CS Adam Barlow and Ken

sconescone Posts: 14,850
Forum Member
✭✭
Will Adam return with Ken seeing as that is where Ken is supposed to be. With no other family can't the lad come back with him from Canada?

Ken Barlow is the only original cast member left. His family needs building up, never mind the Grimshaws.

Comments

• LynchpinLynchpin Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interesting thought.

As Ken has been away so long, it's to be assumed that Adam has been quite poorly. So it would make sense for Adam to come back with him.
  • Markyboy79Markyboy79 Posts: 136
    Forum Member
    Could very well see this happening. With Peter possibly leaving later this year, the Barlows will need a younger, male character to replace him.
  • Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sam Robertson's acting has vastly improved too, so it might be an idea to offer him the chance to reprise the role. Let's be honest, they're not getting Iain De Caistecker back!
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As long as he isn't played by that mahogany sideboard with a Lou Ferigno wig then I don't mind.
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always thought that his uncle Peter should have gone to look after him, too.;-)
  • mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    As soon as Ken can return, he will. Adam will be totally recovered and Ken will never visit him again.
  • Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have lost count of the Barlow men. I know Peter is Ken's son by his first wife, Susan. But who is Adam? is he the one who stole the money from the homeless hostel?
  • IanMandyIanMandy Posts: 14,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have lost count of the Barlow men. I know Peter is Ken's son by his first wife, Susan. But who is Adam? is he the one who stole the money from the homeless hostel?

Peter and Susan are Ken's twins by his first wife Valerie. Susan died but before she did, she gave birth to Adam
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IanMandy wrote: »
    Peter and Susan are Ken's twins by his first wife Valerie. Susan died but before she did, she gave birth to Adam

...........................who is Kens grandson & Mike Balwin's son. Then didnt he also have a son with a florist & also one with with the hair dresser Denise or am I adding 1 too many there?
  • NathanJohnsonNathanJohnson Posts: 2,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ericos wrote: »
    ...........................who is Kens grandson & Mike Balwin's son. Then didnt he also have a son with a florist & also one with with the hair dresser Denise or am I adding 1 too many there?

That other son (Denise's) was called Daniel. And of course he has another son James from his first girlfriend and was played by Linus Roache.
  • IanMandyIanMandy Posts: 14,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No, you're right. He has a son called Daniel through Denise and has another son called Lawrence but he has cut his ties with Ken
  • Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No that was James he was Ken's grandson via his illegitimate son Lawrence whose existence was only revealed in 2010. Adam is his grandson via his daughter Susan who was married to Mike Baldwin - Adam being Mike's son.

Adam has some very strange family relations, his dad and grandad were the same age, he had a half-brother older than his mum, an uncle younger than him and a nephew older than him. :confused::confused::confused:
  • ZebstrikerZebstriker Posts: 871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It was Mike Baldwin who had a son with the florist. Her name was Maggie Dunlop. Their son was called Mark. He later had an affair with Mike's wife Linda
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That other son (Denise's) was called Daniel. And of course he has another son James from his first girlfriend and was played by Linus Roache.

Linus Roache also played Peter Barlow many years ago.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone just draw a family tree!
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes he was two or three when she got killed and he was in the car too
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Susan had an abortion which led to the break up of her marriage to Mike Baldwin. Then they retconned it, and it turned out she had had the baby, Adam, after all.
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kazza81 wrote: »
    Someone just draw a family tree!

:)

http://coronationstreet.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Barlow_family
    A list of members of the Barlow family, either through birth or marriage.

http://coronationstreet.wikia.com/wiki/Barlow_family