The Apprentice quotes quiz

Comments

• george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    Oxygen78 wrote: »
    That quote really does fit in to that episode. Only name left for that could be
    Francesca? Not convinced though as she was in charge of the food and wouldn't admit to it being bad.

If not, sticking with my biscuit task idea, maybe Zoe who was PM?

Both of those are wrong.
  • Oxygen78Oxygen78 Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    Both of those are wrong.

Hmm. Ok. Well let me leave my current thinking and see if it helps (or hinders :D) anyone else whilst I keep thinking!

Think we are looking for a food or drink creation task where the end product tasted awful.

Think this is a PM from a manufacturing task. The fact they are trying to justify their choice suggest maybe a PM on a losing team in the boardroom?

So this sounds like a shopping, selling to the trade or manufacturing task as they talk about being back in London in 2.5 hours. And one with argument between 2 candidates.

Sounds like an interview stage as it mentions final hurdle but talks about 'everyone else' so can't be final.

I'm wondering if I'm going to laugh at how wrong these all are when the answers are found. :D
    Forum Member
    Interesting thoughts - I will point out with regards to your thoughts on #14 that
    all of them are taken directly from interviews to the camera.
    I didn't mention that before, but I thought I'd just clarify it. I don't think it really spoils anything.
    Forum Member
    You have two days left to complete the quiz!

On Saturday night, I'm going to the theatre to see James And The Giant Peach (yay! :D), and when I get back I'm revealing the answers to all the quotes that no one has got. So you have about 48 hours left! I thought I should set a deadline, because otherwise there might be some that are never revealed.

So, let's see if you can get them all before that happens! A reminder, you still have #4, #6, #7, #14, #15, #19 and #20.

Also, I'm out all day tomorrow so won't be able to confirm any answers, but will answer anything later.
  • TXF0429TXF0429 Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brainwave! Is #15
    Lucy Beauvallet in the Scavenger Hunt task in Young Apprentice Series 3? I think she's talking about David and Amy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And as I think that #19 is from
    JA/YA, is it Arjun Rajyagor?
    Forum Member
    You are right about #15! I was wondering how long that would take... ;-)

You still haven't got #19, I'm afraid!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to have a go at a couple just because we are running out of time!

Oh #4, its very difficult,
    as it doesn't appear to be from the two likely culprits (Ready Meals and the Biscuit task), but I had an idea recently, so I'm going for James McCullagh in the popcorn task in Young Apprentice Series 2.
    #6 is very, very tough. It could be from virtually any episode with a losing male PM - Lets take a stab in the dark:
    Paloma Vivanco about Shibby in Series 6, Week 3.
    Is #7
    Zara Brownless in the first episode of the second series of Young Apprentice? I think its from that episode.
    That damned #19,
    another go at JA/YA: Mahamad Awale?
    For #20,
    it sounds like something Helene Speight would say. So I guess she says it before Series 4 interviews.

I still need a little more time and thought in #14 because it has to be from a specific episode, but I'm just not sure where it came from!
  • Sherlock_HolmesSherlock_Holmes Posts: 6,882
    Forum Member
    Without looking at the answers right above me:

no. 4
    Kurt on the beer task?

no. 6
    Melody about Tom in the Paris task?

no.7
    Nicholas from Series 4? Probably my wildest guess ever

no.14
    Natasha on the premium advertising task?

no. 19
    Again, Nicholas from series 4?

no.20
    Uhhmm....Tom Gearing?

P.S. By the way, I am also trying to come up with my own quote variant soon (probably only 10 quotes, which will probably be all lifted from the intro).
    Forum Member
    TXF0429 wrote: »
    I'm going to have a go at a couple just because we are running out of time!

Oh #4, its very difficult,
    as it doesn't appear to be from the two likely culprits (Ready Meals and the Biscuit task), but I had an idea recently, so I'm going for James McCullagh in the popcorn task in Young Apprentice Series 2.
    #6 is very, very tough. It could be from virtually any episode with a losing male PM - Lets take a stab in the dark:
    Paloma Vivanco about Shibby in Series 6, Week 3.
    Is #7
    Zara Brownless in the first episode of the second series of Young Apprentice? I think its from that episode.
    That damned #19,
    another go at JA/YA: Mahamad Awale?
    For #20,
    it sounds like something Helene Speight would say. So I guess she says it before Series 4 interviews.

I still need a little more time and thought in #14 because it has to be from a specific episode, but I'm just not sure where it came from!

Jack, you have finally got #4! Well done!

All the others are still wrong, I'm afraid (from both you and Sherlock). Only five left though! See if you can get any more before I reveal the answers tonight ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jack, you have finally got #4! Well done!

All the others are still wrong, I'm afraid (from both you and Sherlock). Only five left though! See if you can get any more before I reveal the answers tonight ;-)

OMG, I've just stumbled across #19 by accident!
    I was watching the first episode of Young Apprentice Series 2 today and heard Haya say it! I don't know if that's cheating, but I was pretty confident it was from an JA/YA opener and I think I said Mahamad before because I associated it with that episode. I don't know what you want to do about that one.
    Forum Member
    OMG, I've just stumbled across #19 by accident!
    I was watching the first episode of Young Apprentice Series 2 today and heard Haya say it! I don't know if that's cheating, but I was pretty confident it was from an JA/YA opener and I think I said Mahamad before because I associated it with that episode. I don't know what you want to do about that one.

I'll count it! Might as well, as you've won anyway - no one can possibly beat your score now. (By the way, Max Grodecki got eleven A*s, so he'll never forgive you for thinking that was him!)

Just a question, would you have got #3 and #12 is Hown hadn't beaten you to it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll count it! Might as well, as you've won anyway - no one can possibly beat your score now. (By the way, Max Grodecki got eleven A*s, so he'll never forgive you for thinking that was him!)

Just a question, would you have got #3 and #12 is Hown hadn't beaten you to it?

Ah Thank you! :) I might have got them eventually, but I didn't initially know #3. Once Hown mentioned it, I thought of course, but I didn't know it at the time. I must confess, I intially thought #12 was Patrick McDowell, but I think I'd have got that one eventually had no-one else got it.
    Forum Member
    Ah Thank you! :) I might have got them eventually, but I didn't initially know #3. Once Hown mentioned it, I thought of course, but I didn't know it at the time. I must confess, I intially thought #12 was Patrick McDowell, but I think I'd have got that one eventually had no-one else got it.

How are you doing on the other five?
    Forum Member
    How are you doing on the other five?

Sorry, I mean the other four, of course. Mis-counted how many were left!
    Forum Member
    Just a few more hours!
    Forum Member
    And the game is over! The winner is naturally Jack (TXF0429) for identifying fourteen out of the twenty quotes. Special mention goes to hownwbrowncow for identifying two of them, and thanks to everyone who tried to work them out. Even those of you who didn't get any made the game a lot of fun!

And now, what you've all been waiting for... the answers to the ones nobody got! There are actually only four, so you did really well...

#6 is
    Gabrielle talking about Stephen outside the cafe after Series 8's Daily Deal website task, before the double firing.

#7 is
    Amy Corrigan, whilst they're looking around the YA3 house for the first time.

#14 is
    Sean Spooner, explaining how Maria persuaded him to go with the Professional Woman cookbook.

And #20 is
    Adam Corbally, right before they present their chocolate shop in the semi-finals of Series 8.

Glad you all enjoyed the quiz! Thanks for making it fun.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Argh! Think I thought of just about every branding task bar that one for #14; slightly irritated I didn't get it! Thought #7 was a JA/YA candidate talking about the house; I just imagined Zara saying that. #6 makes sense, but I don't think I'd have ever got it - that one's really tough! And I don't think I'd have gotten #20 either - it seems like a pre-interviews camera piece and I'm surprised it was Adam in the end, though I do recall him saying something like that in that task, now that I think of it.

I've really really enjoyed this quiz George! I know its time-consuming but if you ever have time to do another one, I'd love to take part again! I reckon I'll make one as well soon in my spare time. :)
    Forum Member
    Argh! Think I thought of just about every branding task bar that one for #14; slightly irritated I didn't get it! Thought #7 was a JA/YA candidate talking about the house; I just imagined Zara saying that. #6 makes sense, but I don't think I'd have ever got it - that one's really tough! And I don't think I'd have gotten #20 either - it seems like a pre-interviews camera piece and I'm surprised it was Adam in the end, though I do recall him saying something like that in that task, now that I think of it.

I've really really enjoyed this quiz George! I know its time-consuming but if you ever have time to do another one, I'd love to take part again! I reckon I'll make one as well soon in my spare time. :)

I was surprised that no one got #14 actually - I think the comments about the multi-gender thing give it away slightly. The others are really hard though, especially #6. (If I remember correctly, Zara said something like, 'You've got art, you've got crazy sculptures, you've got chandeliers... it's like an explosion of cool.')

I enjoyed it as well! It was really time-consuming to prepare - I may do another one at some point, but not until the end of the academic year, I imagine. Of course, the other problem is that if we do too many, we'll run out of decent quotes before long.
    Forum Member
    Ah, well I'm not too embarrassed with my earlier thinking based on the answers then.

Well done TXF.

Thanks for the quiz George - good fun. Hope you enjoyed your theatre visit.
    Forum Member
    Oxygen78 wrote: »
    Ah, well I'm not too embarrassed with my earlier thinking based on the answers then.

Well done TXF.

Thanks for the quiz George - good fun. Hope you enjoyed your theatre visit.

Oh, it was fun!
  • Sherlock_HolmesSherlock_Holmes Posts: 6,882
    Forum Member
    Ok, I have small scale quotes quiz.

The rules or conditions are:

1) Only quotes from the main apprentice series (not YA/JA)
    2) All quotes are taken from the weekly intro to the series
    3) The quotes are all from the last few series (series 5 upwards), perhaps I will have time in the future to do a combination for all the series.
    4) As these set of conditions narrow the field, only one guess on the quote per person
    5) There are 10 quotes in total, questions may be asked (but perhaps not always answered), and I will see when I will give the answers (depends how long it takes to get the majority of the quotes).

1. "No, because right now I'm your boss"

2. "You earn respect and that's how it's done"

3. "For the purpose of this task, I'm now focussing"

4. "Why are you undermining me all the time?"

5. "We have an opinion and you just don't like it"

6. "Everything is spoonfed to me, with a spoon, with a spoon"

7. "You're not my team, your failure is my succes"

8. "He is going to batter you, I'm just warning you"

9. "You either want my constructive criticism or you don't"

10. "I'm completely entitled to say my opinion"

Think that some of them, not saying which, might be difficult as they are not task related (and are odd choices really for the intro; even if I do understand their purpose).

Then again, most of the people guessing are from the yearly spoilers thread so it probably shouldn't be that hard.

Which one I'm looking forward the most? Probably number two, as it is a very generic statement (though perhaps not a surprising statement from this particular candidate, lol :D).
    Forum Member
    Deleted my guess - just saw it said series 5 upwards....
  • hownwbrowncowhownwbrowncow Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member
    So im confused, are we only allowed to guess one of them? I think I know about six of them :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yes, Sherlock!

I know I've hogged quite a few but if you want to guess, please Don't click the Spoiler tags!

#2 is
    Zoe Beresford from the Adveritising task in Series 7
    #3 is
    Melody Hossaini in the Series 7 App task.
    #4 is
    Rebecca Slater in the Series 9 Beer task.
    #5 is
    Laura Hogg in the Fitness regime task in Series 8.
    #6 is
    Stuart Baggs in the Series 6 video screening task.
    #7 is
    Debra Barr after a task she won in Series 5, not sure which one, though I have a hunch its the gym equipment task.
    #8 is
    Laura Moore in the Series 6 bakery task to Shibby before he delivers the bread rolls.
    #9 is
    Kimberly Davis on the Series 5 advertising task to Mona Lewis about the Pantsman pitch.

Not 100% on #1, though I know I've heard it before and #10 is confusing because it could be from anywhere!

As Sherlock indicates, I'm a regular contributor in the Spoiler Thread so no surprise that I know most of them!