How did they know Princess Diana had dandruff?

2»

Comments

• hobbeshobbes Posts: 6,149
    Forum Member
    bye bye wrote: »
    My goodness did some people sense of humor die with Diana? Her funeral was a complete pantomime not much unlike her life, but now shes dead no one is allowed to make a joke about her?

But out of all the replies to this thread only one has voiced concerns on taste grounds.

I think the OP was hoping for a slightly stronger reaction but no one has risen to the bait.

Diana jokes are just so outdated.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was talking in general, a lot of people still seem to think anything bad/joking said about Diana these days are in very bad taste.
  • Gladys07Gladys07 Posts: 505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There was a joke doing the rounds in 1979 when a bomb killed lord mountbatten on his boat.

What's white and flies across the Irish sea?

Lord mountbattens plimsols.
  • ScottnoodleScottnoodle Posts: 1,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lmfao.
  • TrinitrotolueneTrinitrotoluene Posts: 1,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scott ffs you forgot to board the window and now the morality police are here :D
  • hobbeshobbes Posts: 6,149
    Forum Member
    Where are the morality police. Are they with the PC brigade?
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The one that made me laugh was not a joke but a song that Take That perforemd at the Diana Concert , it did make me wonder whether it was the best choice of songs for a dead persons memorial , it was Shine and the first lines of Shine are

You, you're such a big star to me
    You're everything I wanna be
    But you're stuck in a hole and
    I want you to get out
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gladys07 wrote: »
    There was a joke doing the rounds in 1979 when a bomb killed lord mountbatten on his boat.

What's white and flies across the Irish sea?

Lord mountbattens plimsols.

The 'Head & Shoulders' joke was around back then too.

And another Di joke.....
    "I'm really tired" says Diana
    "Don't worry" says Dodi, "won't be long 'til our heads hit the pillar"
  • laura_saulafanlaura_saulafan Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do any of you joke about your dead relatives?
  • ScottnoodleScottnoodle Posts: 1,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The 'Head & Shoulders' joke was around back then too.

And another Di joke.....
    "I'm really tired" says Diana
    "Don't worry" says Dodi, "won't be long 'til our heads hit the pillar"

:D Lmao.
  • TreeThrower100TreeThrower100 Posts: 2,817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh no the PC brigade neeeenawwwwneeenaawww i can hear the sirens already lol
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been hiding behind the sofa since I heard the sirens far off. :o:o
  • TreeThrower100TreeThrower100 Posts: 2,817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think i can see Laura in the distance with her uniform on lol
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Watch it, she has a very large platoon behind her. And I think that's a Rocket Launcher in her hand. :o
  • SnozzwanglerSnozzwangler Posts: 82,750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tanya Hyde wrote: »
    These Head & Shoulder gags emanate from the time of the Challenger Space Shuttle disaster (~1980s), or even earlier - no doubt some bore will correct me - substitute Kirsty (?) (young female teacher on board Shuttle) for Princess Di.

Another one: What was the last thing that went though Kirsty's mind - Sheet Metal <Guffaw!>

What was the last thing that Kirsty said - Don't touch that Bu....! <Chortle!> :o:D

There's a million of them - just like the bits of Kirsty on the beach !:eek: :o:D

etc, etc, etc

I think the first time I heard the Head & Shoulders joke was with Lord Mountbatten :eek: :o:p

EDIT: Just seen post 29 :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lmao.

I'm not a member of the PC brigade at all.

I'm ridiculously Un-PC infact, and I do not like them.

I just happen to like Diana :)
  • timboytimboy Posts: 30,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just happen to like Diana :)

Why did you like her? Did you know her? What did she do for you?

As far as I am concerned she was a media ****, never happier than being in the spotlight.

Amazing the number of times she went to visit people with AIDS in the middle of the night and the story 'leaked' out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    timboy wrote: »
    Why did you like her? Did you know her? What did she do for you?

As far as I am concerned she was a media ****, never happier than being in the spotlight.

Amazing the number of times she went to visit people with AIDS in the middle of the night and the story 'leaked' out.

I liked her because she wasn't like the rest of the royal family. She was just like one of us. She was at times manipulative and dramatic, but what woman isn't? Diana had problems like everyone else.

No, I didn't know her. But i'm sure you like celebrities whom you don't know.

This is getting daft, of course she didn't do anything for me. AGAIN, just to like someone doesn't mean they have to do anything for you.

People who she met, AIDS victims etc she did a lot for them. Made a lot of people happy.

You could say that about any celebrity, that they are media ****. Of course they are! They enjoy the attention. Nothing wrong with that IMO, i'm sure if I was famous i'd be the same.

So what if it leaked out? She was making people happy and doing good, what does it matter? Angelina Jolie isn't going round 3rd world countries out of the pure goodness of her heart either.

I don't understand the absolute hatred of Diana on this board :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nope, I've completely lost it.