Options

Who did you play In your school nativity play?

Comments

• Options
    Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was a tree :cry:

I was a tree in our Harvest Festival one year. I'd completely forgotten about that til I read your post!
  • Options
    Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    Miss XYZ wrote: »
    I was a tree in our Harvest Festival one year. I'd completely forgotten about that til I read your post!
    Yay for trees!! Wanna audition for Britain's Got Talent, we could be a forest. :D
  • Options
    rufusrainrufusrain Posts: 923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A monk dressed in brown rag thing.
  • Options
    Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    Yay for trees!! Wanna audition for Britain's Got Talent, we could be a forest. :D

I'm in, although i will be honest, im not entirely reliable.

I was a tree in a primary play (no idea what or why!)

At secondary school we had a drama festival every year where each english class wrote their own play amd performed it and the teachers judged them. In year 10 i was down to be a tree and had to make my own tree mask. I wasnt happy because i didnt want to be part of the acting at all, i wanted to be backstage. So i skived that day and left them a tree down. Not that i mattered i shouldnt think!

Maybe i skived because i didnt want to perform or maybe subconsciously i didnt want to be typecast as a tree :D just incase any hollywood producers were watching.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I played a shepherd :)

In another school play I was cast in the starring role of Santa Claus :D
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I played a shepherd. I was a tree in another Christmas play.
  • Options
    LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mary, and I recall spending most of the show looking in disgust at how dirty the assembly hall had made my bare feet and rocking the manger with my prehensile toes.
  • Options
    BrooklynBoyBrooklynBoy Posts: 10,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kippeh wrote: »
    I'm sure looking back that's what you'd like to imagine you were doing, but the reality is that as a nipper you would have joined in like the rest of us did. :)

Or maybe he went on a rampage telling all the other children they were acting out a complete myth and that they were all homophobic for doing so. :D
  • Options
    kitty86kitty86 Posts: 7,034
    Forum Member
    I was Mary, stole most of Joseph's lines as I felt he wasn't doing them properly and shouted at him when he dropped baby Jesus.

I don't feel this reflects on who I am now, at all :D
  • Options
    Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes I'm up for that - from the sounds of it my brown hair is probably more suitable for the role of a tree rather than an angel! :D

In my class assembly one year I was a milkman. I think that's possibly my biggest role to date. :cool::D
  • Options
    Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had no idea they're supposed to be blonde. I feel slightly inferior now - there were blondes in my class, perhaps they were ill that year! :(

You are way younger than me.
    When I was a little girl only blonde girls got picked to be the angels :) well at my school in Surrey they were.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tt88 wrote: »
    I'm in, although i will be honest, im not entirely reliable.

I was a tree in a primary play (no idea what or why!)

At secondary school we had a drama festival every year where each english class wrote their own play amd performed it and the teachers judged them. In year 10 i was down to be a tree and had to make my own tree mask. I wasnt happy because i didnt want to be part of the acting at all, i wanted to be backstage. So i skived that day and left them a tree down. Not that i mattered i shouldnt think!

Maybe i skived because i didnt want to perform or maybe subconsciously i didnt want to be typecast as a tree :D just incase any hollywood producers were watching.
    Yes I'm up for that - from the sounds of it my brown hair is probably more suitable for the role of a tree rather than an angel! :D

In my class assembly one year I was a milkman. I think that's possibly my biggest role to date. :cool::D

I'm liking all the thespian trees on here. We should all get together in our tree outfits, and if rejected from Britain's Got Talent, form an urban street act and make £££££'s out of gullible tourists in Covent Garden.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,800
    Forum Member
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    The rock that Joseph laid his head on to sleep :(

...(((( 2shy :'(
  • Options
    The WizardThe Wizard Posts: 11,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joseph
  • Options
    and101and101 Posts: 2,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was a sun. Seeing as the nativity is set at night I didn't have much to do. :(
  • Options
    Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    I'm liking all the thespian trees on here. We should all get together in our tree outfits, and if rejected from Britain's Got Talent, form an urban street act and make £££££'s out of gullible tourists in Covent Garden.

Which tree outfit would you like?

My primary school tree- brown trousers, one of dads humungous green carlsberg tshirts which i had to wear inside out because of the logo! Plus a headband with paper leaves on and green facepaint.

Secondary school tree- brown trousers and brown top. Mask covering my face with just holes cut out for eyes. Covered in leaves and branches.

On our britains got talent audition we should dance to michael jacksons the earth song, one by one falling down and dying.
  • Options
    Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kitty86 wrote: »
    I was Mary, stole most of Joseph's lines as I felt he wasn't doing them properly and shouted at him when he dropped baby Jesus.

I don't feel this reflects on who I am now, at all :D

:D:D:D
  • Options
    Jesse PinkmanJesse Pinkman Posts: 5,794
    Forum Member
    kippeh wrote: »
    I'm sure looking back that's what you'd like to imagine you were doing, but the reality is that as a nipper you would have joined in like the rest of us did. :)

No I never did nativity a play ever.

I can remember being in "Oliver!" in secondary school.
  • Options
    Jesse PinkmanJesse Pinkman Posts: 5,794
    Forum Member
    Or maybe he went on a rampage telling all the other children they were acting out a complete myth and that they were all homophobic for doing so. :D

I have no problem with people acting out myth as long as they identify it as so.

That IS the problem with religious propaganda.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tt88 wrote: »
    Which tree outfit would you like?

My primary school tree- brown trousers, one of dads humungous green carlsberg tshirts which i had to wear inside out because of the logo! Plus a headband with paper leaves on and green facepaint.

Secondary school tree- brown trousers and brown top. Mask covering my face with just holes cut out for eyes. Covered in leaves and branches.

On our britains got talent audition we should dance to michael jacksons the earth song, one by one falling down and dying.
    You're a flipping genius! I think the secondary school outfit of brown trousers, brown shirt and various twigs is the way forward, and a bit of Michael Jackson never goes amiss. Let's roll. :D
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    A non speaking shepherd I think.
  • Options
    StarpussStarpuss Posts: 12,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was Gabriel. When I was 7. I still remember my lines. 'And unto you a child is born...' I remember feeling very beautiful despite not being a particularly attractive child. A good memory.
  • Options
    India_RainIndia_Rain Posts: 2,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A black cat. I didn't mind because I got to have a tail.

I think they'd run out of parts.
  • Options
    EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was part of the choir.
  • Options
    housegirlhousegirl Posts: 6,017
    Forum Member
    The angel gabral, the girl who should of played her got chickenpox lol I was her understudy, I went down with chickenpox just at the end of that Christmas