Looking for info on the US Xbox One store

NewGamesOfTodayNewGamesOfToday Posts: 292
Forum Member
I notice that a few members on here that are in the UK are using the US store to buy cheaper digital games for their Xbox One. What I would like to know is, by doing this are you breaking any T&C's on your account? I want to try it but only if I don't get my account banned or taken off me for doing so. I have over £500 worth of digital games on my account and would love to buy them cheaper but not if it means I could loose what I already have. Can anyone give some info on here on how it works and the ricks, if any that are involved?:confused:

Comments

• brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've used the US store for Zoo Tycoon, Peggle, Titanfall, Minecraft and Destiny. Not had any issues so far. It was said when the XBO was being marketed closer to release, by the director of marketing, and I quote:

"You can use one of the 13 digital marketplaces corresponding to our launch markets, assuming you have a valid payment instrument for those countries. Lots of people in Europe specifically travel, move, and visit family," he continued before slyly adding "Now, of course, if you were using Pre-Paid cards..."

I'll be using the HK store from now on, though. Significantly cheaper than the US store.
  • NewGamesOfTodayNewGamesOfToday Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    brb wrote: »
    I've used the US store for Zoo Tycoon, Peggle, Titanfall, Minecraft and Destiny. Not had any issues so far. It was said when the XBO was being marketed closer to release, by the director of marketing, and I quote:

"You can use one of the 13 digital marketplaces corresponding to our launch markets, assuming you have a valid payment instrument for those countries. Lots of people in Europe specifically travel, move, and visit family," he continued before slyly adding "Now, of course, if you were using Pre-Paid cards..."

I'll be using the HK store from now on, though. Significantly cheaper than the US store.

Thanks for the info brb, so how do I go about changing to the different country's? If I bought Destiny from the US or HK do I just change it to the country I want, buy the game and then change it back to the UK again?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Go to settings, then something like console settings. You can change the settings there. If you are using PayPal, you'll need to use a US address. It's also possible to pay by card. Paying using xbox live cards is the easiest, though, as you don't need to change your address. You can buy those online from G2A and sites like it.
  • austino6austino6 Posts: 301
    Forum Member
    Okay i will let you all in to this lol.

Do as the above but change to the Indian region & fifa 15 is only £25 & same now for forza & others!

Hong kong has some cheap ones to.

Just make sure you use any address & zip code for those regions & leave everything else as it is i.e phone no etc & pay by debit/credit card.

Your welcome.
    Forum Member
    Thank you for all the info so far but I just have a couple more questions before I go into this.

Am I correct in saying that I go into the settings first, change the region to say India for example and them give them any address from India? Also if I have to give them an address from India am I providing them with an additional address or am I changing the address I have with them now? I am not that keen on changing my address in the UK with them for another country's but if I am only providing them with an additional address then it's not so bad.

If I have bought games from the UK store using my debit card and I was to use the same card in say the Indian store, does this matter?
    Forum Member
    Thank you for all the info so far but I just have a couple more questions before I go into this.

Am I correct in saying that I go into the settings first, change the region to say India for example and them give them any address from India? Also if I have to give them an address from India am I providing them with an additional address or am I changing the address I have with them now? I am not that keen on changing my address in the UK with them for another country's but if I am only providing them with an additional address then it's not so bad.

If I have bought games from the UK store using my debit card and I was to use the same card in say the Indian store, does this matter?

This is the beauty of it each time you switch regions your card details are separate for each one.

For instance try & buy a game on the indian store & you will notice they are no card details stored but once you enter them for that region with address they stay stored.

Making it easy to just switch regions & your details are saved for each one.

& dont worry it does NOT affect anything on your UK account.
    Forum Member
    I have been doing some further reading up on this and I think I will stick to buying the UK games digitally, I just don't think it's worth the risk for me. Thanks anyways guys.
    Forum Member
    I have been doing some further reading up on this and I think I will stick to buying the UK games digitally, I just don't think it's worth the risk for me. Thanks anyways guys.

Why??? trust me when i say i have modded & made my own 360 games over the past 7 years & no bans or anything.

Don't be such a pussy it's microsoft.
    Forum Member
    austino6 wrote: »
    Why??? trust me when i say i have modded & made my own 360 games over the past 7 years & no bans or anything.

Don't be such a pussy it's microsoft.

It is very tempting but I have over £500 worth of digital games on my account that I have bought from the UK store over the months. It will just be my luck that I will change regions and buy some games to save a few £££s and get my account banned. I read online that it's breaking Microsoft's T&C's, I just think I got a lot more to loose than you guys. :)
    Forum Member
    It is very tempting but I have over £500 worth of digital games on my account that I have bought from the UK store over the months. It will just be my luck that I will change regions and buy some games to save a few £££s and get my account banned. I read online that it's breaking Microsoft's T&C's, I just think I got a lot more to loose than you guys. :)

Not really i have about 300 odd quid in digital games on the x1 before i found out about this.

Which was a month ago.
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forza horizon ultimate for £48 wowsers think I may have to give this a bash
    Forum Member
    kendoguk wrote: »
    Forza horizon ultimate for £48 wowsers think I may have to give this a bash

The way forward & of course not region locking games :D
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One last question. So when/if I buy a game from another region and then go back to my own region does the game automatically appear there too?
  • Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kendoguk wrote: »
    One last question. So when/if I buy a game from another region and then go back to my own region does the game automatically appear there too?

Yup, I did it for PvZ, bought from US store, downloaded, then switched back to UK and it was there still.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Xbox One is region free. Any game you buy will work regardless of the country you have set your XBO too.
  • deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thanks for the tips guys. I have tried it today and managed to buy NHL 15 from the India store for £24.43 (I have EA access) instead of £55
    Looks like I'll be doing this for Forza Horizon 2
  • Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How much is the standard version of Horizon on the US store?

Also if you've got credit on your UK account (I've got around £44, but like 30p short for Horizon which is soooooo annoying) - can that be used on the US store?
  • deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't see how much it was in the US store, but the India store had Horizon 2 Ultimate for around £55 compared to £76 here

Also the credit doesn't carry over
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've set up a US account on ps4. Never bought anything though. Would my debit card work on there just as it would on the uk one? Not set one up on xb yet.
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt35 wrote: »
    I've set up a US account on ps4. Never bought anything though. Would my debit card work on there just as it would on the uk one? Not set one up on xb yet.

I added my UK debit card to an entropay then added that to a U.S. paypal account! 😄

I can use both the Entropay card & US paypal for everything such as psnetwork, xboxlive, hulu etc etc 😊

(or use pcgamesupply) 👍
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't change my region back I leave it on US.
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't change my region back I leave it on US.

That's my main gripe! ... Why doesn't the X1 system setting get stored on a gamertag profile like on the PS4? :confused: ... When I switch between my accounts it automatically changes the PS store region from UK to US & vice versa! :cool:

(Having to change locale then restart the X1 console seems abit daft 2 me!) 😏
  • mw0390mw0390 Posts: 23,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone got forza horizon 2 working? Want to buy it from the US store but am hearing that it's not unlocking
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mw0390 wrote: »
    Anyone got forza horizon 2 working? Want to buy it from the US store but am hearing that it's not unlocking

If you buy from an international store, then the game will unlock when it launches in the territory you have bought the game from. So it will unlock at 8am tomorrow morning (Midnight Pacific Time).
  • mw0390mw0390 Posts: 23,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    If you buy from an international store, then the game will unlock when it launches in the territory you have bought the game from. So it will unlock at 8am tomorrow morning (Midnight Pacific Time).

Hasn't Forza horizon already released in America? It released last night