Options

Israel start fresh attacks on Gaza

Comments

• Options
    GreatGodPanGreatGodPan Posts: 53,186
    Forum Member
    The Palestinian people are deprived of that right by Hamas and nobody else. If they don't overthrow Hamas then Israel will rightfully continue to subjugate them.

How ironic, considering it was the Israeli state itself who aided and abetted the coming to power of Hamas in Gaza because they wanted to undermine Fatah.

The fact remains whatever political organisation the Palestinians organise themselves under they will remain colonised and attacked by the Israelis because that is Israeli policy.

You concentrate on Gaza - why don't the Israelis negotiate the President of Palestine?

Your phrase "rightful subjugation" is chilling and redolent of 1930s dictatorships.
  • Options
    GeneralissimoGeneralissimo Posts: 6,289
    Forum Member
    How ironic, considering it was the Israeli state itself who aided and abetted the coming to power of Hamas in Gaza because they wanted to undermine Fatah.

The fact remains whatever political organisation the Palestinians organise themselves under they will remain colonised and attacked by the Israelis because that is Israeli policy.

You concentrate on Gaza - why don't the Israelis negotiate the President of Palestine?

Your phrase "rightful subjugation" is chilling and redolent of 1930s dictatorships.

The Palestinians don't organise themselves at all, they are controlled by a ruthless gang of terrorists intent on the destruction of Israel. Israeli policy is to defend Israelis, and they have every right to carry out such a policy.
  • Options
    psy7chpsy7ch Posts: 10,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But what, exactly, are you criticising? All Israel is guilty of is defending her citizens against terrorism, if you want to take away their right to do so then you are effectively denying her right to exist at all.

how is building settlements on occupied territories defending your citizens?

Do you want to talk about numbers killed by each side?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    psy7ch wrote: »

Is Gaza occupied? Does it have any settlements?

By all means, talk about numbers if you want to.
  • Options
    BrawladBrawlad Posts: 5,711
    Forum Member

I take it he sees the Palestinians as sub human in much the same way that the jews were seen in the past. It seems people never learn.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Brawlad wrote: »
    I take it he sees the Palestinians as sub human in much the same way that the jews were seen in the past. It seems people never learn.

Say whatever you like but I mean exactly what I say.

The Israelis have every right to subjugate a population controlled by people who want to destroy them. The Palestinian people will free themselves the moment they throw off the shackles of Hamas and their Islamist barbarism.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The Palestinians don't organise themselves at all, they are controlled by a ruthless gang of terrorists intent on the destruction of Israel. Israeli policy is to defend Israelis, and they have every right to carry out such a policy.

Exactly which terrorists are you speaking of here? Fatah/PLO - or just Hamas in Gaza or both?

I note you didn't address the points I raised, by the way.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Brawlad wrote: »

Quite - it is a tragedy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Exactly which terrorists are you speaking of here? Fatah/PLO - or just Hamas in Gaza or both?

I note you didn't address the points I raised, by the way.

The thread is about Gaza so I'm talking about Gaza, which is governed by terrorists who want to wipe Israel off the map.

Which points would you like me to address?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Say whatever you like but I mean exactly what I say.

The Israelis have every right to subjugate a population controlled by people who want to destroy them. The Palestinian people will free themselves the moment they throw off the shackles of Hamas and their Islamist barbarism.

Relatively speaking Hamas are newcomers on the scene.

Presumably then you will support meaningful negotiations between Palestine and Israel if the Gazans re-elect Fatah instead of Hamas?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Relatively speaking Hamas are newcomers on the scene.

Presumably then you will support meaningful negotiations between Palestine and Israel if the Gazans re-elect Fatah instead of Hamas?

Sure, but the Muslims have wanted to wipe out Israel since the beginning, Hamas are just continuing that tradition.

BIB - Do you really think Hamas will ever allow another election?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    [1]The thread is about Gaza so I'm talking about Gaza, which is governed by terrorists who want to wipe Israel off the map.

[2]Which points would you like me to address?

1. You keep speaking of Palestine. Palestine is not just Gaza.

2. The fact that Hamas came to power in Gaza with the connivance of Israel, and your stance on Fatah/PLO.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sure, but the Muslims have wanted to wipe out Israel since the beginning, Hamas are just continuing that tradition.

BIB - Do you really think Hamas will ever allow another election?

Ah, so your objection has nothing to do with Hamas and Islamism, but just plain old Islamophobia.

I get it.

Whether Hamas allow another election or not is irrelevant in your eyes really, as it is a nation of muslims and that is your real beef.
  • Options
    BlairdennonBlairdennon Posts: 14,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    psy7ch wrote: »

I thought Israel pulled out of Gaza and dismantled the settlements in Gaza as part of a peace move. The settlements and businesses that the Palestinians then trashed.
    Is it numbers killed by each side that is important because some sources indicate that with internecine war and rivalry in Palestine in general and with the summary executions of 'collaborators and spies' then the Palestinians beat Israel for killing Palestinians. Lots of Palestinians living in Israel, not many, if any, Jews living in Gaza and in fact many Jews left the Muslim lands through fear and intimidation.
    When the Israelis left Gaza the Palestinians burnt the Synagogues. Which kind of indicates that Israel and Jews are seen as one by Palestinians.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I thought Israel pulled out of Gaza and dismantled the settlements in Gaza as part of a peace move. The settlements and businesses that the Palestinians then trashed.
    Is it numbers killed by each side that is important because some sources indicate that with internecine war and rivalry in Palestine in general and with the summary executions of 'collaborators and spies' then the Palestinians beat Israel for killing Palestinians. Lots of Palestinians living in Israel, not many, if any, Jews living in Gaza and in fact many Jews left the Muslim lands through fear and intimidation.
    When the Israelis left Gaza the Palestinians burnt the Synagogues. Which kind of indicates that Israel and Jews are seen as one by Palestinians.

Treated as second class citizens by Israeli society, of course.
  • Options
    FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah, so your objection has nothing to do with Hamas and Islamism, but just plain old Islamophobia.

I get it.

Whether Hamas allow another election or not is irrelevant in your eyes really, as it is a nation of muslims and that is your real beef.

Not the snarl word 'Islamophobia' again. Why invent and use this nonsense word when valid criticisms of Islam are brought up? What was in that Hamas charter again?
  • Options
    The 12th DoctorThe 12th Doctor Posts: 4,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let's not forget that the "Palestinians" have rejected statehood repeatedly since 1947.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I get it.

Should I have said the Arabs instead? They have never accepted Israel's right to exist, it's just a fact.
  • Options
    The 12th DoctorThe 12th Doctor Posts: 4,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

A lie.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Exactly the same as the treatment of Jews in almost all Muslim lands and it was the anti Jewish riots that helped spark the mass exodus in the 40s and onwards. Please note again these were anti Jewish riots not anti Israel riots. There are Arabs who say they would rather be a second class citizen in Israel that a first class citizen in an Arab countries and of course you ignored all the rest.
  • Options
    niceguy1966niceguy1966 Posts: 29,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Israel ever ceased to be a 'military superstate' as you put it, then both it and the jewish people would be immediately wiped out by the forces of Islam.

The Jewish people would not be wiped out as vast numbers of them live outside Israel. This deliberate confusion of the terms Israeli and Jew helps no one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The Jewish people would not be wiped out as vast numbers of them live outside Israel. This deliberate confusion of the terms Israeli and Jew helps no one.

Oh so only the Israeli Jews will be wiped out, that's ok then.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh so only the Israeli Jews will be wiped out, that's ok then.

It's not ok,but it is more accurate.

Nothing is gained hyping up a situation that is already incredibly sensitive.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Of course it does not but in most Arab lands and most Muslim lands that is exactly what happens. That is why there are virtually no Jews in Gaza and why the synagogues were destroyed by the Palestinians. These were taken to be symbols of Israel and no different from being symbolic of Jews.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course it does not but in most Arab lands and most Muslim lands that is exactly what happens. That is why there are virtually no Jews in Gaza and why the synagogues were destroyed by the Palestinians. These were taken to be symbols of Israel and no different from being symbolic of Jews.

What has that to do with the inaccurate statement that was made.