Are you enjoying the third series of Homeland?

Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm not, I'm finding it boring and I don't care about any of the story lines tbh.

I'm not sure if it's because there has been no Brody or what, but the quality of the show.

I'm not sure if I'm in a minority or not, but your welcome to disagree with me.

I only say because the first two series' were must see for me, and now, I'm pretty meh about it.

Is it still good? 44 votes

Yes
29% 13 votes
No
47% 21 votes
It's ok, it always has been.
22% 10 votes

Comments

• SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,903
    Forum Member
    I'm not not enjoying it, but I'm not particularly interested in a lot of what's gone on in the first couple of episodes. The show really needs Brody back, as I am getting really bored of Carrie going nuts all the time and I'm missing Estes too. But I am actually liking the Dana storyline so far, I think she's one of the better teen actresses on American tv and I'm interested to see where her current plot ends up going. Just hope it's not pointless like her plot last season with the hit-and-run.
  • Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    I've only seen a few minutes of "Tin Man is Down", and no, I didn't enjoy it. I started
    watching "Homeland" because I thought it would be a serious drama about US Intelligence, instead of (post-S1) a silly airport-novel-for-TV with implausible twists and the heroine
    pining after an unattainable man. :(
  • WeeJintyMcGintyWeeJintyMcGinty Posts: 3,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. It's been woeful so far, the quality of production etc is still there but it's morphed into little more than a cheesy soap. Carrie has become one of the most annoying and cringeworthy characters in tv history - Danes overacting/gurning is seriously toecurling. I feel embarrassed for her. :o And as for the Dana storylines - jeez were they cribbed from Teen Romance mag ? Dreadful stuff.

My main hope is they kill off Carrie and Dana and return it to being a proper drama rather than a shitty soap.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nope, definitely not enjoying it.

The first 2 episode might as well not have happened for all that didn't happen in them.

I really don't care about Dana or who her latest boyfriend (shag) is.

And the mental health angle is being handled really badly.
    Forum Member
    Also, isn't somewhat sexist to have the heroine acting on vague hunches instead
    of trying to work things out rationally? I can't see, (say)
    George Smiley acting like that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    Also, isn't somewhat sexist to have the heroine acting on vague hunches instead
    of trying to work things out rationally? I can't see, (say)
    George Smiley acting like that.

Was George Smiley bipolar?
  • Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad it not just me

Hope it improves soon
  • solaresolare Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes - love it (as I loved S1 and S2)
  • radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope, definitely not enjoying it.

The first 2 episode might as well not have happened for all that didn't happen in them.

I really don't care about Dana or who her latest boyfriend (shag) is.

And the mental health angle is being handled really badly.

I'm just hoping that's it for the 'Dana story' now.....but I've a horrible feeling it's not:mad:
  • FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Season 1 was good until the anticlimax of an ending, season 2 was pretty poor and the third is shaping up to be terrible. I live in hope it gets better.
    Forum Member
    Also, the producers of Homeland don't seem to have done their research with regard to
    Middle Eastern Culture. For instance, "Abu Nazir" means something like "Father of Nasir"
    in English. Yet Arabic speaker Carrie continually refers to him as "Nasir" - which
    doesn't make sense. Since "Homeland" is supposed to be a serious drama a la "The Wire", "Breaking Bad" or "Mad Men", such errors really hurt suspension of
    disbelief.

There are millions of Arabic speakers in the world; it would hardly
    bankrupt the show to hire one as a consultant.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    s1 was great

s2 was boring

yet to start s3
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    No, it's lacking something.

I'm beginning to think it should've been a one season only series.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,201
    Forum Member
    In a word? No.
  • starsailorstarsailor Posts: 11,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No.. it's not grabbed me... seems like 'characters in search of a plot line'.

The previous seasons had a clear dive. S1 was 'is he/isn't he a terrorist', and S2 being Brody torn in two between the CIA and Nasir.

Now, there is no direction, for the moment, and 'chasing the moneymen' plot is just dull... It needs some clear target and spooky stuff.

Mumbling Dana, and mad bad Carrie are not really doing it for me. Not to mention 'personality transplant' Saul, who seems to have gone from the solid core of reason to full on raving neo-con.