Does anyone else hate going out at weekends and on bank holidays?

offtotheracesofftotheraces Posts: 723
Forum Member
✭✭
I do, as I just don't like being out and about when it's busy. I prefer to go out weekday mornings before 11ish because the difference in the amount of people out and about is staggering.

There is also a big difference in the "type" of people you get depending on the time of day.

Most people seem to live for going out and about during the weekends but I've never really enjoyed it and even when working I'd rather spend my free time at home instead of shopping or going on an outing.

As for bank holidays, I don't even consider going anywhere. Too much traffic, too many people...I find it hellish.

Comments

• Auntie ClimaxAuntie Climax Posts: 917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm the same as you. I prefer the quieter times.
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i hate going out alltogether
  • LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    I remember when pretty much everyone seemed to go supermarket shopping on a Saturday morning. Then it was off to town in the afternoon for even more shopping - computer games, music, clothes, books, and so on. I used to wonder why shops bothered opening the rest of the week!

Now we have, far too limited, Sunday opening and later closing hours during the week at some shops, plus the internet, of course. Why would anyone in their right mind put up with the horribleness that is Saturday shopping?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. At the weekends my local pub is overrun with screaming kids and parents getting drunk - horrendous. In the weekdays however, it is possible to enjoy a nice quiet drink.
  • jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    I'm the same as you. I prefer the quieter times.

In general this. That's nowadays, as I tend to like a quiet life, but not so much when I was younger.
  • ChickenWingsChickenWings Posts: 2,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate going out full stop :D
    Forum Member
    I hate going out full stop :D

How old are you, if I may ask?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jra wrote: »
    How old are you, if I may ask?

22 :)
    Forum Member
    22 :)

Only 22 :eek:. I was out all the time between 18 and 25 (after leaving home), and very often between then and 35. When you get to my age, hopefully you'll look back to those times with fond memories, if for instance you haven't got the energy any more, e.g. going out clubbing until the very early hours or doing some strenuous hill walking.
  • offtotheracesofftotheraces Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only 22 :eek:. I was out all the time between 18 and 25 (after leaving home), and very often between then and 35. When you get to my age, hopefully you'll look back to those times with fond memories, if for instance you haven't got the energy any more, e.g. going out clubbing until the very early hours or doing some strenuous hill walking.

Everyone is different though, old and young. Some people just don't see the appeal in being out all the time. For me, the club/pub scene has never held any appeal ever for example. It doesn't mean I am less fulfilled than the person next to me just because they like these things and I don't.

It's like some sort of crime to be happier staying in with a book than going out with gangs of people. I suppose it's some sort of tribal mentality. Loners and quiet people come in for a lot of flack and harsh judgement.
  • CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yes I went to Rutland Water last Bank Holiday, lovely day I even wore shorts, big mistake, was slowing down every 5 minutes, for members of the public who had no idea what was going on around them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Haha I've never really had any of those times. Maybe once or twice. :p

Everyone is different though, old and young. Some people just don't see the appeal in being out all the time. For me, the club/pub scene has never held any appeal ever for example. It doesn't mean I am less fulfilled than the person next to me just because they like these things and I don't.

It's like some sort of crime to be happier staying in with a book than going out with gangs of people. I suppose it's some sort of tribal mentality. Loners and quiet people come in for a lot of flack and harsh judgement.

Exactly. I don't drink and babysitting drunken friends isn't my idea of fun!
  • hobbleithobbleit Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Definitely. I much prefer to go out when it's quiet.

People complain about having to work weekends but I don't mind it because it means I get my days off during the week and I can wander around town in peace without banging into people left, right and centre.
  • curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

me too
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member

me too :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Im off work this next week, and if i go out i get up early then go about the shops, then get home and chillout :p
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    much rather spend the night in the house chillin in front of the telly watching a film whilst browsing digitalspy on my phone at the same time as getting drunk and posting drunken messages on here
  • miaowmiaow Posts: 8,495
    Forum Member
    I do, as I just don't like being out and about when it's busy. I prefer to go out weekday mornings before 11ish because the difference in the amount of people out and about is staggering.

There is also a big difference in the "type" of people you get depending on the time of day.

Most people seem to live for going out and about during the weekends but I've never really enjoyed it and even when working I'd rather spend my free time at home instead of shopping or going on an outing.

As for bank holidays, I don't even consider going anywhere. Too much traffic, too many people...I find it hellish.

Yes - agree with all of this! Although where I live is ridiculously busy all the time, to the point where I'd now rather catch the train to the city centre than go to the local shops for anything. It's actually quieter there :(
    Forum Member
    Haha I've never really had any of those times. Maybe once or twice. :p

I didn't mean to be rude or anything. I'm a bit of a loner myself. I used to do a lot of boating and a fair bit of sailing when I was younger for example, but because of various reasons, e.g. where I live, the opportunities now to do so are much reduced, so I'm glad I did when I had the opportunity to do so.

Likewise with travelling and visiting various places.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    I am going out, to work though so that doesn't really count. Have a great day everyone.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Friday nights when I am told "you should be out" I prefer to be on or in bed by 8pm listening to Any Questions on Radio 4. :o
  • thats_racistthats_racist Posts: 1,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shopping during the school holidays is a pain in the backside, as is the dreaded Friday evening/Saturday afternoon supermarket shop which I try to avoid.
  • Hitchhiker553Hitchhiker553 Posts: 874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do my weekly shop Monday to Thursday between say 10am and 3pm so the kids are in school and plenty of people are in work.
    I go to the cinema Monday to Friday 12 til 2 when the kids are in school. During school holidays, I either avoid the cinema all together or see a movie when its been out for a week or so to avoid the rush (summer holidays).
    I go into town, maybe once a month Monday to Friday around 9 to 10am so I can have a look around while it's quiet which is great and jump on a bus home in peace at 12 til 2.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,265
    Forum Member

Yes. At the weekends my local pub is overrun with screaming kids and parents getting drunk - horrendous. In the weekdays however, it is possible to enjoy a nice quiet drink.

Completely agree. Yet a few people i know call me old for thinking this way (But they are the same age as me, so lord knows how that works)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am another one who doesn't like going out at anytime. I much prefer to stay in doors and relax. If I do go out it's because I have to (work or there is something else I need to do) or because I realise I have become a bit of a hermit and should probably get some fresh air (seeing family/ friends or venturing out with my husband).