Options

eHarmony

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 480
    Forum Member
    Elle Fyar wrote: »

Thus proving the point I've always made - there's a lot of men with bad taste out there :D

I do take advice, but I tend to take it from people who are positive, non-conceited, friendly, charming and intelligent and have a fair view of the world. The day I ever make a comment like that, please kill me!

Ooh Meow! :kitty::D

Anyway I've said my piece so I'll leave it at that.

I'll check back in on this thread in a year's time to see how you are getting on ;-)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ooh Meow! :kitty::D

Anyway I've said my piece so I'll leave it at that.

I'll check back in on this thread in a year's time to see how you are getting on ;-)

And yet here you are.... ;-)
    There seem to be a number of people that pop in and out of this thread without adding anything / sharing anything and it seems to be with the sole purpose of winding someone or other up... really don't understand the mentality of that...

And seriously, you think you can say something like and have no one pick you up on it? MissPG simply vocalized what the rest of us thought.

Does your buffoonery know no limits :D
    Ummmm... these are *all* rhetorical BTW ;-)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 282
    Forum Member
    Justabloke wrote: »
    There seem to be a number of people that pop in and out of this thread without adding anything / sharing anything and it seems to be with the sole purpose of winding someone or other up... really don't understand the mentality of that...

And seriously, you think you can say something like and have no one pick you up on it? MissPG simply vocalized what the rest of us thought.

I think everyone should calm down. Elle has said her bit and miss pg hers, let's not make this thread about tit for tat (pardon the pun:D)

How's everyone getting on? Any news/ dates to report?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I don't wanna say too much, but, I've met someone. Who I like a lot. And he likes me :)

Very early days though. Hence the not wanting to say too much!
  • Options
    ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, I don't wanna say too much, but, I've met someone. Who I like a lot. And he likes me :)

Ooh Miss PG that's great! More info, come on, don't tease us! :D How did you meet?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's good news!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ags_rule wrote: »
    Ooh Miss PG that's great! More info, come on, don't tease us! :D How did you meet?

When I was working as a waitress in a cocktail bar, haha.

Nah, on POF. We were getting to know each other for a few weeks over Xmas whilst I was back in Ireland but we just get on. And fancy each other. That simple. He's older, sweet, gentle, nice, seems to understand my nuances, sense of humour, good fun, fancies me and has a full head of hair, his own job and house and car etc. And is looking for a stable & sexy relationship as am I.

So let's see what happens! He's the #1 taker of my Foals ticket so far, though, so that's an encouraging sign! Unless he's only after me for that, natch ;)
  • Options
    ChateauMarmontChateauMarmont Posts: 2,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nah, on POF. We were getting to know each other for a few weeks over Xmas whilst I was back in Ireland but we just get on. And fancy each other. That simple. He's older, sweet, gentle, nice, seems to understand my nuances, sense of humour, good fun, fancies me and has a full head of hair, his own job and house and car etc. And is looking for a stable & sexy relationship as am I.

So let's see what happens! He's the #1 taker of my Foals ticket so far, though, so that's an encouraging sign! Unless he's only after me for that, natch ;)

Great news, really pleased for you! Hoping this time it all works out...come back when you've deleted your PoF profile so we know it's for real!!

And as well, PlentyFishFails on Twitter, totally reminds me of you with the type of insane messages men send on there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great news, really pleased for you! Hoping this time it all works out...come back when you've deleted your PoF profile so we know it's for real!!

And as well, PlentyFishFails on Twitter, totally reminds me of you with the type of insane messages men send on there.

Thank you - and thanks for the Twitter follow too, just followed them.

Alas, all I can say is that it's clearly not made up. Just looked at the first 10 and I have received messages akin to about 7 of them!!!!

Just as well I know how to say no - the worrying thing is there's a lot who don't to the likes of those!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

good stuff! fingers crossed :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 282
    Forum Member

Great news miss pg, I've got my fingers crossed for you!!!
  • Options
    AnitaSAnitaS Posts: 4,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But what about his teeth?!

Fingers crossed it works out for you, MissPinotGrigio. And when it does, can I organise the hen night?:D
  • Options
    Forum Member

Ermm excuse me but I have read this thread practically from the beginning, I have read all about Miss PG's exploits in the dating world and seeing as this is the ADVICE thread I decided to give her some ok?

Miss PG decided as is her wish not to take the advice, as was no surprise to me seeing her attitude to similiar attempts to help her, and that is her perogative after all.

As for calling me a buffoon, I have had no problems in the dating world, have met some lovely men ,have dated long term and I am currently married, and as it would appear that that scenario is Miss PG's aim ultimately, calling ME a buffon is a bit rich to say the least.

Oh, and please remember the power of google.......given the right info it throws up not only someone's profile but their photo too.....;-)
  • Options
    shmiskshmisk Posts: 7,963
    Forum Member
    Ermm excuse me but I have read this thread practically from the beginning, I have read all about Miss PG's exploits in the dating world and seeing as this is the ADVICE thread I decided to give her some ok?

Miss PG decided as is her wish not to take the advice, as was no surprise to me seeing her attitude to similiar attempts to help her, and that is her perogative after all.

As for calling me a buffoon, I have had no problems in the dating world, have met some lovely men ,have dated long term and I am currently married, and as it would appear that that scenario is Miss PG's aim ultimately, calling ME a buffon is a bit rich to say the least.

Oh, and please remember the power of google.......given the right info it throws up not only someone's profile but their photo too.....;-)

I didnt really see why there is the over reaction to your post to be honest- neither do I see who 'the rest of us' is that JAB refers to
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shmisk wrote: »
    I didnt really see why there is the over reaction to your post to be honest- neither do I see who 'the rest of us' is that JAB refers to

Well quite. It seems people that disagrees with certain others, are made to feel very unwelcome on this thread. Not very sporting. I thought Elle gave some good advice that could help many people on this thread and there was certainly no need to resort to petty name calling.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Darcy_ wrote: »
    Well quite. It seems people that disagrees with certain others, are made to feel very unwelcome on this thread. Not very sporting. I thought Elle gave some good advice that could help many people on this thread and there was certainly no need to resort to petty name calling.

You're all so funny :D
    I love this routine, have you all considered taking it on the stage?
  • Options
    MookleMookle Posts: 1,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's good news to hear Miss PG! Good luck to you. I hope it continues in a positive way. It is that simple really - it's just surprising how hard it can be to find it.

I've recently started chatting again to someone who I gave up on about a year ago. I want to meet him and think we'd get on but he's reluctant as he might be leaving London soon. Still, I like to talk to him so I am happy to do that for the time being.

Other than that there isn't much else happening at the moment, a few little burners here and there but none of them are long term suitable - but i'm happy enough. I could do with a very good date though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You're all so funny :D
    I love this routine, have you all considered taking it on the stage?

No!

Mocking what people think doesn't make you right
  • Options
    ShappyShappy Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Miss Pinot Grigio, have you and this guy met in person yet?

I know you don't want to share too much at this stage, so feel free to ignore my question, I'm just being nosey!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shappy wrote: »
    Miss Pinot Grigio, have you and this guy met in person yet?

I know you don't want to share too much at this stage, so feel free to ignore my question, I'm just being nosey!

We have, Shappy - yes. I don't consider anything real until you actually meet, so you won't be seeing me on Catfish any time soon :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    We have, Shappy - yes. I don't consider anything real until you actually meet, so you won't be seeing me on Catfish any time soon :)

In amongst the other thing I forgot to say enjoy Foals
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In amongst the other thing I forgot to say enjoy Foals

Thank you - regardless of who's going with me, I can't bloody wait. As far as I'm concerned it's a date with Jimmy & Yannis, haha. :D
  • Options
    ShappyShappy Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Totally agree, it can be so different in person. Good luck!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Darcy_ wrote: »

Yep, somebody gave advice on an ADVICE thread shock horror! :o

The irony is resorting to name calling and even saying they would kill themselves if they were me, just make it glaringly obvious why they are long term single.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, somebody gave advice on an ADVICE thread shock horror! :o

The irony is resorting to name calling and even saying they would kill themselves if they were me, just make it glaringly obvious why they are long term single.

For the last time...

READ my post. I did NOT ask you to kill yourself, I suggested that I be killed if I came out with a comment. Do NOT twist my words and make me out to be a troll.

This thread is for positive, constructive advice. Suggesting that someone is desperate because I haven't found good chemistry with someone, and trotting out lines like "it just makes it glaringly obvious why they are long term single" is not welcome here, neither is it particularly helpful to anyone, unless you just like winding people up for fights.

Go off to General Discussion, there's plenty folk who'll entertain you there. Moving on.....