Options

Snobs.

crazychris12crazychris12 Posts: 26,254
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I really hate snobbish people. My wife's rich employers dislike me because I don't work.:rolleyes: Doesn't matter that I'm ill and on IB, they just dislike anyone who's not working and paying taxes like they are. They've told her that. They don't put my name on Christmas or Easter cards that they give her either although it doesn't bother me. :mad: The woman's sister is a Dr., a GP, and going out with a jobless immigrant so they won't allow him in their house as he has no job. She goes alone to see them.

BTW these are not the same people who didn't invite me to the wedding, in case anyone remembers my thread about that.

Do you know any snobs?

Comments

• Options
    garyessexgaryessex Posts: 9,083
    Forum Member
    I really hate snobbish people. My wife's rich employers dislike me because I don't work.:rolleyes: Doesn't matter that I'm ill and on IB, they just dislike anyone who's not working and paying taxes like they are. They've told her that. They don't put my name on Christmas or Easter cards that they give her either although it doesn't bother me. :mad: The woman's sister is a Dr., a GP, and going out with a jobless immigrant so they won't allow him in their house as he has no job. She goes alone to see them.

BTW these are not the same people who didn't invite me to the wedding, in case anyone remembers my thread about that.

Do you know any snobs?

Clearly...
    I wouldn't worry about it
  • Options
    shantomshantom Posts: 2,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes several of them live on my street....I think they need to get their heads from up their own arses.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Everybody is somebody else's snob.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 371
    Forum Member
    In some people's eyes I'm a snob. In others' I'm uncouth and unsophisticated. You can't win, I'm afraid.
  • Options
    You_moYou_mo Posts: 11,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My father. When I pull him up he always replies 'at least I have standards'!
  • Options
    xorosetylerxoxorosetylerxo Posts: 6,674
    Forum Member
    My step grandma is as snobby as they come
  • Options
    El GuapoEl Guapo Posts: 4,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Do you know any snobs?

Why does that mean they are snobs?
  • Options
    Julie68Julie68 Posts: 3,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You_mo wrote: »
    My father. When I pull him up he always replies 'at least I have standards'!

There's nothing wrong in having standards.
  • Options
    darkmothdarkmoth Posts: 12,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Do you know any snobs?
    I wouldn't call them snobs...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe they don't like you because you won't wash your salty nuts
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    I happily admit to being a snob. I'm a food snob, a clothes snob, a music snob.

I don't look down on people for what they are or who they are, but for their standards (or lack of).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    El Guapo wrote: »
    Why does that mean they are snobs?

Well they're looking down on people not working as if they're beneath them and not as good as them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    If I do know any snobs I don't keep in regular contact with them enough for them to bother me. I tend to have a habit of telling people what I really think of them, whether they like it or not. So if someone's behaviour bothers me they will more than likely know it and therefore won't be snobbish to me again.
  • Options
    SwipeSwipe Posts: 6,381
    Forum Member
    I happily admit to being a snob. I'm a food snob, a clothes snob, a music snob.

I don't look down on people for what they are or who they are, but for their standards (or lack of).

Let us know your music, food and taste in designer labels and we can all judge you.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    Well they're looking down on people not working as if they're beneath them and not as good as them.

I look down on you for the shit quality of the threads you start and your "the whole world is against me" attitude.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pogo1910 wrote: »
    I look down on you for the shit quality of the threads you start and your "the whole world is against me" attitude.

Do you? Now that saddens me as I thought I was starting interesting quality threads that people here enjoy reading. :cry:

EDIT. Strange that you know me so well after 3 posts.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    HypnodiscHypnodisc Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Bit ironic coming from someone who's probably either a sockpuppet or a PBU, and has contributed a grand total of 3 posts - all of which are worthless.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    Well from the short time i have been here you have complained your wife's employers,friends and store detectives all hate you allegedly,I reckon somebodies mummy and daddy did not give him enough cuddles when he was younger,Either that you crave attention and can only find it on here ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well from the short time i have been here you have complained your wife's employers,friends and store detectives all hate you allegedly,I reckon somebodies mummy and daddy did not give him enough cuddles when he was younger,Either that you crave attention and can only find it on here ;)

Don't forget KP hate me too........:D
  • Options
    MrIncredibleMrIncredible Posts: 5,034
    Forum Member

Irony is a beautiful thing.
  • Options
    lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    Gawge wrote: »
    Everybody is somebody else's snob.

Indeed. Anyone who claims never to have taken disdain to someone else is simply lying.
    We are all snobs at some time and in some capacity.
    Looking down on snobs is just snobbish.

edit: I've just said "snob" too much to the point where it now sounds like a weird word. Isn't it strange when that happens?
  • Options
    Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Controversial, but I'm a bit of a snob sometimes. I'm perfectly polite to everyone, and I'm always friendly, but sometimes I see people and can't help but look down at them. When I see the way some people present and conduct themselves in public places, then I can't help but judge them. :p

I don't expect the world to walk around like royalty - I sure as hell don't, but I think there's a way to behave in public, and a lot of people really don't reach that standard.

But again, I'm sure if the Queen saw me, she'd think I'm a common troll, so there you go, we're all someone elses snob. :p
  • Options
    lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    Kyle123 wrote: »
    Controversial, but I'm a bit of a snob sometimes. I'm perfectly polite to everyone, and I'm always friendly, but sometimes I see people and can't help but look down at them. When I see the way some people present and conduct themselves in public places, then I can't help but judge them. :p

Shocking breaking news: we all do that! :eek:
  • Options
    iamsofirediamsofired Posts: 13,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OP reverse snobbery is just as bad as being a snob, you can see this right?
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure everyone is snobiish about something and different people can be snobbish about different things - food, music, clothing, holidays, houses, cars, behaviour - anything in fact.

Personally, I'm snobbish when it comes to bad TV (I never watch ITV), chavvish behaviour and beer but I have admittedly bad tastes in music, food and clothes.