Hillsborough documents to be released on Wednesday (12th September) at 2pm

D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,171
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just spotted on Twitter that the independent report into the Hillsborough disaster will be released tomorrow:

Steve Rotheram ‏@SteveRotheramMP
@Andy_LFC1 Families first from 9 am, others from 12. PM statement in HoC at 12.30 after PMQs. Qs on stmnt for an hour+. Fams press conf @2pm
11:48 AM - 10 Sep 12

There will be plenty of people having restless nights tonight. I sense the anticipation after so many set backs. Not long to go now. JfT96
9:25 PM - 11 Sep 12

I believe documentation/archive website will go live at 2pm tomorrow, so everybody will be able to read the report & access supporting info.
9:27 PM - 11 Sep 12

Hopefully for all concerned, justice and the truth finally comes out for the 96 people.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Let's hope so. Another whitewash will be very very bad.
  • tremetreme Posts: 5,445
    Forum Member
    Let's hope the people get want they want, and then the thing can be finally put to bed. Forever.
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,611
    Forum Member
    When you say "independent" report who produced it? :confused:
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The truth was known within weeks, if not days.

I doubt if anything significant as come to light
  • wns_195wns_195 Posts: 13,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The whole truth will not come out, so justice will not be completely done. Those who call for the truth won't acknowledge the parts they are uncomfortable with which are as followed:

Had nobody who didn't have tickets prior to the day of the match traveled to Hillsborough, and had none of the people who traveled to Hillsborough consumed alcohol prior to trying to enter the stadium, the Hillsborough Disaster would have been less disastrous.

Not only should the police fully acknowledge responsibility for all their failings, but Liverpool and their fans should fully accept responsibility for their failings, and they should have done that before demaning inquiries etc.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    wns_195 wrote: »
    The whole truth will not come out, so justice will not be completely done. Those who call for the truth won't acknowledge the parts they are uncomfortable with which are as followed:

Had nobody who didn't have tickets prior to the day of the match traveled to Hillsborough, and had none of the people who traveled to Hillsborough consumed alcohol prior to trying to enter the stadium, the Hillsborough Disaster would have been less disastrous.

Not only should the police fully acknowledge responsibility for all their failings, but Liverpool and their fans should fully accept responsibility for their failings, and they should have done that before demaning inquiries etc.

Good post, I, for one, agree with you.
  • Wii UnfitWii Unfit Posts: 153
    Forum Member
    SULLA wrote: »
    Good post, I, for one, agree with you.

I take it neither of you watched the documentary on ITV last night?
  • Mrs TeapotMrs Teapot Posts: 124,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Where you there or is that what you have read?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    The police should have delayed the match, they panicked.
  • Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What I find bizarre about the whole thing is the common sense of the Liverpool fans. The police opened the gate and they all had just been in a slight crush which was bad enough, why did they all decide to run into the stadium? It makes no sense, surely they should have known a crush would happen as it already had people in the stand.
  • wns_195wns_195 Posts: 13,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wii Unfit wrote: »

No but I have watched and heard documentaries on the Hillsborough Disaster before, and I know what some football fans are like. I also am aware of the problems caused by football fans in the 1980s. I believe there is blame on all sides - police, government, Liverpool fans, Liverpool Football Club. All sides should accept their share of the blame, especially if they're going to demand answers and justice.

One of the best outcomes of the disasters is that most football grounds don't allow standing. When Liverpool got to the Champions League in Greece, did their fans behave like in 1989 i.e. going there without tickets, or did they demonstrate that they had learned their lessons?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wii Unfit wrote: »

I watched it but learnt nothing new. They have been similar documentaries ever since it happened.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The police should have delayed the match, they panicked.

The Police did get a lot of things wrong.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,512
    Forum Member
    The truth was known within weeks, if not days.

The truth that everything that happened that day happened by 3:15pm, that everyone who died would have been dead by 3:15pm, and that nothing whatsoever happened after 3:15pm?
    I doubt if anything significant as come to light

As I understand it, all of the previously hidden documents relating to what happened after 3:15pm form part of this announcement, which in itself is quite significant.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    RiverChelt wrote: »
    The truth that everything that happened that day happened by 3:15pm, that everyone who died would have been dead by 3:15pm, and that nothing whatsoever happened after 3:15pm?

As I understand it, all of the previously hidden documents relating to what happened after 3:15pm form part of this announcement, which in itself is quite significant.

I was thinking more of the causes of the tragedy.

I believe that it's common knowledge that the 3.15pm business was totally wrong.

One of the big mistakes was not getting quailfied aid to the injured quickly enough. It's clear to me that some people would have still been alive after 3.15pm.

However, if there is a smoking bomb in those documents, somebody will not have done his/her job properly.
  • TRIPSTRIPS Posts: 3,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There was a time i would be very angry with your post , i now realise there will always be some who will form an opinion without any knowledge of the facts and nothing will change that opinion.
    Anyone who has taken the time to research the tragedy will tell you, Alcohol or ticketless fans played no part in the cause of the disaster, This is not in dispute,
    I assume we will still read the same old smears for many years to come, all under my opinion, an opinion based on lies they read in the paper or on telly,
  • joopyjoopy Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Correct.

The mood in Sheffield is very different to the one in Liverpool.

Personal accounts here:
    http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=711

I can never support the Justice campaign, while they try to gloss over the drunk, ticketless supporters who DID force their way in. I say 'gloss over'. I'd like to change that to 'intimidate people'.
  • ChristmasCakeChristmasCake Posts: 26,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No but I have watched and heard documentaries on the Hillsborough Disaster before, and I know what some football fans are like. I also am aware of the problems caused by football fans in the 1980s. I believe there is blame on all sides - police, government, Liverpool fans, Liverpool Football Club. All sides should accept their share of the blame, especially if they're going to demand answers and justice.

One of the best outcomes of the disasters is that most football grounds don't allow standing. When Liverpool got to the Champions League in Greece, did their fans behave like in 1989 i.e. going there without tickets, or did they demonstrate that they had learned their lessons?

Only one side have been involved in lies and cover ups. I'm not sure there's much for the fans who where there to admit to..96 of them aren't capable of admitting to anything.

If that's the case, why did the Taylor report find that the Leppings Lane stand was no-where near full capacity?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    joopy wrote: »
    Correct.

The mood in Sheffield is very different to the one in Liverpool.

Personal accounts here:
    http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=711

I can never support the Justice campaign, while they try to gloss over the drunk, ticketless supporters who DID force their way in. I say 'gloss over'. I'd like to change that to 'intimidate people'.

So you disagree with the independent Taylor report which actually disagrees with this?
  • TinpotTinpot Posts: 2,731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Drunk supporters who forced their way in at the last minute, absolutely inept policing (under pressure, admittedly) and a stadium, including fencing, that was a potential accident waiting to happen.

It needed a perfect storm for such a tragedy to unfold, and that's exactly what occurred. There's a lot of blame to go around and equally there's an awful lot of hurt and grief.
  • Mark FMark F Posts: 53,845
    Forum Member
    Trouble is we're always going to get the police with their side of the tragic events and the fans etc with their own..

Is there ever going to be a just outcome?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tinpot wrote: »
    Drunk supporters who forced their way in at the last minute, absolutely inept policing (under pressure, admittedly) and a stadium, including fencing, that was a potential accident waiting to happen.

It needed a perfect storm for such a tragedy to unfold, and that's exactly what occurred. There's a lot of blame to go around and equally there's an awful lot of hurt and grief.

Odd that the independent Taylor report doesn't include this assertion...don't you think?
    Mark F wrote: »
    Trouble is we're always going to get the police with their side of the tragic events and the fans etc with their own..

Is there ever going to be a just outcome?

I'd be inclined to believe the people who haven't been proven to be liars..
  • joopyjoopy Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So you disagree with the independent Taylor report which actually disagrees with this?
    4. Gate C, an 'exit' gate between the inner concourse and the outside, was opened by the police because of the dangerous congestion at the turnstiles. There was no recognition, either by the club or the police, that unless fans arrived steadily over a long, drawn-out period the turnstiles would not be capable of coping with the large numbers involved. This was made worse by the fact that the operational order and police tactics did not consider the possibility of a large concentration of late arrivals. This situation, according to Taylor, was made worse by a drunken minority and the club's confused and inadequate signs and ticketing.

I was a regular matchgoer in that era. Every club had supporters who did it. Got bevvied up, arrived late and jibbed in. Liverpool were admired for it back in the day. Are you telling me that 15th April - an FA Cup semi, where tickets were gold dust - was the ONE day it didn't happen?

Is every personal account given on the Sheffield Forum a lie or mistruth?
  • TomGrantTomGrant Posts: 4,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Finally, someone speaks some sense on this subject.
  • cantoscantos Posts: 7,368
    Forum Member
    The authorities made a lot of mistakes on the day, but the fans are not clear of blame in my eyes.