Options

Remember Me

Comments

• Options
    yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    Well I really enjoyed that. I hate it when it ends.
  • Options
    AndaghaAndagha Posts: 31,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I must say I have been gripped for each episode. But I am still none the wiser, I would like to think that all the time Isha was around he couldn't die, and just kept getting older and older.
  • Options
    filmfan7filmfan7 Posts: 3,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought Michael Palin played his part brilliantly !...(what little time he was in it ) !
  • Options
    nethwennethwen Posts: 23,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was an excellent drama.

More of the same please BBC.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andagha wrote: »
    Well I must say I have been gripped for each episode. But I am still none the wiser, I would like to think that all the time Isha was around he couldn't die, and just kept getting older and older.

Yes it was confusing but really well acted !
  • Options
    AndaghaAndagha Posts: 31,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nethwen wrote: »
    That was an excellent drama.

More of the same please BBC.

I know it was, it had everyone I know, who had watched it, gripped from the beginning. I expect we'll have to wait an age until we get another gripping drama like that.
  • Options
    DimsieDimsie Posts: 2,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved it. Well done, BBC! Now I'd like another ghost story for Christmas.
  • Options
    RecordPlayerRecordPlayer Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't want to hear that song ever again. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andagha wrote: »
    I know it was, it had everyone I know, who had watched it, gripped from the beginning. I expect we'll have to wait an age until we get another gripping drama like that.

Agree !.it kept you hanging on till the end !...I thought the girl played her part really well !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dimsie wrote: »
    I loved it. Well done, BBC! Now I'd like another ghost story for Christmas.

Yes ! the BBC do them so well ...on Christmas Eve !
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,549
    Forum Member
    Excellent drama and a sad ending.

Hoping to see Michael Palin in more dramas.
  • Options
    davordavor Posts: 6,874
    Forum Member
    I really loved this drama series! Great story line and acting indeed. Too bad there were only three episodes available though :(
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,549
    Forum Member
    I don't want to hear that song ever again. :o

Me neither :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    filmfan7 wrote: »
    Thought Michael Palin played his part brilliantly !...(what little time he was in it ) !

Agreed. I almost expected him to be Isha at one point.

Excellent drama. Kept me guessing.
  • Options
    nethwennethwen Posts: 23,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/tv/posts/Remember-Me

Gwyneth Hughes' blog that was mentioned at the end of the episode. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    Excellent drama and a sad ending.

Hoping to see Michael Palin in more dramas.

Yes I thought he played the part so well !...should have been in it more though !
  • Options
    HHGTTGHHGTTG Posts: 5,941
    Forum Member
    Three bloody hours of my life lost on watching rubbish like this but I'm assuming that I'm not attuned to watching 'drama'such as this like the rest of you, who are much more forgiving, it seems.
    Vice la difference.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nethwen wrote: »
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/tv/posts/Remember-Me

Gwyneth Hughes' blog that was mentioned at the end of the episode. :)

Thanks for the link. I've been avoiding reading anything about this drama until it finished.:cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HHGTTG wrote: »
    Three bloody hours of my life lost on watching rubbish like this but I'm assuming that I'm not attuned to watching 'drama'such as this.

Rubbish ? your joking ! this was a really good drama !
  • Options
    ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 42,048
    Forum Member
    I was bawling my eyes out by the end. This should get some awards, it was superbly acted, well written and beautifully filmed, very original. Loved it!
  • Options
    RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was bawling my eyes out by the end. This should get some awards, it was superbly acted, well written and beautifully filmed, very original. Loved it!

I cried too.:blush::cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

For me it was very apmostpheric !
  • Options
    AbewestAbewest Posts: 3,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems I'll be in a minority here. This thing made no sense whatsoever. Beautifully shot and all that, but Palin originally engineers his escape from the house and an escape from the ghost, then at the end admits that the last thing he wants is to get rid of her.

She's a ghost who won't hurt children, bit of course she will when the story demands it.

It killed two people with no ryhme or reason behind it, except of course to pad out a second episode. It travels through things taken from the house, then of course it doesn't when the story again demands it.

The carer goes to Scarborough in her mother's car, the cop drives her home in his car. She immediately goes back out in her mother's car. It must've drove itself home from the sea side - but was indicative of the rest of the sloppiness. .

And then it all neatly ties together when a senile old biddy with a photographic memory who recalls verbatim a song someone sung from her childhood, so a good job she was round at her granny's that day when the newly weds got home.

When Turn of the Screw or Whistle had nothing to say, they said it beautifully and terrifyingly. This just filled the gaps up with a jumble of nonsense, and a teenager who girned and sobbed her way through the entire third episode.

That's three hours of my life gone forever.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Abewest wrote: »
    Seems I'll be in a minority here. This thing made no sense whatsoever. Beautifully shot and all that, but Palin originally engineers his escape from the house and an escape from the ghost, then at the end admits that the last thing he wants is to get rid of her.

She's a ghost who won't hurt children, bit of course she will when the story demands it.

It killed two people with no ryhme or reason behind it, except of course to pad out a second episode. It travels through things taken from the house, then of course it doesn't when the story again demands it.

The carer goes to Scarborough in her mother's car, the cop drives her home in his car. She immediately goes back out in her mother's car. It must've drove itself home from the sea side - but was indicative of the rest of the sloppiness. .

And then it all neatly ties together when a senile old biddy with a photographic memory who recalls verbatim a song someone sung from her childhood, so a good job she was round at her granny's that day when the newly weds got home.

When Turn of the Screw or Whistle had nothing to say, they said it beautifully and terrifyingly. This just filled the gaps up with a jumble of nonsense, and a teenager who girned and sobbed her way through the entire third episode.

That's three hours of my life gone forever.

Mind a lot of Ghost stories don't make sense ! ..but I still love them !