1980s missing pedo dossier

Comments

• Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Robbedin73 wrote: »
    BBC news reporting as many as 14 minsters from
    84/89 could be involved , names (which they obviously can't reveal ) have been leaked to BBC
    Try as he might I don't think dave can ignore this one , even though am sure he like to

I wonder who has leaked the names ?........and how do they know the names ?

I wonder if someone who saw the dossier made notes before passing it on.......it seems unlikely that nobody who saw it would jot down the names !
  • Options
    LandisLandis Posts: 14,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rumours speculation and innuendo are not evidence

Probably best to start with something rock solid. The Customs Officer who allegedly worked at Dover in 1982 should immediately be given Police Protection and then given permission * to tell Police who he allegedly stopped in 1982, what was allegedly in possession of said person, and what a viewing of said items by Customs Officers allegedly revealed.

BTW I am amazed that the Telegraph revealed the name of this man (the Customs Officer) on Friday

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/10947561/More-than-10-politicians-on-list-held-by-police-investigating-Westminster-paedophile-ring.html

*Even if that requires a change in the law.
  • Options
    Robbedin73Robbedin73 Posts: 7,859
    Forum Member
    Just seen BBC news that the number of operations going on atm is difficult to keep up with about 7 in all.
  • Options
    TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MARTYM8 wrote: »
    There is of course no left or right about it - this potentially affects all three main parties. Cyril Smith was a Labour party member until the late 1960s - for example.

I don't accept that Labour were in a position to cover up anything in the 80s.
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    warlord wrote: »
    I have seen allegations on the internet about a Prime Minister who never married.

I said in another thread many people have thrown that about Heath, but not one scrap of evidence and not one accuser has come forward (other than Icke and he accuses everyone so when it was found Savile was people think Icke is right on all, when in reality if you accuse enough people you will eventually get one hit ) which in this climate is odd if it was true .

Conspiracy theorists and some of the media assumed Tom Watson was referring to Heath in his is speech , it was made clear he was not referring to Heath or Sir Peter Morrison and that he was referring to a living person within the Thatcher administration.

I do think Heath was gay but obviously unable to come out which makes him a target due to his for want of a better word "closeted" life. His secret was being gay not being a paedophile.

One person mentioned by many was called a paedophile by some but would not be regarded as such now as he had been caught one two occasions cottaging with 16 year old boy when the age of consent was 21
  • Options
    Jol44Jol44 Posts: 21,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The 80s in this country were a cold vile time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jol44 wrote: »

I rather enjoyed the 80's
  • Options
    solenoidsolenoid Posts: 15,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    New Romantic or flared trousered hippy? Choose now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    solenoid wrote: »
    New Romantic or flared trousered hippy? Choose now.

Definitely not a hippy
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tassium wrote: »
    I don't accept that Labour were in a position to cover up anything in the 80s.

If it was a member of their own party they were you don't have to be in actual government to have any power.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So a Conservative government are really going to cover-up a cover-up by a previous Conservative government?

It's Russian Dolls of cover-ups!

As for Labour, we know they were capable of cover-ups. But they were not in power at the time. Blaming a party because they would possibly/maybe have done the same thing if they were in office... that's very thin.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So a Conservative government are really going to cover-up a cover-up by a previous Conservative government?

As for Labour, we know they were capable of cover-ups. But they were not in power at the time. Blaming a party because they would possibly/maybe have done the same thing if they were in office... that's very thin.

It would appear there may have been a coverup that involved members of all parties, lets hope Cameron has the guts to follow this through and ignore the comments he will get in the media etc about it all even though he was not around back then.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skp20040 wrote: »
    It would appear there may have been a coverup that involved members of all parties, lets hope Cameron has the guts to follow this through and ignore the comments he will get in the media etc about it all even though he was not around back then.

So are you saying that Labour, in opposition for 18 years, were still in charge of things actually really?

I wonder what Thatcher would have thought of that idea?
  • Options
    deptfordbakerdeptfordbaker Posts: 22,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't wish to criticise this MP that brought the dossier to the Home Secretary, but I seem to remember that we had photocopiers in the 1980's, so how come neither he nor the Home Office made a copy?
  • Options
    lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member

It depends if Labour MPs were implicated as well. They might have all had a gentleman's agreement not to make it public?

Remember, the Liberals were not in power either, yet they were exerting pressure on the BBC to hush up.
  • Options
    angarrackangarrack Posts: 5,493
    Forum Member

Why do you say that? Life is largely what the individual makes of it, surely? Quite pathetic any idea that your enjoyment of life generally can be influenced by a non-personal ideology, or whatever it is you are referring to.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So are you saying that Labour, in opposition for 18 years, were still in charge of things actually really?

I wonder what Thatcher would have thought of that idea?

I cannot actually see where I said Labour was in charge You do not have to be in charge to cover up one of your parties behaviour each party would have looked after their own so to speak but just because you are in opposition does not mean you do not have the clout to cover things up, take Cyril Smith for example.
  • Options
    jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skp20040 wrote: »
    I do think Heath was gay but obviously unable to come out which makes him a target due to his for want of a better word "closeted" life. His secret was being gay not being a paedophile.
    You don't know that. The fact is some gay men who felt unable to have relationships with adults (due to it being illegal) may have chosen children as an easier option.
  • Options
    Jol44Jol44 Posts: 21,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    angarrack wrote: »
    Why do you say that? Life is largely what the individual makes of it, surely? Quite pathetic any idea that your enjoyment of life generally can be influenced by a non-personal ideology, or whatever it is you are referring to.

Not talking about my individual circumstance, I'm talking generally.

The 80s were a cold, selfish time, where self was pushed and promoted above anything else. Society was suddenly a secondary concern, if one at all.

This is a widely stated and held point of view. It's one I hold it too.

The 80s in general were a cold, selfish, harsh, money orientated decade and they are notorious for being known as such, my Yuppie friend.
  • Options
    sweetpeanutsweetpeanut Posts: 4,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jzee wrote: »
    You don't know that. The fact is some gay men who felt unable to have relationships with adults (due to it being illegal) may have chosen children as an easier option.

What:confused: How on earth would that be easier?

That to me, is akin to saying all gay men are pedos if they dont get their end away.>:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,240
    Forum Member
    warlord wrote: »
    I have seen allegations on the internet about a Prime Minister who never married.

Did it involve a children's home?

Rumours have been going around for years re weekends on his yacht.
  • Options
    niceguy1966niceguy1966 Posts: 29,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have read nothing, and heard nothing, that leads me to believe that any enquiry will not just be another layer of whitewash on top of previous cover ups (and push this into the long grass until after the election)
  • Options
    razorboyrazorboy Posts: 5,831
    Forum Member

The 80s were a cold, selfish time, where self was pushed and promoted above anything else. Society was suddenly a secondary concern, if one at all.

The 80s in general were a cold, selfish, harsh, money orientated decade and they are notorious for being known as such, my Yuppie friend.

I would argue that whilst the 80's did see a move towards a greater acceptance of conspicuous greed within certain sections of society, a folly that has not been reversed in subsequent decades, such attitudes are not prevalent and most people remain decent, generous and compassionate.
  • Options
    angarrackangarrack Posts: 5,493
    Forum Member

Well I was speaking generally, not about you personally.

I can recall the Wilson era which was politically a miserable one, but on a personal level you didn't let it affect you. I don't think personal happiness has much to do with politics.
  • Options
    Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of all the people Geoffrey Dickens could have give the file to. No wonder it disappeared. It would be like watching something akin to State of Play unfolding, if it wasn't so serious.