Series 7B Finale Synopsis (MAJOR SPOILERS)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    I could not see this happening maybe in the 50th as a one off but not as a series finale.

Besides all moffat seems to enjoy is pushing reset buttons

The Big Bang Reset Button
    AOTD Reset Button

If Clara was to die in each time to save the doctor then why is she not dying through out the series to save him each episode.
  • FATCHOPSFATCHOPS Posts: 626
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mulett wrote: »
    Fan fiction is just appalling.

appealing
  • claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Clara was to die in each time to save the doctor then why is she not dying through out the series to save him each episode.

Because this Clara is the original one first in her timeline. It's why she isn't as smart or confident as the others (why Oswin had super computer skills and this Clara doesn't for example). She travels with the Doctor to Trenzalore, learning along the way. The two Clara's we've met before are examples of the fragmented Clara who dives in to help him.

Also, possibly the Doctor's weird memory losses are to do with timelines having gone slightly wobbley?

I think this theory depends on what Moffat says the Great Intelligence is actually. Does he realistically have the ability to do this?
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believe the synopsis but not the 9th Doctor stuff. John Hurt COULD be the Doctor but there's no chance they'll make him a 'replacement' for the 9th. Eccleston was in talks to return so Nine was obviously in the script but his appearance being altered so much would have to be a planned plot point. Highly doubtful this will happen....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I believe the synopsis but not the 9th Doctor stuff. John Hurt COULD be the Doctor but there's no chance they'll make him a 'replacement' for the 9th. Eccleston was in talks to return so Nine was obviously in the script but his appearance being altered so much would have to be a planned plot point. Highly doubtful this will happen....

Yeah I don't think he'd be a replacement for the 9th Doctor. But this could make it so that the messed up time lines resulted in another Doctor we didn't see (or one that shouldn't exist).

We have been told that the finale leads into the 50th but I don't think it's cliffhanger wise, more that the fall out of the finale sets up the 50th.

And having an unknown version of yourself popping up does sound like a plausible reason for 11 seeking out a previous Doctor to help.
  • LeslieGruffordLeslieGrufford Posts: 352
    Forum Member
    claire2281 wrote: »
    Yeah I don't think he'd be a replacement for the 9th Doctor. But this could make it so that the messed up time lines resulted in another Doctor we didn't see (or one that shouldn't exist).

We have been told that the finale leads into the 50th but I don't think it's cliffhanger wise, more that the fall out of the finale sets up the 50th.

And having an unknown version of yourself popping up does sound like a plausible reason for 11 seeking out a previous Doctor to help.

My theory: David Tennant will be in the last shot of the finale. He can film that cameo right now whilst simultaneoulsy filming the 50th.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My theory: David Tennant will be in the last shot of the finale. He can film that cameo right now whilst simultaneoulsy filming the 50th.

Could happen. There could certainly be a little teaser filmed with Hurt too.

I THINK the filming spoilers have said/suggested that
    Clara and the Doctor are having a basically nice day out when UNIT come along and take the TARDIS by helicopter, leaving the Doctor dangling on the bottom of it. The Doctor gets in a strop about being picked up

If that's the case it does seem to suggest that they're all relaxed and don't realise themselves after the finale that anything might be amiss.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Right so, this major spoilerer doesn't tell us what Trenzalore is, doesn't mention the aliens or the relevance of the 'aliens' we know are in the finale, uses "a million times" a clear exaggeration, anything "a million times" is going to be hard to show in 45 mins anyway. Doesn't mention another grave we see in a trailer....

It doesn't fit with what we know.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HandsomeBB wrote: »
    Right so, this major spoilerer doesn't tell us what Trenzalore is, doesn't mention the aliens or the relevance of the 'aliens' we know are in the finale, uses "a million times" a clear exaggeration, anything "a million times" is going to be hard to show in 45 mins anyway. Doesn't mention another grave we see in a trailer....

pretty much...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HandsomeBB wrote: »

Trenzalore is just a place where the Doctor chose to be buried?

The Whispermen are the ones working for the Great Intelligence and physically kidnapping Vastra etc, hence they're not actually that important to the plot themselves?

The synopsis was written out by someone who sucks at explaining things? Tbh if you asked a lot of forum members here to give a synopsis of previous finales they'd sound like that :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I could see the Clara bit working as I think a lot of people suspect that to be the case but I don't think much of the other stuff
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Speculation presented as fact, IMO. Could be proven wrong, of course...
  • anteroantero Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    Whatever happened to those Silence guys we spent months pondering over....but no, I can see the main strand of this having some truth - the Ninth Doctor thing though? In bad taste if true.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,836
    Forum Member
    Dogmatix wrote: »
    I don't like it at all. Too much saving of the universe again. Trouble is, having saved the galaxy and the universe and all of time and space so often, the writers run out of ways to make an even bigger finale. So this time, it's all the alternate time-streams as well. Can't we have a finale where if any saving has to be done, it's just one person, say, Clara?

Agree. The same problem afflicts the daleks too now. Aotd was a bit rare in that case.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    antero wrote: »
    Whatever happened to those Silence guys we spent months pondering over....but no, I can see the main strand of this having some truth - the Ninth Doctor thing though? In bad taste if true.

Well if the Doctor's destruction in this way pretty much wrecks the universe it makes sense they'd want to stop him before that happened.

I always thought the Silence weren't exactly massive bad guys - more creatures with a sense of self preservation who decided to use very questionable methods to take a out a threat.

Whatever happens you'll probably find out that their fear of the Doctor was very justified and not because he's the 'good guy' who stops their diabolical schemes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pobatti wrote: »
    A synopsis of Series 7B episode 8 has surfaced on Gallifrey Base that I thought I'd share with you. At this point there's no way to know for sure how true this is, but it certainly sounds like the sort of story Steven Moffat would write:

There's also a bit of speculation that, as a result of this, the Doctor's past is altered to the point where the 9th Doctor is now completely different - and will be played by John Hurt in the Anniversary Special.

I really like this idea, as it does make a great deal of sense, and does explain why the Doctor keeps his name hidden (to protect the secret of the TARDIS after his death).
    What do you all think?

Well it ll leak in the news then Moff will go crying and post angry comments how he wishes that fan was a fan of something else.

No Steven Moffatt you be a fan of something else! Your not the only doctor who fan in the world if you want to protect your filming so much then dont film in public.
  • sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    claire2281 wrote: »
    Because this Clara is the original one first in her timeline. It's why she isn't as smart or confident as the others (why Oswin had super computer skills and this Clara doesn't for example). She travels with the Doctor to Trenzalore, learning along the way. The two Clara's we've met before are examples of the fragmented Clara who dives in to help him.

Also, possibly the Doctor's weird memory losses are to do with timelines having gone slightly wobbley?

I think this theory depends on what Moffat says the Great Intelligence is actually. Does he realistically have the ability to do this?

'Didn't'. She does now - since The Bells of St John...

As Handsome mentioned, though, it just doesn't fit in with what little we already know. I can't see it being true, and I don't particularly like it either! But if it is true (which I doubt), I might like what is done with it - the way it was written was quite bad.
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What if John Hurt was cast as replacement for Ian Mckellen who was, maybe, going to make a physical appearance, but couldn't in the end due to schedule conflicts?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sebbie3000 wrote: »
    'Didn't'. She does now - since The Bells of St John...

That's my point - Oswin had them because THIS Clara was uploaded with them...
    As Handsome mentioned, though, it just doesn't fit in with what little we already know. I can't see it being true, and I don't particularly like it either! But if it is true (which I doubt), I might like what is done with it - the way it was written was quite bad.

Oh I agree, it's not wonderfully well explained here but tbh that doesn't mean it's definitely not true. I knew the plots of all of last year's Merlin episodes but because I was getting the info second hand from someone else, I wouldn't have been able to write the whole thing out in depth. The gist was 100% right though e.g. the fact they've not mentioned the whispermen could simply mean they're not actually very important to the overall episode.
  • Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if this theory or anything similar (if it is to be believed) is actually indicating a MAHOOSIVE Doctor Who reboot from the 50th!?!
  • ukgnomeukgnome Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *cough* BS *cough*
    This is the sort or tripe that makes me laugh. I can say this as the OP was only passing on a thread from GB, so no one is offended (soz if you are)

Can I suggest that everyone sits down and watches the CE series of DW and takes not of his jacket. Whilst JH is wearing a leather coat it doesn't resemble the one that CE wears.
  • mediaratmediarat Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    the explanations for these little mysteries are not generally as exciting or epic as this.
  • sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    ukgnome wrote: »
    *cough* BS *cough*
    This is the sort or tripe that makes me laugh. I can say this as the OP was only passing on a thread from GB, so no one is offended (soz if you are)

Can I suggest that everyone sits down and watches the CE series of DW and takes not of his jacket. Whilst JH is wearing a leather coat it doesn't resemble the one that CE wears.

I'd noticed that, too. In the close ups, it's a distressed leather coat (with the distress showing a rusted brown through the cracked black leather). 9's was a shorter leather jacket - black with little distress, and a shorter cut.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll say it again - for those reasons above, especially the coat and waistcoat - I'm betting on a Six Doctors scenario with a Dorien Gray-esque villain (Hurt) stealing the Doctor's youth, using paintings, faking himself as a missing Doctor.
  • davebtdavebt Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    Torry_Z wrote: »
    It just doesn't quite ring true for me... I do think that whatever splits Clara through time is yet to happen from her perspective...

^^THIS