Options

Stephen Mulhern

Comments

• Options
    nancyboynancyboy Posts: 1,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Creepy and weird like most magicians, and very pleased with himself.

He's very tall though. Simon only comes up to his chest.
  • Options
    MandarkMandark Posts: 47,964
    Forum Member
    nancyboy wrote: »
    Creepy and weird like most magicians, and very pleased with himself.

He's very tall though. Simon only comes up to his chest.
    I've never noticed that he's particularly tall.
  • Options
    BroadwayBabyNYBroadwayBabyNY Posts: 2,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackbell wrote: »
    I don't like him.
    JamesC81 wrote: »
    bad presenter has no warmth or charisma

It's obvious you have NO appreciation for subtle, intelligent humor. He is hilarious...his comic timing is fabulous!
    yawalloper wrote: »
    I think he's brilliant, makes me laugh all the time and very much in the Ant N Dec humour mould imo.

Ditto for me!

I want to adopt him, LOL.
  • Options
    ParnebParneb Posts: 5,676
    Forum Member
    Mulhern thinks he is funny, he is NOT.

Britain's Got More Talent should be renamed The Stephen Mulhern Show.

Now at the level of the J Kyle show for morons and falling.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Parneb wrote: »
    Mulhern thinks he is funny, he is NOT.

Britain's Got More Talent should be renamed The Stephen Mulhern Show.

I agree it's all about him. There always seems to be a sneer behind his smile. Definitely something of a 'Ricky Gervais' insincerity about him.
  • Options
    TomGrantTomGrant Posts: 4,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He seems rude and smarmy. Not funny either. Shite IMO, unsure how he even got the job.
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what did mulhern do on bgmt to make him rude?
    i think i missed it
  • Options
    PlausibleDenialPlausibleDenial Posts: 978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This man ruins britains got more talent, so much so I haven't watched it since he has been on it using it as a tool for his ego. He thinks he's funny. But he's not. I agree with other people who branded him smug.
  • Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he's very good at his job. He's just like a naughty schoolboy - you know there's one in every class - they never shut up, they're always mucking about but they make everybody laugh.
  • Options
    jaimeswjaimesw Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackbell wrote: »
    I don't like him.

Dont suppose he likes you either.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jaimesw wrote: »
    Dont suppose he likes you either.

Oh, that's a new one. Never heard that before:)

Are you his dad?
  • Options
    jenailsajenailsa Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe just a small point but I noticed when he walked onto the show earlier someone handed him the mike and he grabbed it without a smile or nod, nevermind a quick thankyou. Seemed bad mannered and dismissive to me. Possibly just a wee oversight on his part but the way stars (if he is one?) treat those who work for them is important.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't stand him, I think his style of humour is definitely more suited to children. It's cheesy, cringey and cracker joke-ish. That's why he was best doing kids show (when he did).

He'll be having an interview with someone and they're being serious, but he's not taking them serious, he's more bothered about the joke he's about to use next and I'm just like 'Urgh be serious for once!' he overloads it and that's the problem. He feels more like a character than a serious person. in which case, having Stephen Mulhern as the BGMT presenter would be equal to having Keith Lemon in his place.

You can tell he thinks he's a really funny man as well. Personally, I can't see what there is to him. Most presenters are forced to act accordingly but Stephen Mulhern lacks a certain sincerity. I'd enjoy BGMT a whole lot more without him, I enjoy the interviews but the bad overules the good, all because of this smarmy man who thinks he's gods own jester. :yawn:
  • Options
    stash22stash22 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    Dont think he's very good, but hes definitely got much better - i remember the first seriies he was appauling i didnt think theyd keep him on.
  • Options
    BinCatBinCat Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like he him, I wish he did Xtra Factor as well.
  • Options
    Luce*Luce* Posts: 211
    Forum Member
    He just really irritates me for some reason.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I like him, he's really funny. I love watching BGMT. Don't understand why some people on here don't like him.
  • Options
    moose82moose82 Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stephen mulhern is my guilty pleasure n sometimes i enjoy more talent more than bgt x
  • Options
    loddellboshloddellbosh Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member
    During the auditions process BGMT is far better than BGT and that's because of Stephen Mulhern. He does what he's paid to do and he does it very well. BGMT is not supposed to be serious.
  • Options
    MrRightMrRight Posts: 685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find it odd how him Ant & Dec all look like they could be related to SCowell.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    I think he's great, love how he so obviously takes the piss out of people and they don't even notice.
  • Options
    HMOHMO Posts: 42,226
    Forum Member
    The most hilarious thing of him is his 'Where's Walli...ams' and how he says it.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    The most hilarious thing of him is his 'Where's Walli...ams' and how he says it.

Yeah I loved that :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    I have a crush on him!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Sorry to do a necro but I am so glad im not alone at finding his rude smugness off putting. I have had to stop watching BGMT cos I can't bear him. I know he has to have a laugh but the way he literally rips the auditionees to shreds to get a (incredibly tiny) laugh is obnoxious. He looks to camera with a sneer as if we are all laughing with him. Then with Ant & Dec (the Gods of TV who can do no wrong in my eyes) he tries soooo hard to be one of the lads. I think that's the problem all over......he tries too hard. Ant and Dec are naturally funny, yet kind. Stephen Mulhern sneering, unkind and failing on the funny.
    I must add im sure he is a nice chap. He hasn't murdered anyone but he has ruined a show I love and I don't get why he got the job. OK rant over.
    Sorry!