeRip the TV Eye Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whilst I like Sarah Silverman in general, I've realised that I don't find her at all funny.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw Josie Long live last night, the reviewers who gave it 4/5 were underselling her, it's a five star show.