Options

Virgin Media changelog

Comments

• Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is there a chance Virgin will have a major channel review the entertainment has now overflowed into 200's, the channels are all over the place, is there any hint that they might review the channels positions?
  • Options
    carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,705
    Forum Member
    Nosedive wrote: »
    Pick moved from 180 to 123 as of this morning when I switched on at 06:60.
    Not just the one channel
    steveh31 wrote: »
    Is there a chance Virgin will have a major channel review the entertainment has now overflowed into 200's, the channels are all over the place, is there any hint that they might review the channels positions?

They have :)

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Media-News/Changes-to-our-EPG-Channel-Line-Up/td-p/2390829
  • Options
    kriZbiikriZbii Posts: 1,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's not really Virgin tidying up, it's just Sky having their channels reordered on the numbers they already had, so that Sky 1 moves above Sky Living and the movie channels are in the same order as on Sky's EPG. It's strange for them to make a post clarifying which channels moved, but not list them in any kind of order, it's not really a handy guide.
  • Options
    ally8971ally8971 Posts: 421
    Forum Member
    BBC RB 0 Virgin channel 990
  • Options
    Steven L HunterSteven L Hunter Posts: 10,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No one has mentioned it yet so Sky Sports 5 on 506 and Sky Sports 5 HD on 516
  • Options
    stuntmasterstuntmaster Posts: 5,070
    Forum Member
    No one has mentioned it yet so Sky Sports 5 on 506 and Sky Sports 5 HD on 516

Sky Sports News also renamed Sky Sports News HQ
  • Options
    NiggleNiggle Posts: 293
    Forum Member
    Local Channels went live in various locations yesterday and the one in Brighton, Hove and Worthing - Latest TV is also on VM on 159.
  • Options
    Gavin_DGavin_D Posts: 2,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    5+1 has returned and is on 155
  • Options
    Steven L HunterSteven L Hunter Posts: 10,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gavin_D wrote: »
    5+1 has returned and is on 155

I thought Channel 5 +1 was always there?
  • Options
    ally8971ally8971 Posts: 421
    Forum Member
    Was watching free practice 2 of the Aragon Moto GP this afternoon and the guy mentioned different Camera Views via the BT Sport ap during the race. Heard BT Sport Extra was coming via the red button so I thought i'd try and it to see what happened and got an animated BT Sport Extra Logo With Music

Perhaps we may get something on there come the race on sunday
  • Options
    Alex2606Alex2606 Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ally8971 wrote: »
    Was watching free practice 2 of the Aragon Moto GP this afternoon and the guy mentioned different Camera Views via the BT Sport ap during the race. Heard BT Sport Extra was coming via the red button so I thought i'd try and it to see what happened and got an animated BT Sport Extra Logo With Music

Perhaps we may get something on there come the race on sunday

Listings for it are here

http://sport.bt.com/sportfootball/tvlistings/coming-up-on-bt-sport-extra-S11363932803705
  • Options
    wilts_ianwilts_ian Posts: 650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Itv-Be Website is suggesting that this new channel will be on 119.
    Currently nothing showing here in Slough.

Loads of you have been asking where you can find ITVBe. Well, we can now reveal, ITVBe will be available on...

Freeview 26
    Sky 179
    Virgin Media 119
    Freesat 118
    ITV Player

Make sure you join us for the launch of the channel - from 7pm on October 8th.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ITV Be now on channel 119
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nick Jr. 2 has been re-branded as Nick Jr. Peppa on Virgin Channel 716 until November 1st

It will be showing Peppa pig all day every day this month from 03:00 to 00:00
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That ITV Be looks shite.
  • Options
    Ernie_CErnie_C Posts: 2,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That ITV Be looks shite.

That's an understatement!
  • Options
    dj999dj999 Posts: 1,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That ITV Be looks shite.

almost as good as itv 2
  • Options
    YouViewYouView Posts: 2,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Placeholders for ITV Be +1 and ITV Be HD added to channels 120 and 179 respectively. Unlike ITV 2-4 HD which are only available on the XL package, ITV Be HD is showing as available on my M+ package. Shame the channel is full of trash TV!
  • Options
    RichardcoulterRichardcoulter Posts: 30,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    YouView wrote: »
    Placeholders for ITV Be +1 and ITV Be HD added to channels 120 and 179 respectively. Unlike ITV 2-4 HD which are only available on the XL package, ITV Be HD is showing as available on my M+ package. Shame the channel is full of trash TV!

Starts 19/11/14.
  • Options
    YouViewYouView Posts: 2,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ITV Be +1 and ITV Be HD have launched. ITV Be HD has been removed from the M+ lineup so presumably they've made it XL only as most of the HD channels are. Don't think I'm missing much, The Real Housewives of... in HD isn't in any way appealing!
  • Options
    Alex2606Alex2606 Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HUM Europe is now on channel 833
  • Options
    gjbgjb Posts: 461
    Forum Member
    Sky Sports News HD 511
    Sky News HD 603
  • Options
    wilts_ianwilts_ian Posts: 650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Adult Channels appear to have moved to 969 - 980, confirmed by February's Channel Guide

It means that LBC has lost its legacy FM frequency channel number of 973 - but even the channel guide appears to be a bit confused, still listing it there, slap bang in the middle of those 'naughty' channels. (LBC has now actually moved to 919)
  • Options
    Wbc-WorkerWbc-Worker Posts: 815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wilts_ian wrote: »
    Adult Channels appear to have moved to 969 - 980, confirmed by February's Channel Guide

that change was made 13th January so not exactly recent news.
  • Options
    stuntmasterstuntmaster Posts: 5,070
    Forum Member
    Wbc-Worker wrote: »
    that change was made 13th January so not exactly recent news.

yes but it wasn't logged here either.