Options

Software update FAQ

Comments

• Options
    Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    Zaichik wrote: »
    My 2Tb box still hasn't received the update to the planner. Should it have done?

Nor mine. I wouldn't worry.
  • Options
    NsewellNsewell Posts: 824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zaichik wrote: »
    My 2Tb box still hasn't received the update to the planner. Should it have done?

No, there's still a lot of boxes to switch.
    You can force update your box if you want it now though.
  • Options
    ZaichikZaichik Posts: 463
    Forum Member
    Thanks. I forced the update a couple of weeks ago but nothing changed. I've done it again this morning and it's worked. Finally, you can see what dormant series links you have. :)

Now, if only they could find a way to allow you to set priorities for when there is a clash...
  • Options
    paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    have we lost the graphical clash management thing now (so you can see when overlapping programmes start and end)? That's annoying

I mean like the bottom screen shot in this
    http://www.plusworld.co.uk/media/recordingclash1.jpg

edit:yup.
    The "Show all other conflicting recordings" option when attempting to schedule more than 2 programs to record at the same time has been replaced with a link to the scheduled tab in your Sky+ planner, activated via the green "Manage Planner Recordings" button.

Rubbish!
  • Options
    Dave-HDave-H Posts: 9,940
    Forum Member
    Rubbish indeed!
    The clash management notification if you try and set up clashed recordings is the same as it always was.
    :)
  • Options
    NsewellNsewell Posts: 824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    paulbrock wrote: »
    have we lost the graphical clash management thing now (so you can see when overlapping programmes start and end)? That's annoying

I mean like the bottom screen shot in this
    http://www.plusworld.co.uk/media/recordingclash1.jpg

edit:yup.

Rubbish!
    Yes, this has been removed in the R011 update.
  • Options
    paul_hadleypaul_hadley Posts: 10,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This bug still exists:

If you do a manual record of a radio channel then play it back and decide to fast-forward it the timer doesn't seem to work properly so it reverts back to the start of the recording and you have to fast-forward from there.

Very annoying if you're 20 minutes into something, go to fast-forward a commercial break but end up back at 0 minutes.

If you press the > button whilst "watching" a radio recording you will see that the timer doesn't move/update properly and seems to get stuck.

Not sure if it happens on all manual recordings or just radio ones.
  • Options
    omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A minor change i've noticed: pressing 'text' no longer brings up the "Press TV followed by TEXT for teletext" message.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It doesn't show a message now if you press the text button while playing a recording either.
    That was removed in R10, and I suspect the other message was probably actually removed then too.
  • Options
    DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dave-H wrote: »
    It doesn't show a message now if you press the text button while playing a recording either.
    That was removed in R10, and I suspect the other message was probably actually removed then too.

So does it actually have a function that button now? I guess if you do put it in tv mode it will bring up something but get nowhere particularly, but in sky mode?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lotrjw wrote: »
    So does it actually have a function that button now? I guess if you do put it in tv mode it will bring up something but get nowhere particularly, but in sky mode?
    It still brings up the teletext on some BBC channels when viewing live.
    I think they're the only channels that carry any sort of text service now.
  • Options
    drabbledrabble Posts: 757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mbsnr wrote: »
    I, on the other hand much prefer it.... Makes more sense not to have to scroll through the entire list to see what is scheduled to be recorded - it's there in one clear tab. But as you say, having the option to set the sort order of the recordings would make everyone happy (ish).

Well after living with it for a week I can say I still don't like it, the sort order aside I think the biggest issue for me is the removal of the viewed tab which makes planner cleanup and deleting a pain especially if you don't delete straight away after watching something.
  • Options
    tvsatweektvsatweek Posts: 863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would like to be able to change the next episode and next series that are set to record to be able to change them to reminders but you can't . I hope in the next update they allow you to change the recordings to reminders in the next episode next series
  • Options
    rjb101rjb101 Posts: 2,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know where the green favorite shortcut button has gone. I used to be able to press TV guide then the green button twice and I'd be there. But now I'm not :(
  • Options
    davemurgatroyddavemurgatroyd Posts: 13,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rjb101 wrote: »
    Does anyone know where the green favorite shortcut button has gone. I used to be able to press TV guide then the green button twice and I'd be there. But now I'm not :(

Press TV guide and then "left" arrow.
  • Options
    rjb101rjb101 Posts: 2,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Press TV guide and then "left" arrow.

thank you :)
  • Options
    Ess_BeeEss_Bee Posts: 7,716
    Forum Member
    i am getting used to this new layout but does anyone know how to get rid of the 'New Series' facility in the 'Scheduled' tab of the Planner? I don't always want a new series. And there is not even an option to delete them en bloc, they have to be deleted separately!
  • Options
    BatchBatch Posts: 3,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still don't like the separating out of scheduled and recorded.

Its not fricken difficult to gave another tab for both in one place is it, that way everyone is happy.
  • Options
    JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    New update

R011.075.60.00P

The Sports tile has become "Kids", this contains 3 tabs:
    TV & Movies: This contains all Kids TVShows and Movies which are currently available through OnDemand.
    OnNow: This contains the 7 day TVGuide for Kids channels.
    Planner: This lists all Kids programs currently in your Sky+ planner.
    The reference to games has been removed from the Interactive section’s synopsis text.

Bug fixes

This update contains small bug fixes and stability improvements over the previous public firmware version R011.075.52.00P
    Fix for an issue within the OnDemand menu's which caused the original broadcast time shown on a programs tile to be 1 hour different to the time shown in the synopsis area.
    Firmware rollout commenced: Thursday 21st May 2015.

(Not on the stream yet)
  • Options
    GBCULLENGBCULLEN Posts: 1,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    is that update just for the later boxes ie if I have a PACE I dont have to be a....d
  • Options
    JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    GBCULLEN wrote: »
    is that update just for the later boxes ie if I have a PACE I dont have to be a....d

890/895's only ;)
  • Options
    GBCULLENGBCULLEN Posts: 1,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you
  • Options
    tvsatweektvsatweek Posts: 863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They should have a tick box in your account so that you can choose what you want in that section like you can choose if you want sport or kids or movies etc I would like to have US DRAMAS
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Firmware version R011.075.62.00P is on the DR stream, for drx890/895.
    Apparently fixes bugs to R011.075.60.00P that only affects boxes not connected to the internet

But as many are still on R011.075.52.00P, it will add what was pushed out for the last R011.075.62.00P release;
    - The Sports tile has become "Kids", this contains 3 tabs:
    - TV & Movies: This contains all Kids TVShows and Movies which are currently available through OnDemand.
    - OnNow: This contains the 7 day TVGuide for Kids channels.
    - Planner: This lists all Kids programs currently in your Sky+ planner.
    - The reference to games has been removed from the Interactive section’s synopsis text.
    This update contains small bug fixes and stability improvements over the previous public firmware version R011.075.52.00P
    Fix for an issue within the OnDemand menu's which caused the original broadcast time shown on a programs tile to be 1 hour different to the time shown in the synopsis area.
  • Options
    Dilly DaydreamDilly Daydream Posts: 6,176
    Forum Member
    Not sure if this is the right place to sound off, but I am heartily sick to the back teeth that Sky in their wisdom have done away with the 3D channel.

You can now only get 3D movies from the Sky Movies list; we used to love the wildlife programmes broadcast in 3D, will now have to live without them :(

Not a happy bunny >:(