Popping and clicking problem on BBC Local Radio Listen Again

1235»

Comments

• PubcrawlerPubcrawler Posts: 505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What joy, just listened to the whole of "Twiggy's" Friday night show without a single pop/click..........wonderful. :D
  • radioanorakradioanorak Posts: 4,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes listening now. Two hours in & not a single pop or click
  • Harris TweedHarris Tweed Posts: 1,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seagull259 wrote: »
    It is also a shame about the overall quality of the stream. Only 48k mono I believe.

Really? I'm sure I had a 128k AAC stream the other day from one of the local sites?
  • MikeBrMikeBr Posts: 7,854
    Forum Member
    Really? I'm sure I had a 128k AAC stream the other day from one of the local sites?

Right click on the Iplayer on local stations, I've just done this for Kent, and it says the stream is 128k AAC but doesn't sound like it to me.
  • Seagull259Seagull259 Posts: 1,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MikeBr wrote: »
    Right click on the Iplayer on local stations, I've just done this for Kent, and it says the stream is 128k AAC but doesn't sound like it to me.

Radiofeeds shows 48k mono

http://www.radiofeeds.co.uk/query.asp?feedme=BBC+Radio+Kent
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK.. I was doing the right-click thing. Not sure whether it's accurate or not!
  • vinnielovinnielo Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    Seagull259 wrote: »
    iPlayer uses a different stream to this.
  • James VertiganJames Vertigan Posts: 2,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else listening to BBC Local Radio online noticed any random audio dropouts this week?

They appear to happen at irregular moments and it's almost like the stream has lost contact with the carrier as the stream is still live (ie not buffering) but there's no audio for a little while before it comes back.
  • carrier_wavecarrier_wave Posts: 106
    Forum Member
    Has the fault with the 'pops & clicks' on local radio stations returned?
    Listen again on Radio Humberside programs seem to be affected.
  • mwcclivemwcclive Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    Agreed, it does seem to have returned. I've been listening to programmes on 3CR and BBC R Devon and there's definately quite a few pops and clicks.
  • womer_ukwomer_uk Posts: 496
    Forum Member
    Radio WM on Saturday was appauling due to this as well
  • walmesdanwalmesdan Posts: 806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes..I noticed the popping & clicking on BBC Radio Devon yesterday too. :mad:
  • BenaroundBenaround Posts: 78
    Forum Member
    This is dreadful, the problem has returned, so far on Geoff Barker Radio Devon, as bad as ever. I have filled in the on-line form provided on the iPlayer "contact us" link. The response to this was very poor last time we went through all this, you get a response, usually by someone who does not understand what you are saying, and you cannot follow up because all replies are allocated a fresh case number. I haven't understood why they offer case numbers because there is no facility to use them . I wrote by snail mail a detailed letter to BBC complaints about the inadequacies of the feedback system but no one investigated my complaint. Can't remember what response I got. Previous experience obviates the need to say that this is not yet mentioned on the "current issues" page.
  • MikeBrMikeBr Posts: 7,854
    Forum Member
    Benaround wrote: »
    This is dreadful, the problem has returned, so far on Geoff Barker Radio Devon, as bad as ever. I have filled in the on-line form provided on the iPlayer "contact us" link. The response to this was very poor last time we went through all this, you get a response, usually by someone who does not understand what you are saying, and you cannot follow up because all replies are allocated a fresh case number. I haven't understood why they offer case numbers because there is no facility to use them . I wrote by snail mail a detailed letter to BBC complaints about the inadequacies of the feedback system but no one investigated my complaint. Can't remember what response I got. Previous experience obviates the need to say that this is not yet mentioned on the "current issues" page.

Quicker way of reporting it is to use the problem with sound option on the report issue link underneath the programme on the Iplayer.
  • BenaroundBenaround Posts: 78
    Forum Member
    Thank you, have duly done so
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's been noticed and logged within the BBC too - so it is being looked at and not being ignored (although that didn't make it an instantly-fixable job last time)
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just had BBC Essex on and it seems to be OK so far so maybe this one not effected.
  • PubcrawlerPubcrawler Posts: 505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just had BBC Essex on and it seems to be OK so far so maybe this one not effected.

Yes, I've just listened to Roger Day from 22nd/23rd Aug with no problems.