You know you watch The Apprentice too much when...

george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
Forum Member
Thought this would be fun. Anyone have any examples from day-to-day life? Here are a few to start us off.

1. You know the names of all the candidates in a new series by about Week 2.
2. 'Sub-team', 'resume' (pronounced re-ZOO-may), 'negotiate' and 'delegate' are regularly used in casual conversation.
3. You have ever communicated with past candidates online without having had any prior connection to them.
4. You're working with someone who's annoying you, and you think, 'I honestly can't wait until we're in the boardroom.'
5. When talking about the programme or anything relating to it, you can give very specific examples from past series, that get you very odd looks. (I remember once I was at a meeting talking about elevator pitches, and I said, 'Oh yes, they did those once on The Apprentice.' Then I added, 'In Series 7.' A couple of people looked slightly scared...)

Anyone have any more?

Comments

• Dan RDan R Posts: 2,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When you start using classic quotes from candidates and Lord Sugar to back you up in daily life :p
  • george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    When you're at the front of the Tesco queue, and you start trying to persuade the cashier to reduce the price, especially if you use phrases like 'I guarantee you repeat custom'.
  • Matt_HarbinsonMatt_Harbinson Posts: 183
    Forum Member
    You use the apprentice as an example of how you or someone else have been ripped off i.e. beer, candles, fruit salads etc. I also expect interviews to be hostile and terrifying and get surprised when they are nothing like that lol