Hollyoaks Later 2012 Discussion

Comments

• 16caerhos16caerhos Posts: 2,533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Walker had that look on his face because he wasn't enjoying it, it wasn't rape though. He did it to make Brendan "love him."
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I genuinely can't tell if that was rape or not. Walker looked traumatise, shitting hell. Great fight scene though, kind of wish Walker won.
  • intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member
    That wasn't rape, it was consensual. But it was not hot, Walker did it to keep Brendan on side and looked considerably disturbed throughout the whole thing. I think they have gone too far because people are thinking Brendan just raped him now. As for the bit with Cheryl, i'm overwhelmed.

I think this is incredible television but I really think this might be taking it way too far.

Well if he is leaving soon maybe they're just setting him up to leave with a huge bang
  • jendejende Posts: 21,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually thought it was meant to be Walker in a sense submitting to Brendan because he believes that's how to get to him. It was def meant to have a very dark side, but not sure if it was meant to be rape.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    Reo wrote: »
    I'm didn't think it was rape either, there may have been a fight before and Brendan may have been on top and Walker was lying there nearly frozen, but I wouldn't say it was rape. Walker felt that he was losing control of the situation, his boss wanted him to walk away, he had just hours to take down Brendan and Brendan has been pushing him away, he was losing control of his revenge plan, so he allowed Brendan to have sex with him to try and get back to the position he was in before when Brendan trusted him. He certainly didn't want to have sex, but he allowed it to happen to get back some trust with Brendan so he can complete his revenge on him.

This explains it perfect!!
  • StarryNightStarryNight Posts: 7,289
    Forum Member
    Dare Devil wrote: »
    Walker wouldn't have been in that state if it wasn't rape.

Calling that hot is sick.

I don't think that was rape, in fact I know it wasn't. I think he's in a state because he's not gay and because Brendan makes his skin crawl and he just had to have sex with him so he wouldn't blow his cover.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 387
    Forum Member
    Cheryl will certainly not forgive him now

Soap land, it will have been forgotten about within a few week's :D
  • NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So a kiss is consent to sex now?

You could tell that Walker wasn't enjoying it,he was very uncomfortable and he was in a terrible state after.

It wasn't rape.

He did it to make sure his cover wasn't blown and so that he could get closer to Brendan.

Its really not that hard to figure out... :sleep:
  • 16caerhos16caerhos Posts: 2,533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The next death is probably the damn dog or something.
  • Dare DevilDare Devil Posts: 118,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    HOW WAS THAT RAPE? If you seen what happened Walker KISSED brendan and said he had sex with him to make BRENDAN LOVE HIM? How can it be rape??
    gleesoc wrote: »
    It wasn't rape in the slightest. He didn't want to have sex with him, but he let him do it so Brendan would love him- that's not rape. He did it purposefully :confused:

It was still rape because Walker didn't want it and clearly wasn't enjoying it. He let him do it just to gain his trust, but that wasn't consensual. He just let him got on with it cos if he didn't Walker would've been in more trouble.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 206
    Forum Member
    16caerhos wrote: »
    Walker had that look on his face because he wasn't enjoying it, it wasn't rape though. He did it to make Brendan "love him."

I agree.

Just because he wasn't enjoying it doesn't mean it was rape. Brendan turned Walker over with no fight from him at all, and the phone call confirmed his reasons.

He was messed up afterwards because he isn't gay, I would find it pretty traumatising too. Again, doesn't mean it was rape.
  • tootdelafruittootdelafruit Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    It wasn't rape. Did people no hear his conversation with "Mum"? He tried it, he even said that, to get Brendan on side, as the only people he trusts are those he loves. Clearly it was unpleasant for Walker but he knew full well what he was doing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol can't believe people thought that was rape, Walker let him do it to gain trust as per the phonecall. He was probably distressed afterwards because he isn't gay.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was still rape because Walker didn't want it and clearly wasn't enjoying it. He let him do it just to gain his trust, but that wasn't consensual. He just let him got on with it cos if he didn't Walker would've been in more trouble.

It was NOT rape.

You are fixated with this idea. :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well it looks like it's worked. HollyoaksLater is the TOP trending top in the Uk!
    GO HOLLYOAKS!
  • BigBmadBigBmad Posts: 18,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Those words do not go hand in hand ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After tonight's episode, Brendan makes Silas seem like Elmo in comparison.
  • habanalahabanala Posts: 2,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel sorry for cheryl first lyndsey then brendan chopping a body up and the legendary nana will probably die! bad year...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lol can't believe people thought that was rape, Walker let him do it to gain trust as per the phonecall. He was probably distressed afterwards because he isn't gay.

Exactly!

Why people seem to think it was rape is beyond me... foolishness!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    I don't think it was rape, I think Walker wanted to do it to make Brendan trust him etc even thought he clearly didn't want to and was digusted by it after...I mean why would you want to have sex with somebody who dealt drugs to your brother, which killed him in the end :\ Poor Walker :( I wish he could stay longer :(
  • upsykimsyupsykimsy Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Exactly.

To me, there's no way Brendan could have believed it was consensual.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 206
    Forum Member

I think we will have to agree to disagree as in a court of law I genuinely don't think that would hold up as rape at all.

Walker was using sex as a weapon if anything.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    That was truly disturbing. It wasn't rape though. It was Walker forcing himself to have sex with Brendan to gain his trust and love. He hated every moment of it but he consented to it.
  • RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Geeeez the forum is on fire now isn't it.

First of all, that wasn't rape. It wasnt plesent to watch but it wasnt rape. Walker isn't gay so that's why he was so shaken up afterwards, but he did it to get Brendan to love him or whatever his ****ed up reason was. Rough? Yeah. Not hot? Yeah. Rape? Definately not

How good was that episode though. 9/10 for me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    It wasn't rape.

He did it to make sure his cover wasn't blown and so that he could get closer to Brendan.

Its really not that hard to figure out... :sleep:

Precisely. Not rape, not sexy though. Great storytelling though.