Options

Is it true - John Travolta & Kelly Preston are next?

FatsiaFatsia Posts: 1,187
Forum Member
✭✭✭
The rumours have been building ever since the tragic death of Jett Travolta, that John has been trying to escape the $cientologists... I've now seen this on BlindGossip (I know some of you aren't true believers of BG but they were bang on target about Tom and Katie):
Despite reports that they are fine, this famous couple is splitting up.

It’s the husband who wants out, and he has made the first move by hiring a very interesting group of attorneys. The wife, who wants to stay in the marriage so that she can save face, has engaged an entire team of her own to stop the divorce.

Her most powerful weapon is a set of taped conversations of him discussing some very private issues, including gay encounters he had in the past. While she has always known that he is gay, she considers these tapes fair game in getting him to “reconsider” the divorce.

The husband’s biggest concerns, however, do not have to do with rumors about his sexuality or his legal issues or the millions that this divorce will cost him. He is most concerned about saving his child/ren from the influence of his wife. To that end, he will be asking for full custody.

Don’t expect a long, drawn-out divorce here. Similar to another recent celebrity split, everything will be settled quietly behind the scenes. These two will never have to face each other in court.

There are two schools of thought about the recent "JT assaulted masseur" stories - one is that John is desperate to get out of $cientology and has leaked these stories himself; the other is that David Miscavige and the other $cientology folks are leaking damaging stories to warn John of the damage they can inflict if he does leave.

Makes sense that he wants to get his children away from there, otherwise he'll never see them again (not all $cientologists get the same perks as Tom).

Comments

• Options
    kikifikikifi Posts: 326
    Forum Member
    To be fair, if he was gay - would it not be easier in 2012 just to come out and admitit. Everyone would respect him so much for it. What has he got to lose? Everybody thinks he is anyway, so would hardly be shocking
  • Options
    mevilhoneymevilhoney Posts: 685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the Blind Gossip link. It sounds definitely like Travolta and Preston. But--he has a team of lawyers to get a divorce and she has a team to STOP the divorce?!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope he gets out... CO$ has already ruined one of his kids lives.
  • Options
    rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    If this is true then good luck to John Travolta and his kids
  • Options
    evie71evie71 Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kikifi wrote: »
    To be fair, if he was gay - would it not be easier in 2012 just to come out and admitit. Everyone would respect him so much for it. What has he got to lose? Everybody thinks he is anyway, so would hardly be shocking

Totally agree.
    Also, there is nothing on earth compared to losing a child, 'coming out' would be a walk in the park.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 332
    Forum Member
    at his age admitting being gay would hardly matter he is no longer a heart throb younger
    actors who come out shame those in the closet
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,914
    Forum Member
    Did John's boy have health issues? Allegedly Cos dont like you taking meds for conditions? Would make a lot of sense if he wanted out of (one flew of the cuckoo) Cos!
  • Options
    mevilhoneymevilhoney Posts: 685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know what you mean,but you can`t force actors. It just seems strange to go into SHOWBIZ of all things and then go to all lengths to hide something that seems to be way more prevalent in that arena.
  • Options
    Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    herejohno wrote: »
    Did John's boy have health issues? Allegedly Cos dont like you taking meds for conditions? Would make a lot of sense if he wanted out of (one flew of the cuckoo) Cos!

John's son had autism. Apparently, that kind of illness does not exist in SoC. There are rumours that they took him off medication but I do not know if that is true or not. It seems that Katie has managed to divorce Tom Cruise and keep custody of Suri and surely the SoC has such awful publicity now that any Court would consider giving the children to the father, if the mother is a devote, extreme member of this bizarre cult. There extreme reaction to anyone who leaves the "Church", excluding them from the children's lives etc would be taken into consider in a custody battle, surely?
  • Options
    Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jet Travolta also had epilepsy and Scientology don't believe in medication for it.that is how they believe he had a seizure and hit his head n died.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heartbreaking to think Jett may've been denied medication/care he needed over the years because of Co$ "beliefs". If anything is likely to be a tipping point for someone, the death of a child would be it.

If JT is gay or bisexual, IMHO he should just come out. Take away their ammunition.

He's a well-liked actor, I don't think it would damage his career that much in this day and age.
  • Options
    Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    I read an article recently on Kelly and it said her first child was "special needs" and she had no contact with the child? This is very shocking and very unusual in this day and age!! Does anyone know any more details about this? This was during her first marriage.
  • Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I read an article recently on Kelly and it said her first child was "special needs" and she had no contact with the child? This is very shocking and very unusual in this day and age!! Does anyone know any more details about this? This was during her first marriage.

This info was wiped from a variety of sources, and on Kevin Gage's (the ex) imdb. I came across the back story recently on some site but can't remember where. The child was allegedly placed in a home in Hawaii and/or in the care of her mother who is a nurse or health worker.
  • Options
    MelodyMakerMelodyMaker Posts: 823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only way JT is going to come out is if he's prepared to kiss his Hollywood A list career bye bye, regardless of this day and age, it is not accepted by the industry for A list actors to be gay.

How many of us can actually name one? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The only way JT is going to come out is if he's prepared to kiss his Hollywood A list career bye bye, regardless of this day and age, it is not accepted by the industry for A list actors to be gay.

Ian McKellen
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    British......would he be classed as A list??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    One of the most famous and talented actors on our screens? I think so
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here in Britain definitely, I wouldn't be so sure across the pond.
    Regardless, that's 1............where are the rest? (and that's not a challenge directed at you specifically, just musing out loud)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well you said how many could name one so I named one :p and four words, Lord of the Rings, with an extra one, X-Men. He is certainly well known over seas.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    True true :D

XMan doesn't count, he's in the closet and I was talking about being openly gay in Hollywood :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Rock Hudson
    Neil patrick harris

the doctor who guy ... John Barrowman?
    Ellijha Wood
  • Options
    Nobby BurtonNobby Burton Posts: 1,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rock Hudson wasn't openly gay
    Elijah Wood isn't openly gay

John Barrowman and Neil Patrick Harris aren't A list
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would Say Neil Patrick Harris is A list... especially since he has a new sitcom etc.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    True true :D

XMan doesn't count, he's in the closet and I was talking about being openly gay in Hollywood :p

He's not in the closet, he openly takes part in gay pride rallies, ok he's not splashed on the front page with his boyfriend (assuming he's in a relationship, I've never looked into it) but that doesn't make him in the closet. I saw something with him in years ago, I can't remember what but it was people following him for a day and interviewing him, and he did a joke. He stood in the wardrobe and said "this is me in the closet" then stepped out and said "and this is me stepping out of the closet" :D

And as a Marvel fan I beg to differ :p The first two X-Men movies were hugely successful. But we're going off topic now so I'll stop.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ricky MaRTIN/