Hate feeling lonely but I am lately.

M1010DM1010D Posts: 413
Forum Member
I think I'm a nice guy but lately it seems as if nobody cares and some people are trying to ignore me. I try and stay positive but It's such a crappy feeling I've been having lately. Anyone else feel this way one week and then it passes? I hope it will. :)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i know the feeling, and i know it can be hard at times but finding a new hobby or just meeting new folk can make things better. If you're able to distract yourself wit something you might soon forget about feeling so lonely
  • M1010DM1010D Posts: 413
    Forum Member
    fredcat wrote: »
    i know the feeling, and i know it can be hard at times but finding a new hobby or just meeting new folk can make things better. If you're able to distract yourself wit something you might soon forget about feeling so lonely

Sorry to hear that fredcat, yeah you maybe right to be honest. Not so easy to get yourself out there, but has to be done sometimes, thanks.
  • Rachael.Rachael. Posts: 2,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know how you feel apart from my 2 year old, mum and step dad I never really see anyone. I see friends occassionaly but I feel really lonely. I'd love to get out find a hobby, meet new people but its not easy with a toddler and I'm a bit self conscious. Plus there isn't much I can think I would like as a hobby lol. Sorry I don't have any advice but I know how it feels to be lonely :(
  • Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    Rachael. wrote: »
    I know how you feel apart from my 2 year old, mum and step dad I never really see anyone. I see friends occassionaly but I feel really lonely. I'd love to get out find a hobby, meet new people but its not easy with a toddler and I'm a bit self conscious. Plus there isn't much I can think I would like as a hobby lol. Sorry I don't have any advice but I know how it feels to be lonely :(

Do you go to any parent and toddler groups? There's baby gym classes and swimming clubs too, check out the local leisure centre or library.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you go to any parent and toddler groups? There's baby gym classes and swimming clubs too, check out the local leisure centre or library.

I've tried a couple of parent and toddler groups but I just find them really cliquey and the last one the kids were a bit wild and hitting my daughter and the mothers didn't seem to intervene. The library has a group I was there last week but its only on once a month. Its a musical thing so you don't really get the chance to interact. The saddest thing is one of closest friends has a daughter a few weeks older than mine and we still rarely see each other. Its quite sad when you realise you're drifting away from people.
    Forum Member
    Maybe give her a ring, invite her and her daughter round for lunch or arrange a day out somewhere with the kids. Friendships don't have to drift away.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe give her a ring, invite her and her daughter round for lunch or arrange a day out somewhere with the kids. Friendships don't have to drift away.

Yeah I know I really should. All it takes is a bit of effort. It sounds bad but I'm not long out a rather rubbish relationship so I'm a bit jealous of her as she has a really good relationship which I wish I had. I don't hold it against her at all but I sometimes just find it a bit difficult :( Anyway don't want to hijack the OP's thread with my self pity lol!
    Forum Member
    Yeah I know I really should. All it takes is a bit of effort. It sounds bad but I'm not long out a rather rubbish relationship so I'm a bit jealous of her as she has a really good relationship which I wish I had. I don't hold it against her at all but I sometimes just find it a bit difficult :( Anyway don't want to hijack the OP's thread with my self pity lol!

It's not a thread hijack at all. You're lonely too. Give your mate a ring and rekindle your friendship. You don't have to see her and her partner all loved up, just see her and her daughter. Your toddler would enjoy making a new friend too. Try a different toddler group too, there's bound to be a less cliquey one. Oh, and have a look at Gingerbread.

http://www.gingerbread.org.uk/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not a thread hijack at all. You're lonely too. Give your mate a ring and rekindle your friendship. You don't have to see her and her partner all loved up, just see her and her daughter. Your toddler would enjoy making a new friend too. Try a different toddler group too, there's bound to be a less cliquey one. Oh, and have a look at Gingerbread.

http://www.gingerbread.org.uk/[ QUOTE] Yeah you're right time to make an effort :) Thanks for the link, just had a look there's no groups in Scotland but I'm going to have a trawl through their information sections :)
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    M1010D wrote: »
    I think I'm a nice guy but lately it seems as if nobody cares and some people are trying to ignore me. I try and stay positive but It's such a crappy feeling I've been having lately. Anyone else feel this way one week and then it passes? I hope it will. :)

I know that feeling too! Nice to know it's not only me ;-)

Keeping positive and thinking about the good times are a big help plus the nice weather helps too. I try to take each day as it comes and try to do something positive every day :cool:
    Forum Member
    80sfan wrote: »
    I know that feeling too! Nice to know it's not only me ;-)

Keeping positive and thinking about the good times are a big help plus the nice weather helps too. I try to take each day as it comes and try to do something positive every day :cool:
    That's a good philosophy to have. Doing something worthwhile on a daily basis, no matter how small, is an excellent idea.
    Forum Member
    Yeah you're right time to make an effort :) Thanks for the link, just had a look there's no groups in Scotland but I'm going to have a trawl through their information sections :)

Scottish groups for you.

http://www.opfs.org.uk/

http://www.parentingacrossscotland.org/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thank you :) There's nothing for my area :o No bloody wonder I'm so lonely lol I've bookmarked them both though along with gingerbread as I want to look through the information sections.
  • Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,908
    Forum Member
    Exercise. Be sociable.

One helps the other. If you exercise you will feel more bouncy and energetic.
    Forum Member
    Welsh-lad wrote: »
    Exercise. Be sociable.

One helps the other. If you exercise you will feel more bouncy and energetic.
    Joining an exercise class or running club kills two birds with one stone. My running club has regular pub lunches and nights out, it's very sociable. Going out for a pie and a pint kind of ruins the benefits of a 5k run, but hey, who cares? :D