Options

Robin Thicke

occyoccy Posts: 65,159
Forum Member
✭✭
Anyone heard Robin Thicke? He sounds like Arnie. :D He apparently shot to vids to - Blurred Lines (feat. T.I. & Pharrell) and wanted to shoot one similar to Benny Hill act with naked women. Surprised linking him to Benny Hill, but I suppose it's a small world.

Comments

• Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robin Thicke has been around for ages now.
    Never really liked his music much
  • Options
    SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    I heard about that bent hill somewhere too :D .. I think it's a fun video, I don't really find it sexist., but that's just me...

I love his lost without you and sex therapy
  • Options
    zeze88zeze88 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Robin Thicke. His albums Love After War (my favorite so far), Something Else and The Evolution of Robin Thicke are great. Like I said in the other thread, it actually makes me sad he finally got recognition with the song like Blurred Lines because he has had far better songs like Dreamworld, Lost Without You, Pretty Lil' Heart.

I also don't find the video offensive, I don't understand why all the fuss. And I can't believe Youtube actually banned the naked version - tv fine, but Youtube? I haven't got the chance to see that version, but I doubt it was offensive. It just featured pretty naked women, what is so offensive about that?
  • Options
    Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've bought his last three albums and there are some nice songs on there but I think that he is a bit repetitive.

Edit: it seems that I have his last 4 albums. I guess it goes to show what I said about him being repetitive.
  • Options
    spaniel-loverspaniel-lover Posts: 4,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd never heard of him before, but then I don't really follow current music as I'm too old for all that, however I really like Blurred Lines, oh & RT is rather attractive.;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    Something aobut this guy, he looks more try hard than Rita Ora.
  • Options
    FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    He sold 198K this week! Massive!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aj_Whiles wrote: »

What do you mean by that? I don't think I truly understand you...He has been recording for 10 years now and he finally got success.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hes seems like a creepy uncle... especially in Blurred Lines
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Aj_Whiles wrote: »

never:eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'd never heard of him before, but then I don't really follow current music as I'm too old for all that, however I really like Blurred Lines, oh & RT is rather attractive.;)

he has beautiful eyes:o
  • Options
    Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    He's been famous for a long time, but I never thought he'd get a bigger hit than Lost Without U.
  • Options
    strictmachinestrictmachine Posts: 3,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Pharrell is the winner with Blurred Lines. He co/wrote and produced it and I can imagine the song as one of his. The last song of Robin's that I was aware of was When I get you alone when I was on holiday in Budapest about 6 years ago. Mind you his wife is amazing.
  • Options
    SpaceToiletsSpaceToilets Posts: 3,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His wife is fit.

Note: I realise the above statement bears no relation to his music and I couldn't care less.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i don't like T.I That much but i felt like his rap was needed on the song, unlike other songs where they just geta rapper for the sake of it :rolleyes:
  • Options
    elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My friend told me that he thinks Robin looks like the humanisation of the devil. :o
  • Options
    Juliet_G_Juliet_G_ Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    I did laugh at a tweet by Sara Cox referring to him as Swiss Tony.
  • Options
    SpaceToiletsSpaceToilets Posts: 3,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sex wrote: »
    i don't like T.I That much but i felt like his rap was needed on the song, unlike other songs where they just geta rapper for the sake of it :rolleyes:

TI is usually better on guest tracks than his own.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd heard of him, but not heard anything by him until Blurred Lines. Decent song, but I found some of the lyrics offensive... then I saw the video and started to seriously dislike the song. The comments he made to defend the video against accusations of sexism were so moronic.

So yeah, I'm pretty much convinced the guy's an idiot.
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Pharrell is the winner with Blurred Lines. He co/wrote and produced it and I can imagine the song as one of his. The last song of Robin's that I was aware of was When I get you alone when I was on holiday in Budapest about 6 years ago. Mind you his wife is amazing.

Robin is an extremely lucky man..his wife is indeed quite something.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Robin Thicke has been out for a long time now.. almost 10 years?? (I could be wrong though) but he has been out for a while. I remember lovin' his songs 'Wanna love you girl' and 'Lost without you' they're the songs I remember him for anyway.
  • Options
    VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    Been a fan since 2003 - very shocked at having #1 success with Blurred Lines when he's released so many better tracks

2008 - Magic (my fave)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UP8ECS2bWHE

2008 - The Sweetest Love
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRuH-6L5RrA

2009 - Sex Therapy
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8s2_QLjF2Vs

2009 - Rollacoasta
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KV8dJIglTyI

must be the tits and ass
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    echad wrote: »
    I'd heard of him, but not heard anything by him until Blurred Lines. Decent song, but I found some of the lyrics offensive... then I saw the video and started to seriously dislike the song. The comments he made to defend the video against accusations of sexism were so moronic.

So yeah, I'm pretty much convinced the guy's an idiot.

Listen to this song, pay attention to the lyrics and you'll see he is not an idiot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b04ShbtaNnc
  • Options
    spaniel-loverspaniel-lover Posts: 4,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sex wrote: »

I think the song, which I do like, would be better without the rap.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    You can preview the whole album at http://www.playthishiphop.com/?p=17917