Options

The Best Worst Lines You've EVER Heard...

RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I was watching Anaconda with Jon Voight and J-Lo (I know, what was I expecting)...

And after the captain had been eaten they all turned on Jon Voight's character, who responded in the worst accent..."Please people, don't make me out a monster. I didn't eat the captain Mateo"

Now it doesn't sound so bad when reading it, but it was literally one of those. What? Why? What? moments where I couldn't stop laughing and had to rewind it.

So, got me thinking...

The Best Worst Lines Ever...

What are yours?

Comments

• Options
    Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    in predator one of the soldiers says to another "hey man you're bleeding" to which comes the reply "I aint got time to bleed!"
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    I haven't watched the movie in a while but Keanu Reeves in Speed saying something like "We're just two cool dudes, trying to be cool" to a guy who had a gun to his face trying to calm the situation was amazing!
  • Options
    mialiciousmialicious Posts: 4,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In Species Forrest whittikar plays a psychic detective...he walks into a room full of dead bodies, blood everywhere and says "Something bad happened here".
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,442
    Forum Member
    mialicious wrote: »
    In Species Forrest whittikar plays a psychic detective...he walks into a room full of dead bodies, blood everywhere and says "Something bad happened here".

Sounds like Derek Acorah could get a few tips from Forest Whitaker
  • Options
    MikayMikay Posts: 10,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging: "He's got a fit bum" spoken by a terribly acted actress...
  • Options
    treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The one that stands out for me as being the worst is in Jurassic Park - Lost World where Jeff Goldblum's daughter says something like "I'm frightened, I want to go somewhere ..... high".

Coincidently they happened to have brought a 'High hide' with them for the trip.
  • Options
    RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    treefr0g wrote: »
    The one that stands out for me as being the worst is in Jurassic Park - Lost World where Jeff Goldblum's daughter says something like "I'm frightened, I want to go somewhere ..... high".

Coincidently they happened to have brought a 'High hide' with them for the trip.
    That is awful. In fact, that whole film was awful.
  • Options
    ShaiyaShaiya Posts: 3,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This telephone exchange in Speed has annoyed me for 16 years.

Dennis Hopper: You think I'm going to tell you that?

Keanu Reeves: Yes.
  • Options
    spiney2spiney2 Posts: 27,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Close Encounters. Talking about the 5 note sequence, Lacombe (Truffaut) says: "We think it means something ......"

(Book: You'll never eat lunch in this town again, by Julia Phillips, a great read. She is extremely and unbelievably nasty about Trauffaut when he was acting in Close Encounters .......).
  • Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Final Destination 2:

Moments after Kimberley is revived, her love interest strokes her forehead and says, "Thanks to you, we cheated death". Then a strange blast of sunlight appears from nowhere :o
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some awful lines in the new Narnia film. The script is beyond lazy, especially by the end where maybe the writers had perhaps given up caring (and should be stopped from doing any future adaptations!).

When the little girl says to Lucy 'I want to grow up to be just like you' and Lucy says 'no, you want to grow up to be just like YOU' now that's a real cringeworthy moment! Also, every single one of Aslan's lines, delivered so flat by Liam Neeson, anyone would think he'd done them all in one go in a sound booth with no-one else there.........dreadful acting, script and direction.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,342
    Forum Member
    in predator one of the soldiers says to another "hey man you're bleeding" to which comes the reply "I aint got time to bleed!"

that was a badass line Virgil!
  • Options
    treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two of my favourites are from Jason X.

The banging on the door stops and one of the girls says "Do you thinkn he's gone?", refering to Jason.
    Another girl says "Why don;t you stick your head out and take a peek?".

Jason sticks a knife into one of the soldiers who says "It will take more than a small poke in the ribs to take down this old dog"
    Jason pushes the knife the rest of the way through and the soldier says ... "That'll do it"
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    spiney2 wrote: »
    Close Encounters. Talking about the 5 note sequence, Lacombe (Truffaut) says: "We think it means something ......"

Ah, but the genuine but no less funny french accent makes it good.
  • Options
    billlythekidbilllythekid Posts: 5,080
    Forum Member
    Let off some steam Bennet - Commando as Arnie throws Bennet into a radiator:D
    Thats a hell of a lotta fish-Godzilla said by Matthew Broderick when they are trying to lure Godzilla away:D
  • Options
    speedy_gonzalesspeedy_gonzales Posts: 1,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cool as ice staring vanilla ice

Yeah, whackhead tried to play baseball with my homeboy's bike!

Drop that zero and get with the hero!

I'm gonna go across the street and, uh, schling a schlong
  • Options
    Conall CearnachConall Cearnach Posts: 874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's probably blasphemy to mention a Casablanca one here but this one always tickled my funny bone:

When in Paris Ilsa says to Rick: "Is that gunfire or the sound of my heart beating?"
    Rick says "That's the new German 77. Probably not more than a few miles away by the sound of them." Or words to that effect. I think it's just so incredibly unromantic
  • Options
    fluffedfluffed Posts: 1,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This exchange from Revenge of this Sith still doesn't make any sense.

Anakin Skywalker: You are so... beautiful.
    Padmé: It's only because I'm so in love.
    Anakin Skywalker: No, it's because I'm so in love with you.
    Padmé: So love has blinded you?
    Anakin Skywalker: [laughs] Well, that's not exactly what I meant.
    Padmé: But it's probably true.
  • Options
    HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fluffed wrote: »
    This exchange from Revenge of this Sith still doesn't make any sense.

Anakin Skywalker: You are so... beautiful.
    Padmé: It's only because I'm so in love.
    Anakin Skywalker: No, it's because I'm so in love with you.
    Padmé: So love has blinded you?
    Anakin Skywalker: [laughs] Well, that's not exactly what I meant.
    Padmé: But it's probably true.

I think it makes perfect sense. It's still crap dialogue, though!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Han Solo in Star Wars after they've just shot everything the detention area

We're all fine here.. thank you....... how are you?

I just love the way Ford delivers it, especially the wince....
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    How has

'Is it still raining? I hadn't noticed' from Four Weddings not been mentioned so far.

Awful line, delivered awfully by an awful actress
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,940
    Forum Member
    How has

'Is it still raining? I hadn't noticed' from Four Weddings not been mentioned so far.

Awful line, delivered awfully by an awful actress

Ewwww ewwww ewww. Followed by "There comes a point when you can't get any wetter."

Love the film but you are right she's a dreadful dreadful actress.

I'd like to also add to the list a line from Sleepy Hollow where Johnny Depp's character says something along the lines of "There is a little witch inside of you because you have bewitched me."

Awful cringeworthy line.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    God, there's so many I could be here all day...

The kind of lines I particularly hate is usually when the protaganist is just about to escape from a dangerous or life-threatening situation, but still finds the time to pause and exchange a witty line with his (usually female) colleague before, hand in hand, they hurl themselves from the bridge into the river below, for example.

Soooooooooo fake. I've scripted for TV and radio so I know the score, but it's amazing how much of this awful dialogue gets into movies.

I also loathe the lines of dialogue that sum up the premise or a theme of the movie, lines that are specifically put into the script so they can used in the trailer. A lot of producers specifically request 'trailer dialogue' in final drafts. The moment I hear such a line, I cringe.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Nobody puts Baby in a corner' - Patrick Swayze must have been cringing on the inside when he says it.

In fact virtually every line in the movie is cheestastic - must be why I love it so much.
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    My favourite best worst line is in Zombieland ...

Nut up or Shut up !