Options

CS: Carla's next bloke?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 262
    Forum Member
    Probably Owen...I can see them both now in the Rovers crying in their beer cause they lost their one true love. David and Kylie are too happy so she will probably wind up shagging Nick again and David will be back to throwing peanuts at Gail.
  • Options
    GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It could be Steve, imagine Michelle's reaction! :D
  • Options
    Cuddly_CatCuddly_Cat Posts: 2,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kazza81 wrote: »
    Carla might just steal Kal of Leanne ;)
    Yes, I can imagine Carla and Kal. He's pretty together and sorted. They would make a great couple. I can't imagine her with Steve.
    Marcusjll wrote: »
    Does anyone remember when she first appeared and she had sex with Jason? Haha that's so weird looking back, and weirder to think Charlie Stubbs was around then too
    Yes, I remember the Carla and Jason scene. I think she was called Mrs Fanshaw at the time. Then she returned as she is now.
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Owen:)
  • Options
    Sandra BeeSandra Bee Posts: 9,437
    Forum Member
    I don't care as long as it's NOT someone off the Street.

It should be easy enough to introduce a new male character via 'Underworld'
  • Options
    Wheeler2Wheeler2 Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They should introduce a nice man . Not a rapist or a murderer or an alcoholic , serial cheat .

They really do exist!
  • Options
    LynchpinLynchpin Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sandra Bee wrote: »
    I don't care as long as it's NOT someone off the Street.

It should be easy enough to introduce a new male character via 'Underworld'
    Wheeler2 wrote: »
    They should introduce a nice man . Not a rapist or a murderer or an alcoholic , serial cheat .

They really do exist!

Yes it would make a nice change! Carla has had more than her fair share of dysfunctional men, (and a few other women's share as well!:p). Although she did go out with Trevor the bin man for a while, who was relatively normal. Maybe Carla's personality means she is drawn to men with addictive personalities. :confused:
  • Options
    barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    I want it to be Nick.
  • Options
    MrfentyMrfenty Posts: 717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I want it to be Nick.

God no Carla would eat Nick alive, the good thing about Peter was that he could stand up to her and I think that makes her relationships more interesting. Although she has went for the nice guy with Liam but he wasn't a desperate lapdog type like Nick is nowadays.
  • Options
    AngiBearAngiBear Posts: 2,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her next bloke will be Devendra! He deserves some happiness and Deirdre looked quite smug in that bed afterwards.
  • Options
    bob321bob321 Posts: 444
    Forum Member
    Norris
  • Options
    NathanJohnsonNathanJohnson Posts: 2,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kazza81 wrote: »
    Carla might just steal Kal of Leanne ;)

How can she steal him from Leanne when they are not officially a couple?:confused: Leanne hadn't had the guts to tell Nick its over between them, goes to show how much she cares. It would be hilarious whilst Leanne is going around going on about how she wants Kal, Carla just goes for it and he gets with her instead. :p:p
  • Options
    Hogs HeadHogs Head Posts: 21,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I reckon she'll end up stealing Sally's man! My money's on Tim. Roughly around the same age... good looking guy... deadbeat... very Peter Barlow-esque. Tim sounds right up her street!
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Does anyone remember when she first appeared and she had sex with Jason? Haha that's so weird looking back, and weirder to think Charlie Stubbs was around then too
    Mrs Fanshaw. :o
  • Options
    Carla-esqueCarla-esque Posts: 703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    Owen:)
    A few years ago, yes - Owen and Carla had interesting dialogue during the John Stape victim/factory rebuilding scenes in 2010. But now, no way. The Owen of 2014 is far too wet for Carla. As a future character direction I'd like to see her buy the Rovers, but there's no guy on the street who seems to make a decent match for her atm.

EDIT: I know having a drink problem and buying a pub might seem contradictory, just to say in advance before anyone mentions it. ;-)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently, SB is introducing some new men this year. One of which will be Peter's friend, who I can see will get with Carla.
  • Options
    Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    danyell wrote: »
    Is Phelan coming back do you know? I do actually miss him! Lol
    No, sorry, danyell, I have him locked in my attic and he is MINE.
  • Options
    cardiff boyocardiff boyo Posts: 3,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    who do we think now?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    who do we think now?

She doesn't need a bloke. She is the best character on the show and right now it's the last thing she needs. The scriptwriters should at least give her a break first.
  • Options
    Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Owen! Though i hope they never actually split him up with Anna.
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sandra Bee wrote: »
    .....................It should be easy enough to introduce a new male character via 'Underworld'

Great idea. Maybe a possible big buyer. He has his own large factory, and wants to subcontract the cheaper lines. Or he has a string of retail outlets throughout the North-west.

Then one experience of carla's negotiating technique, he moves in, buys part of the factory, and the rest of his business empire is totally forgotten.

Then he dies.

Have they ever tried that plot before?
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3A9pQX_TGjQ
    :)
    Perhaps they laugh about it now.
  • Options
    AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    Maybe sharif? She only seems interested in marrieds
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Angry wee Kevin Webster.

She'd treat him like dog muck, and Sally would be annoyed but too scared to say anything.
  • Options
    boxer1988boxer1988 Posts: 1,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't really see her with anyone on the show OP and realistically, Carla would want to be on her own for a while. Which is exactly what I think will happen. She'll continue to work hard at the factory, she'll be at loggerheads with Tracy Barlow, and she will be there for Michelle and Roy when they need support. I think she'll look out for Simon too. For Carla's next storyline I'd prefer the writers to introduce another relative now that Rob has gone. Then they could continue delving into her past.

Eventually, there will of course be another man though. The Barlows are going to need someone to replace Peter so perhaps his cousin could be a love interest for Carla. :p
    Luke is going to get with Maria but he wasn't really interested in her when he thought he had a chance with Carla so the writers could be planning to revisit that in the future. Like I said though, I'd rather the writers find a way to delve more into her past first.