Options

How Did The Stars Of Buffy The Vampire Slayer Get On With Each Other??

Comments

• Options
    Scarlet O'HaraScarlet O'Hara Posts: 6,933
    Forum Member
    Actually, there's another question. What are everyone's favourite episodes?

Would help if I answered my own question. SPOILERS AHEAD!!!:

1) The Gift *hysterical sobbing*. I saw this again with a friend last week - it was her first watch and she practically needed counselling. Especially as the last shot of the tombstone was shown.

2) Once More With Feeling - totally audacious, absolute genius. I can't believe he pulled it off without it being cheesy or absurd. And managed to move the story along at the same time.

3) Chosen - the very last episode of season 7. I thought the final season was very clever showing her growing into her power and then sharing it with the world. It was a perfect arc for the whole show. Her speech in this episode is still one of the most feminist, rousing dialogues ever. (Only flaw was the cursory end they gave to Anya :( )

4) The Body - is probably still the most powerful and wrenching depiction of death/grief that I've seen on telly. Joss Whedon apparently based this on his own experience of loss (his mother?) and the rawness and realism really showed.

5) Hush - finally, a show about the undead proved it could be scary. Very eerie, but still very funny.

6) Becoming - end of season 2, end of Angel. *more tears*

7) Conversations with Dead People - another season 7 episode. Dawn is terrorised by... her mum? Buffy receives psychotherapy from a vampire, and Willow comes face-to-face with The First masquerading as Tara. A chilling episode.

8) Graduation Day - I love the exciting showdown with the mayor as all the kids join forces, I love the erotic blood-drinking scene between Angel and Buffy, and I love how it brilliantly and symbolically brings their schooldays to a close.

9) Storyteller - Andrew being hilarious with a camera.

10) Prophecy Girl - I'll admit, I didn't love season 1. It didn't have enough of an arc and The Master seems a bit cliched next to later Big Bads. But in this episode, there was a real sense of the brilliance that was to come, like the tragedy of a teenage Buffy being terrified of her own death, and then having to make that sacrifice so young.
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

5) Hush - finally, a show about the undead proved it could be scary. Very eerie, but still very funny.

I love it when they're in the auditorium miming how to stake someone.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 311
    Forum Member
    My favourite villain was, hands-down, Angelus. That season was the most heart-wrenching, gut-twisting, breathtaking moment in the show's whole history. The happiness of the innocent teenage Buffy, destroyed by the "man" she loved, her first heartbreak - the whole "men change after sex" metaphor for life; the entire concept of Angel never ever being able to make up for what he did as Angelus - his first true happiness taken away from him, showing us that the only way for him to repent for his sins was to forever be miserable. The entire arc had me in constant floods of tears. Completely subverting the whole star-crossed, meant-to-be, Romeo & Juliet-ness that were Buffy & Angel. Knowing and proving to us why Buffy and Angel could never be one, not in the true sense, and that if they loved each other, they had to let each other go. I love, love, love that season and will watch it ad nauseam even though it makes me cry and wish for an alternate ending. Angelus was the most badass of all Buffy villains, in my opinion - the others all had a "reasoning" for what they did. The Master wanted to leave the Hellmouth and create a super race of vampires, Synder was not really a villain but more of a "facilitator", the Mayor wanted to be immortal, Glory wanted to "go back home", Adam...God knows what Adam wanted, and Dark Willow just wanted to make the pain stop. But Angelus? Angelus killed because he wanted to, because he could. Because he hated the "monster" inside him that had loved a human, and helped them. The Angelus reveal at the end of that episode was fantastic, and the complete switch in DB's acting from nice, snarky, repentant guy who was completely in love for the first time in his life to this monster who craves evil was just mindblowing.

Worst villiains: Glory (just annoying) and Adam who was...weird. In fact, the whole of Season 4 is best forgotten.

Worst characters: Riley:yawn: and Dawn in her bratty phase, though she mellowed out by S7. Amy. :yawn:Riley. Warren. Riley.

My favourite episodes? In no particular order:

Angel - finding out the boy you like is technically your mortal enemy? Twilight, eat your heart out.

Passion - for the scene where Angelus watches Willow & Buffy cry at the news of Jenny's death :cry: and where Willow tells Buffy that Angel or Angelus, the only thing he's ever been obsessed about was her.

Becoming, Parts 1 & 2 - for aforementioned reasons

Earshot - for Buffy's attempt to hear Angel's thoughts:D and for his "In 200 years I've only every loved one girl":o

Graduation Day - the final scene where the whole student body rallies together and destroys the Mayor-Snake

The Gift - this was the first episode I ever watched, having missed the first five seasons somehow. I heard some girls at school talking about how Buffy was going to die, and I was curious enough to watch it. I cried buckets, even though I'd never seen the show before. I then went back and watched the entire series from the beginning, and became obsessed. The tombstone scene made me laugh and cry at the same time.

The Body - like someone said, a most realistic and excellent episode - Emmy-worthy acting from SMG.

Chosen - Buffy's rousing motivational speech had me wishing I was a potential slayer too:D the speech was a metaphor for women all over the world, and as cheesy as it sounds, it was inspiring to all of us.

Showtime - how kickass was Buffy in that fight against the Uber-Vamp? Really shut those awful "Potentials" up.

Dirty Girls - Faith!:D Xander!:cry:

Hush - just fantastic....concept, acting, just fantastic. And those men were creepy!

Prophecy Girl - the scene after she comes back to life and rocks out in her white prom dress with Xander & Angel trailing behind her, as she goes to kill the Master. It was then that you knew the men would always play a secondary role on the show, and would never be as important as the petite blonde who looked like a piece of fluff but fought like the devil herself. Just brilliant of Joss, to overturn the dated notions of the dumb blonde who always gets it in the neck in all the vampire movies.

End of Days - Angel's back! *squee!* loved all the scenes with him, especially as he stood back and watched her fight Caleb. Especially loved the way she killed Caleb:D and the whole "cookie dough" thing. Also loved how she told him to go back and rally the troops in case she failed, and how she went to Spike and told him she needed her by her side. I was never a Spuffy fan, but I liked their friendship - she didn't love him the way he loved her, but she valued him, and that was a big thing.

Grave Giles and Dark Willow face off, and Xander saves the day. This was the episode where Willow was bigger than Buffy, and this was the episode that showed us that fighting/violence/Buffy's powers could not always save the day, and sometimes what saved the day was plain old love.

Phew - I have a hell of a lot more favourite eps but this is a good place to start, I guess:D If you think they are a little Angel-centric, you would not be wrong. I loved B/A and I often found that, at least in the early days, episodes that had B/A together were among the better ones, perhaps because of the chemistry that exuded through both of them.
  • Options
    StarryNightStarryNight Posts: 7,289
    Forum Member
    I can certainly shed some light on how the Angel cast got along - which was very well according to the actors.

Mark Lutz (Groo) and Andy Hallett were best friends.
    David B, Christain Kane & Glenn Quinn were/are really close friends.
    Amy Acker was close to Alexis Denisof, he was at her wedding.
    Julie Benz was close with David B.
    J August Richards commented that they used to hang out off set sometimes as well as on.
    Amy Acker said that it was a nice atmosphere on set and that she had been on other sets where the cast didnt even speak to each other.
    Vincent Karthieser also commented on how well everyone worked together.

I actually think you can tell they all got along by interviews or even the outtakes on the dvds.

As for the Buffy cast it's true there was a problem between Alyson and Sarah, it may be over exaggerated but the only reason I believe it is because Alyson herself has actually mentioned it.

I think for the most part the cast got along, I just get the impression there might not have always been the nicest atmosphere. What we do know...

Alexis & Alyson are married. She is close with Anthony Head.
    Sarah and Seth are good friends. She is also really close with Michelle Transchenberg.
    Tony Head and Amber Benson got along well. As they both did with James Marsters.
    Amber B and Adam Busch are a couple.
    Both David B and James Marsters have sung Sarah's praises both saying how much they enjoyed working with her.
    During the early days Sarah and Alyson used to be friendly, I remember reading that one time they teamed up to pull Nicholas' Brendan's trousers down, and his underware came down too!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Double post. sorry.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    the only reason I believe it is because Alyson herself has actually mentioned it.

What, if anything, did Alyson say as to the reason of the falling out?

It always seem to me that the Angel set was a happier place, but I never got overly negative vibes about the Buffy set...just that it was more 'professional' than necessarily a hoot. I think that has a lot to do with the leads as well - DB is quite a character, fun-loving and prank playing - even in outtakes/ behind the scenes of Bones you can see him goofing around, and I guess that lightens the set up. SMG was more of a "separate work from personal" kind of gal - not rude but reserved.

I don't know about SMG wanting to quit Buffy (though she may have done) but I remember reading/hearing something about how Joss was absolutely exhausted come Season 7 - he'd been heading Buffy for seven years and Angel for four at that point, all at the same time. And he seemed to be a very hands-on creator, as opposed to some who will let others do the writing/grunt work. I think he wanted either S7 or S8 to be the last, and I also think they wanted to go out with a bang, while the show was still relevant, rather than limping to the finale. Of course, you could argue that season 5 would have been the best opportunity for that and indeed, sometimes I wonder what it would be like had Buffy ended then - it would certainly be a more poignant ending. Not that I'm not glad for the last two season, though.
  • Options
    Dennis CDennis C Posts: 1,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David Boreanaz came back as Angel for the grand finale of Buffy, shame that SMG didn't return the favour at the end of Angel....

Was it because....

she said no?

OR

she wasn't asked?

OR

they didn't know it was to be the end of Angel so it just didn't come up?

Personally I hope it was that they just didn't know it was the end.. I hope it wasn't because SMG had done with the character of La Buffola and didn't want to play her again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What, if anything, did Alyson say as to the reason of the falling out?

It always seem to me that the Angel set was a happier place, but I never got overly negative vibes about the Buffy set...just that it was more 'professional' than necessarily a hoot. I think that has a lot to do with the leads as well - DB is quite a character, fun-loving and prank playing - even in outtakes/ behind the scenes of Bones you can see him goofing around, and I guess that lightens the set up. SMG was more of a "separate work from personal" kind of gal - not rude but reserved.

I don't know about SMG wanting to quit Buffy (though she may have done) but I remember reading/hearing something about how Joss was absolutely exhausted come Season 7 - he'd been heading Buffy for seven years and Angel for four at that point, all at the same time. And he seemed to be a very hands-on creator, as opposed to some who will let others do the writing/grunt work. I think he wanted either S7 or S8 to be the last, and I also think they wanted to go out with a bang, while the show was still relevant, rather than limping to the finale. Of course, you could argue that season 5 would have been the best opportunity for that and indeed, sometimes I wonder what it would be like had Buffy ended then - it would certainly be a more poignant ending. Not that I'm not glad for the last two season, though.

She didnt say anything about the falling out, she mentioned she was unhappy to read that Buffy was ending in a magazine (SMG interview) and said it would have been nice if Sarah had actually told the rest of them. The way she worded it she did seem kinda narked.

I agree with what you said about Sarah, I think she is just more about keeping work and personnal life seperate. It really irks me how she is demonised sometimes, pardon the pun.

As for Buffy's end it was both her and Joss that wanted to step down, well more or less. Joss was not going to remain executive producer and Sarah said she didnt want to do it without him and vice versa.

Dennis C, they asked Sarah to appear in 'the girl in question' but she was unable to because she was filming something else. She then offered to return for the second last episode of Angel but the writers decided against it because they didnt want it to be about Buffy, it was Angel's story. They did know it was coming to an end.

Sarah also stated how grateful she was the David/Angel came back for the last Buffy ep.
  • Options
    Moany LizaMoany Liza Posts: 22,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have lots of different favourites.

My favourite character, in terms of "who could I watch endlessly", was probably Andrew. "Storyteller" is still one of the funniest episodes in the whole show. And every time he was on screen, I wanted to hear him speak. He was a post-modern, whiney but absolutely loveable geek with all the best lines.

He's just as funny in real life!! ;)
  • Options
    EmmersonneEmmersonne Posts: 4,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe none of you have mentioned "The Wish" and "Dopplegangland"!

Hellooooo.... vampire Willow, "Hands! Hands!"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    becoming part 1 and 2 are by far my favourite, oh i sobbed as if it was my true love i stabbed thru a hell hole :D
    I also loved Passion, the wish, helpless, something blue, the gift, grave and chosen of course.
    My fave angel episodes are I will remember you, hero, lullaby, birthday, spin the bottle and You're welcome!! but their all brilliant,
    I read too Josh was going to try revive doyle as he was such a popular character but unfortunately his early passing put an end to that
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 444
    Forum Member
    I wonder if smg could see where she is now would she have made different choices I do think buffy as a show was nearing its end but it had maybe one more season in it as for angel I am still pissed that they canceled the show

I know david and Andy Hallett were friends as I read a interview where he talked about him and doing something to mark the anniversary of his death

btw anyone think we will ever get an angel buffy movie
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SMG could have been back on TV but the pilot for a TV series that she starred in and was also executive producer for, was not picked up. Shame, it could have been good:-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wonderful_Maladys

Right now, I think I'd like her to be back on TV again rather than in straight-to-dvd fiims or in films that divide the critics.

I found an interview with SMG on youtube, when she was on the jonathan ross show in 2004 while she was promoting The Grudge. Could have been rivetting but all she did was talk about her experiences on going to the toilet in Japan. I don't really want to hear about Buffy on the bog, do you? :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Jev3yUjdA4
  • Options
    maxinerulesmaxinerules Posts: 698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watching Buffy is the only time I have ever stood up and clapped and cheered at the telly:o when Angel rescued Buffy from Caleb.The best telly EVER.Is anyone selling a boxset?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Watching Buffy is the only time I have ever stood up and clapped and cheered at the telly:o when Angel rescued Buffy from Caleb.The best telly EVER.Is anyone selling a boxset?

I know, right?! And then the episode ends, and we have to wait until the next week for the finale. I remember I was doing my GCSEs at the time, and my parents had refused to let me watch Buffy, knowing how much I loved it and would therefore not bother about revising. I was in such a strop, let me tell you :D I recorded the final episode on video but couldn't watch it untl my final exam was over the next day - went into school and heard all these girls talking about the end, and saying cryptic things about craters and weird smiles and I was so jealous, lol. After my exam I raced home and watched that final episode with glee and tears. Ah, memories :cry:
  • Options
    maxinerulesmaxinerules Posts: 698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    God ,those were the days ,when an hours tv could affect your whole week. Buffy was brilliant and I am now going to buy a box set I can't afford.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    God ,those were the days ,when an hours tv could affect your whole week. Buffy was brilliant and I am now going to buy a box set I can't afford.

The individual seasons are relatively cheap now, on Amazon. I got Seasons 1, 2 & 3 for around £15 each, which is mindboggling considering how, in the hey-day, they would sell for £60 apiece. The 7-season boxset probably still costs a bomb, though. I would shop around, if I were you (I'm the queen of shopping around:cool:) - Amazon and play.com are the best bets for authentic items at low prices, but HMV is good too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

1) The Gift *hysterical sobbing*. I saw this again with a friend last week - it was her first watch and she practically needed counselling. Especially as the last shot of the tombstone was shown.

2) Once More With Feeling - totally audacious, absolute genius. I can't believe he pulled it off without it being cheesy or absurd. And managed to move the story along at the same time.

3) Chosen - the very last episode of season 7. I thought the final season was very clever showing her growing into her power and then sharing it with the world. It was a perfect arc for the whole show. Her speech in this episode is still one of the most feminist, rousing dialogues ever. (Only flaw was the cursory end they gave to Anya :( )

4) The Body - is probably still the most powerful and wrenching depiction of death/grief that I've seen on telly. Joss Whedon apparently based this on his own experience of loss (his mother?) and the rawness and realism really showed.

My favourite Episode EVER!!! Was really clever, humorous & scary all at once!

6) Becoming - end of season 2, end of Angel. *more tears*

7) Conversations with Dead People - another season 7 episode. Dawn is terrorised by... her mum? Buffy receives psychotherapy from a vampire, and Willow comes face-to-face with The First masquerading as Tara. A chilling episode.

This episode scared the hell out of me!!! Really enjoyed it.

8) Graduation Day - I love the exciting showdown with the mayor as all the kids join forces, I love the erotic blood-drinking scene between Angel and Buffy, and I love how it brilliantly and symbolically brings their schooldays to a close.

Ah another brilliant episode! I love it when Buffy shouts 'go' and everyone strips their robes off to reveal the weapons.

9) Storyteller - Andrew being hilarious with a camera.

10) Prophecy Girl - I'll admit, I didn't love season 1. It didn't have enough of an arc and The Master seems a bit cliched next to later Big Bads. But in this episode, there was a real sense of the brilliance that was to come, like the tragedy of a teenage Buffy being terrified of her own death, and then having to make that sacrifice so young.

Also, another fav of mine is Tabla Rusa (sorry if the spelling is wrong) Great to see the interaction with Giles & Spike.

Ah I love Buffy! I only have season 6 on dvd and have worn it to pieces!! I have series one on VHS but no video player any more.

*logs on to play.com* ..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Buffy the only programme i have became addicted to, cant see it happening again! I still watch it along on syfy and fx a lot and i just never get bored of it!

My parents are thinking about getting all the dvd's from 1-7 yey!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 423
    Forum Member
    So glad to see Buffytalk! Am re-watching the whole thing with my other half at the moment.

My favourite character is Drusilla. The actress is absurdly talented and totally acts everyone else of the screen every time she's on. Faith is a close second. I love when Faith first shows up and she's totally obnoxious and spends all her time dancing like a hoochie and banging on about her sex life.

It's interesting to me to see all the love for Willow. I have this weird thing where I don't like Willow after they cut her hair. No idea what that's about. I love Tara though.

Re best episode...
    You've got all the big hitters there!

I would add I only have eyes for you from the second season, where the ghost of a lovelorn boy is haunting and posessing students at the school, causing them to reenact his last moments with his beloved. The concept itself is fairly basic but it's used to incredible effect at the end of the episode, when Buffy confronts Angel. Very beautiful and very clever.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm a massive Buffyverse geek, have some of the comic books as well as the boxsets, but I had one massive problem with it and that was Cordelia.
    At the end of Angel, it was 5 years after her graduation, so Cordelia should have been 23 years old. Now I know of course, all the actors from Sunnydale High were older than their characters, but you sort of believed that Willow, Buffy and Xander were in their early 20s. Charisma Carpenter was in her 30s at the time, and for some reason when they made the move to Angel, Cordelia acted like she was in her late teens for a few episodes, but then it's like they said you know what, let's just have her playing her own age instead. It's like they forgot how old she was supposed to be and it really wound me up.

The end.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The individual seasons are relatively cheap now, on Amazon. I got Seasons 1, 2 & 3 for around £15 each, which is mindboggling considering how, in the hey-day, they would sell for £60 apiece. The 7-season boxset probably still costs a bomb, though. I would shop around, if I were you (I'm the queen of shopping around:cool:) - Amazon and play.com are the best bets for authentic items at low prices, but HMV is good too.
    Norristar wrote: »
    Also, another fav of mine is Tabla Rusa (sorry if the spelling is wrong) Great to see the interaction with Giles & Spike.

Ah I love Buffy! I only have season 6 on dvd and have worn it to pieces!! I have series one on VHS but no video player any more.

*logs on to play.com* ..
    loserface wrote: »
    Buffy the only programme i have became addicted to, cant see it happening again! I still watch it along on syfy and fx a lot and i just never get bored of it!

My parents are thinking about getting all the dvd's from 1-7 yey!!

Buffy box set of all seven series is down to £59.99 on Play.

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/3514810/Buffy-The-Vampire-Slayer-Complete-DVD-Collection/Product.html

Angel complete series set, 1-5, is also £59.99

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/3514803/Angel-Complete-DVD-Collection-Limited-Edition/Product.html

Christmas has come early! :D
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Emmersonne wrote: »
    I can't believe none of you have mentioned "The Wish" and "Dopplegangland"!

Hellooooo.... vampire Willow, "Hands! Hands!"

OMG i just watched that last night - have seen it before but I love it

willow's evil alter ego- she's fantastic and I love the humour in it

my fave scene in it is when willow has to pretend to be the evil version and then sneaks a little wave at oz in the bronze

I also love the episode where faith think she has turned angel back into angelus and has buffy chained up but it turns out they're tricking her

too many brill eps to mention
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Norristar wrote: »

Ha, I love that episode. Spike and Giles thinking they're son and father (I googled it, and found the whole convo I love lol)...

Giles: We'll get our memory back and it'll all be right as rain.
    Spike: Oh, listen to Mary Poppins. He's got his crust all stiff and upper with that nancy-boy accent. You Englishmen are always so... Bloody hell. Sodding, blimey, sh*gging, knickers, b*llocks. Oh, god. I'm English.
    Giles: Welcome to the nancy-tribe.
    Spike: You don't suppose you and I... we're not related, are we?
    Anya: There is a ruggedly handsome resemblance.
    Giles: And you do inspire a particular feeling of familiarity and disappointment. (indicates self) Older brother?
    Spike: (snickers) Father. Oh god, how I must hate you.
    Giles: What did I do?
    Spike: There's always something. And what's with the trollop?
    Anya: Hey!
    Giles: Her?
    Spike: I saw you sleeping together.
    Giles: _Resting_ together.

Spike: Oh, great -- a tarty step-mother who's half old Daddy's age.
    Anya: Tarty?
    Giles: Old?

Spike: Rupert. (laughs)
    Giles: You're not too old to put across my knee, you know, sonny.

Giles: Anyway, what did I call you?
    Spike: (looks at jacket label) "Made with care for Randy." Randy Giles? Why not just call me "Horny Giles" or "Desperate-for-a-sh*g Giles"? I knew there was a reason I hated you.

That last bit is possibly the best line from Buffy EVER! :D Or this one...

Spike: Dad can drive. He's bound to have some classic mid-life crisis transport. Something red, shiny, shaped like a p*nis.

Haha.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shelleyj89 wrote: »
    Ha, I love that episode. Spike and Giles thinking they're son and father (I googled it, and found the whole convo I love lol)...

Giles: We'll get our memory back and it'll all be right as rain.
    Spike: Oh, listen to Mary Poppins. He's got his crust all stiff and upper with that nancy-boy accent. You Englishmen are always so... Bloody hell. Sodding, blimey, sh*gging, knickers, b*llocks. Oh, god. I'm English.
    Giles: Welcome to the nancy-tribe.
    Spike: You don't suppose you and I... we're not related, are we?
    Anya: There is a ruggedly handsome resemblance.
    Giles: And you do inspire a particular feeling of familiarity and disappointment. (indicates self) Older brother?
    Spike: (snickers) Father. Oh god, how I must hate you.
    Giles: What did I do?
    Spike: There's always something. And what's with the trollop?
    Anya: Hey!
    Giles: Her?
    Spike: I saw you sleeping together.
    Giles: _Resting_ together.

Spike: Oh, great -- a tarty step-mother who's half old Daddy's age.
    Anya: Tarty?
    Giles: Old?

Spike: Rupert. (laughs)
    Giles: You're not too old to put across my knee, you know, sonny.

Giles: Anyway, what did I call you?
    Spike: (looks at jacket label) "Made with care for Randy." Randy Giles? Why not just call me "Horny Giles" or "Desperate-for-a-sh*g Giles"? I knew there was a reason I hated you.

That last bit is possibly the best line from Buffy EVER! :D Or this one...

Spike: Dad can drive. He's bound to have some classic mid-life crisis transport. Something red, shiny, shaped like a p*nis.

Haha.

Haha! Tabula Rasa was the first Buffy episode I ever saw, and boy was I hooked from the start! So many great lines and real nice use of Goodbye to You - Michelle Branch when Tara and Willow split up :(

I'm liking the love for Conversations with Dead People - I always feel this ep gets overlooked where imo it's one of the best of series 7. As is Lies My Parents Told Me. I'm a fan of anything Spike-centric really, including Fool For Love. Spike lighting a match off of a pool table has stuck with me to this day. *sigh*