Options

SMS pop up: alternatives?

ihatemarmiteihatemarmite Posts: 5,605
Forum Member
I've had SMS pop up for ages and it's worked well until recently. Seems impossible to delete old text notifications and nowadays when I get a new text, it keeps showing old text notifications and have to keep closing them to get at my new message.
I'm thinking of uninstalling it and just relying on the native text notification.
However when it worked properly it was useful, so wondered if there are any other similar apps around? Android phone running kitkat 4.4.4 (nexus 4).
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but the problem persisted.

Comments

• Options
    Peter_CarlosPeter_Carlos Posts: 87
    Forum Member
    I've had SMS pop up for ages and it's worked well until recently. Seems impossible to delete old text notifications and nowadays when I get a new text, it keeps showing old text notifications and have to keep closing them to get at my new message.
    I'm thinking of uninstalling it and just relying on the native text notification.
    However when it worked properly it was useful, so wondered if there are any other similar apps around? Android phone running kitkat 4.4.4 (nexus 4).
    I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but the problem persisted.

Well, I would say it would be better to remove the application completely sometimes some application doesn't supports I would say why don't you try using the stock messaging app notification system it bit refreshed that your old one .... :D
  • Options
    gavo360gavo360 Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's because of kit kat and having to select a default text message app. I used to use a 3rd party text pop up (Glowfly) but after kit kat it went the same way as you have described.
  • Options
    jsdickinsonjsdickinson Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    I get a pop up and screen wake from hello sms, it's probably my fav sms app so far
  • Options
    ihatemarmiteihatemarmite Posts: 5,605
    Forum Member
    Thanks guys. Interesting about kitkat. I'll have to go to default SMS notification then and get rid of SMS pop up. Strange, am used to android OS being so welcome to 3rd party apps, unlike Apple.
  • Options
    denyo1977denyo1977 Posts: 699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Handcent has got a pop-up option too.
  • Options
    Peter_CarlosPeter_Carlos Posts: 87
    Forum Member
    You can also try using SMS Notifier, its almost same like SMS PopUp I guess made by the same developer I would say !