What shows do you watch when Doctor Who isn't on?

Sufyaan_KaziSufyaan_Kazi Posts: 3,862
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm finding it quite dull generally waiting for the next season ... But I've been watching The Flash, is been a good time travel related distraction. Never read any of the comics, hadn't realised it had a time travel angle at all :)

Comments

• saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Walking Dead from Feb-April
    Game of Thrones from April-June
    Daredevil on demand
    True Detective on demand
    Probably try and catch up with The Flash from June-August
    If anything there's too much good stuff these days. Doesn't make the wait for DW any easier though.
  • TheophileTheophile Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Simpsons. Game of Thrones. Big Bang Theory. It is all fun. :):):)
  • LightMeUpLightMeUp Posts: 1,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I tend to just have an ever growing list of stuff I need to get round to watching but usually opting for re-re-re-re-watching Doctor Who because for some reason starting a series feels like too much of a commitment! I mean seriously I've not even seen Breaking Bad yet.

Last thing I did watch was Once Upon a Time and I loved that.
  • Dalekbuster523Dalekbuster523 Posts: 4,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agents Of SHIELD
    Gotham
    Saturday Night Takeaway
    Britain's Got Talent
    Coronation Street

Could name others if I wanted but those are the main ones.
  • MaurimanMauriman Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gotham
    12 monkeys
    continuum
    orphan black
    breaking bad
    walking dead
    humans is one I'm looking forward too...
  • bennythedipbennythedip Posts: 2,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am a dvd boxset junkie. Obviously doctor who. On a rewatch and up to the sensorites. Also on season 3 of star trek and got all of deep space nine and voyager to watch, and on the 20 disc laurel and hardy set up to disc 4. On actual tv i only really watch live football and cricket. Sky sports news is my default channel. Occasionally watch emmerdale and corrie. Thats it i think.
  • AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    I watch Game of Thrones now, though this is the first year I've been at the TV pace...I binged Seasons 1-4 last summer in less than a week!

I watched Top Gear... until Fracas-gate at least.

If there's a decent travelogue documentary on I'll watch that... wildlife documentaries too, especially if they were BBC produced.

I've told a friend I'm going to check out Once Upon A Time, though I've not gotten around to it yet!

And I'll rewatch the odd older show here and there. I'll have some spare time to watch old Doctor Who's on DVD, or maybe Buffy or The X Files.

I then play games as well, so there's some time dedicated to PS3'ing.

Beyond that I like to actually go outside, rather than deliberately find more things to watch on TV :D
  • Daniel DareDaniel Dare Posts: 3,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On TV
    If there's a good themed week on BBC Four that interests me, I'll follow that.
    BBC wildlife documentaries.
    Quirky or off the wall comedies such House of Fools, Inside No.9, Episodes.
    Good dramas such as Gotham, Wolf Hall, Poldark, Happy Valley, Call the Midwife, Marvellous, The Missing.
    Recordings from some of the Horror Channel's output such as the repeats of anthology series Tales From The Darkside, The Twilight Zone, Hammer House of Horror.
    Dipping into Big Brother if I'm feeling particularly couch-potato-like.
    The Avengers on True Entertainment.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DareDevil
    Lillyhammer
    YouTube :kitty:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Simpsons
    Family Guy
    Pointless
    Britain's Got Talent
    Judge Judy/Judge Rinder
    Hannibal
    South Park
    The Walking Dead
    Sherlock
    Broadchurch
    Grimm
  • KoquillionKoquillion Posts: 1,905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bring back 'The Almighty Johnsons'!!!>:(
  • Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    For pure escapism, I like A Town Called Eureka, The Avengers and repeats of Doctor Who on Horror Channel (although that ends this week!!!).
    I like Supernatural too.
    Otherwise I watch intellectual programmes like Vicar of Dibley and Mrs Brown's Boys! :):)
  • Lady of TrakenLady of Traken Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The classic Doctor Who episodes ( obviously ;-) )
    Britain's Got Talent- love a bit of variety
    Eastenders
    Mrs Browns Boys.
    Broadchurch
    Homeland
    Poldark
    Downton Abbey

I tried watching on DVD Madmen ( 3 series), Game of Thrones ( first season) Breaking bad ( 3 episodes- wasn't my thing ) . Mad Men will probably be the only one I go back and catch up to the last series.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    on DVD
    I have the complete 1963-'89 range, so any random pickings from there that takes my fancy or when I've been subconsciously influenced by something outside during my day, for example, a visit to a castle or a walk near some rocky terrain, I'm in a mood to watch The Time Warrior or The Sontaran Experiment.
  • Voyager_iiiVoyager_iii Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    I don't have a television, nor any boxed sets, but on my laptop I watch:

Arrow
    Once Upon a Time
    The 100
    Bones
    Continuum
    Game of Thrones
    All the Star Treks from James T Kirk to Enterprise
    All the Stargate ones - I especially liked Stargate Universe and was disappointed when it was cancelled. I must have watched those two seasons about 20 times
    Orange is the New Black - starting again any minute now
    Almost at then end of Misfits
    On catch up I'm currently watching Britain's Got Talent
    Oops - I forgot The Big Bang Theory
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The classic Doctor Who episodes ( obviously ;-) )
    Britain's Got Talent- love a bit of variety
    Eastenders
    Mrs Browns Boys
    Broadchurch
    Homeland
    Poldark
    Downton Abbey

I tried watching on DVD Madmen ( 3 series), Game of Thrones ( first season) Breaking bad ( 3 episodes- wasn't my thing ) . Mad Men will probably be the only one I go back and catch up to the last series.

I would add MBB to my list too.
  • be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hannibal
    Bates Motel
    The Walking Dead
    Orphan Black
    Danger 5
    South Park
    Toast of London
    Utopia
  • Sufyaan_KaziSufyaan_Kazi Posts: 3,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now that the Flash had finished, I'll catch up on Blacklist :)
  • VopiscusVopiscus Posts: 1,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like Voyager iii, I don't have a television, but I do watch a variety of programmes on DVD. These include (during the current gap between series of Doctor Who):

Arthur of the Britons
    Children of the Stones
    Chocky
    Gigantor (does anyone else remember Gigantor?)
    Ijon Tichy: Raumpilot
    Jupiter Moon
    Kaamelot
    The Mind of Mr. J.G. Reeder
    Raumpatrouille Orion
    Sir Francis Drake
    Sky
    The Strange World of Gurney Slade
    Tightrope
    William Tell.

I also watch a fair amount of early cinema: last Saturday, for example, I rewatched Dreyer's The Passion of Joan of Arc (1928), possibly the most harrowing film ever made.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great selection there, Vopiscus.
    I've watched bits of The Strange World of Gurney Slade and it looks rather interesting, I'll probably invest in it someday.
  • VopiscusVopiscus Posts: 1,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great selection there, Vopiscus.
    I've watched bits of The Strange World of Gurney Slade and it looks rather interesting, I'll probably invest in it someday.

It's something that does need to be watched from start to finish to be properly appreciated. You've just missed a special offer from Network, offering substantial reductions on "eccentric" material, but even at full price this is worth having on DVD. One of the recurring characters is played by Anneke Wills, being even more lovely than she is in Doctor Who. Sometimes, when I think I'm alone, I play the introductory theme on air-piano. So far, I haven't been arrested...
  • Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vopiscus wrote: »
    It's something that does need to be watched from start to finish to be properly appreciated. You've just missed a special offer from Network, offering substantial reductions on "eccentric" material, but even at full price this is worth having on DVD. One of the recurring characters is played by Anneke Wills, being even more lovely than she is in Doctor Who. Sometimes, when I think I'm alone, I play the introductory theme on air-piano. So far, I haven't been arrested...

Seconded. Go for it, Daniel. I personally think it's an absolute masterpiece. Meta sitcom meets The Prisoner.....in 1960!

And Vopiscus...you're right. It needs to be watched in order to be fully appreciated. No spoilers, but...that ending! I was completely knocked out when I got the DVD. I love it to pieces. And the music is indeed well :cool:....daddio.

ETA How lovely to 'hear' from a fellow Gurney-ite. Usually get blank stares when I mention it. :)
  • grazey1985grazey1985 Posts: 1,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hannibal
    Game of thrones
    The game (hopefully getting a 2nd series)
    Better call Saul
    Walking dead (even though I'm starting to get fed up of it)
    Wayward pines
    Flash
    Arrow
    Big Bang theory
    Dawn till dusk
    W1a
    Penny dreadful
    The affair
    Wwe nxt and also total divas

Used to watch but Gave up on for various different reasons

Homeland (last episode was pointless and annoyed me)
    Gotham (had too much on but will catch up when it goes on Netflix)
    American horror story ( kind of lost its way after season 2. Might go back just to see if it's any better)
    Outlander (only seen the first 2 episodes and not impressed yet but still wanting to carry on just haven't had time)
    Agents of shield (missed a week due to holiday but will catch up when it goes on Amazon prime like season 1)

Hoping to watch soon
    Daredevil (after outlander I think)
    Prison break
    Grimm
    Heroes (I've already seen it but hopefully again before the show comes back)

Dvd/blu Ray wise

Currently watching on blu: world at war (it's a ww2 documentary series)
    Currently watching on dvd : bleach (it's an anime TV series)
    Gave up on blu Ray: batman 1960s blu Ray as no time (will go back after world at war)
    Next dvd: Sherlock hound (anime)
    Next blu: probably heroes