Options

Cardiff Auditions- 29th June Official Thread

Starzz123Starzz123 Posts: 1,700
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So the Cardiff auditions are close, so if you have any information about anyone auditioning or if you are going to see the auditions please let us all know via this thread. :)

Comments

• Options
    spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel greedy for going again :D
  • Options
    Starzz123Starzz123 Posts: 1,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So any information about the auditions??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They went on forever :eek: Got out at 4PM, despite it starting on time (for once!) at 10AM. Seemed to be loads of auditionees, more than any of the previous shows!

VEry, very few got through, probably 5 at most and most of those after begging and pleading (there was a boy group who clawed through)

Only one or two acts actually got four yeses from the panel I think
  • Options
    bookclub10bookclub10 Posts: 4,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just a reminder of auditions from Wales a few years ago...Enjoy :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3ZI_JdsBEA&feature=feedrec_grec_index
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    @ spkx - would you say they're being a lot more strict this year in who they put through compared with other years? Are you there for the evening session too?

At this rate Boot Camp will be much smaller, unless they're putting through loads from London.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bookclub10 wrote: »
    Just a reminder of auditions from Wales a few years ago...Enjoy :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3ZI_JdsBEA&feature=feedrec_grec_index

rubbish, am i the only person who prefers listening to talented individuals audition??
    If I want to hear singing like this I can do it myself!

I hope they are making the XFactor more like The Voice and concentrating on Talent rather than fame **** and delusionals.
  • Options
    bookclub10bookclub10 Posts: 4,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The thing with these type of auditions is that they lighten the programme and they make the mediocre acts seem so much better than they actually are, and none of the acts on that clip got through thank God!
    I think It would be quite boring watching the audition stages of just good singers. Now when it comes to the live shows, that's a different story.
    The only thing I find boring about the live shows is when most of the acts are of the same genre.
  • Options
    unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't be any worse than Tom Wilding getting through last year
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    @ spkx - would you say they're being a lot more strict this year in who they put through compared with other years? Are you there for the evening session too?

At this rate Boot Camp will be much smaller, unless they're putting through loads from London.

A lot of those turned away did so because there were better in the competition already.

There's a very big advantage to going in the earlier dates, Tulisa told one of them: "If this was the first day I'd be like wow, and really excited"

I feel sorry for the acts in Liverpool!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still no girl groups etiher, I think 2 or 3 tried but all go four noes
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    unclekevo wrote: »
    Can't be any worse than Tom Wilding getting through last year

Do you mean Tom Richards? He was pretty nothingy. (I hope you don't mean John Wilding - I loved him!)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,389
    Forum Member
    anactoria wrote: »
    Do you mean Tom Richards? He was pretty nothingy. (I hope you don't mean John Wilding - I loved him!)

This, John was great, Tom not so much, but TBF he was good enough to get through his first audition.
  • Options
    Strictly_IrishStrictly_Irish Posts: 18,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did a girl called Megan Burke get through?
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amroussi wrote: »
    This, John was great, Tom not so much, but TBF he was good enough to get through his first audition.

Agreed. John Wilding was excellent.
  • Options
    Carlisle156Carlisle156 Posts: 23,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did a girl called Megan Burke get through?

http://www.youtube.com/user/MeganBurke18

Is that the Megan Burke you're talking about?
  • Options
    Strictly_IrishStrictly_Irish Posts: 18,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MeganBurke18

Is that the Megan Burke you're talking about?

Yep. :)
  • Options
    Carlisle156Carlisle156 Posts: 23,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep. :)

She's really good! Hope she made it through.
  • Options
    unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oops, yes I meant Tom Richards, got them slightly mixed up, John Wilding was brilliant
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She went through

I expect her auditio will feature in tomorrow's press, if it doesn't I'll post the details when I getthe chance (assuming someone else doesn't do so before)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Did the choir go through in the afternoon?

Did any other groups get through day or evening, other than the boyband mentioned earlier?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the chouir weren't auiitioning :p they were... well I dunno, it was really random :confused:

No groups bar the one mentioned earlier I saw go through, plenty turned away!
  • Options
    ScoreScore Posts: 17,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spkx wrote: »
    She went through

I expect her auditio will feature in tomorrow's press, if it doesn't I'll post the details when I getthe chance (assuming someone else doesn't do so before)

I can't see anything in the press - did something controversial happen?

Sounds like Cardiff didn't produce too much talent yesterday which is a shame, but this series still sounds good overall so far.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    spkx wrote: »
    the chouir weren't auiitioning :p they were... well I dunno, it was really random :confused:
    !

That sounds intriguing!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They just came out, performed a song and then went back off again. Very bizarre and pointless!

As for Megan, she was a stand out of the day, full standing ovation, etc. so surprised she hasn't been mentioned!
  • Options
    Taz93Taz93 Posts: 13,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are the judges still in the order Louis Kelly Tulisa Gary or does it change around??