Options

Please help me salvage my son's football shirt.

Nattie01Nattie01 Posts: 1,658
Forum Member
✭✭✭
After only a month, the D in Gerrard has started to peel off my son's treasured Liverpool shirt and he is distraught. I have followed all the washing instructions to the T and would take it back to the shop (JJB Sports) if I still had the receipt.

Any ideas how I can stick it back on without ruining the shirt?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    im not sure whether the letters are separate fabric or if its those clothes transfers that are use don special papers, but i would suggest fabric glue if it helps..
  • Options
    eluf38eluf38 Posts: 4,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Take it back - if the only damage is the lettering and the rest of the shirt still looks new, they might give you a replacement - after all, it is faulty so you should be entitled to one.
    I've taken faulty things back several times without a receipt and always got a refund/replacement. explain how long you've had the shirt and how the rest of it is in good condition - it's this one letter that peels off and your son is distraught. Turn on the charm and I bet they'll replace it. If the store won't, send it to the JJB head office.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 265
    Forum Member
    If they won't replace it, take it to your local JJB that does shirt printing and ask them to put a D on the end of it again.
    They should be able to salvage it.
    With the cost of buying a shirt then adding name and numbered shirt I don't blame you wanting to repair rather than buy a new one.
    Was looking for a new Man Utd shirt with Ronaldo on the back and was looking at £51.00 for it.
    Harsh!
  • Options
    mattwoodfieldmattwoodfield Posts: 6,036
    Forum Member
    Take it back to JJB, Reciept or no reciept.
    My mom bought me a Man Utd goaly top about 8 years ago from JJb, and it went all bubbly in the wash after about a month. We took it back without the reciept and they replaced it there and then.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,415
    Forum Member
    in my experience jjb are usually good , sports and soccer are on the other hand not so good :mad::mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey we're top of the league don't mess with it! It might be a lucky omen :D;)

Seriously though, you are entitled to a replacement after only a month, with or without a receipt. Take it back to JJB's and be polite but firm. Did you pay cash? If you paid by credit or debit card you could take a statement with the payment on as proof of purchase. Even the carrier bag it came in would help. I worked for 3 years on customer services and was trained in refunds and repairs. I know policies change but I'd stand firm if I were you.

Good luck :)

Hope you get it sorted for your lad.
  • Options
    HAZYWOMANHAZYWOMAN Posts: 4,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nattie01 wrote: »
    After only a month, the D in Gerrard has started to peel off my son's treasured Liverpool shirt and he is distraught. I have followed all the washing instructions to the T and would take it back to the shop (JJB Sports) if I still had the receipt.

Take it back to the shop:eek:
    Its Stevie G , cant risk damaging it

I love liverpool
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi, sorry to drag this back up it's the only thing I could find about it!

I bought an England shirt from The FA (online), now the top of the H has started peeling off, is there anyway to save this or have I just to got wait for it to come off (/ pull it off) and go into JJB etc and ask them to put a H on? How much would they charge for this?

Thanks

Edit:
    Just found some superglue so used that and it stuck (along with my fingers), will wait and see what happens in the wash though!
  • Options
    ForestChavForestChav Posts: 35,127
    Forum Member
    Zack wrote: »
    Hi, sorry to drag this back up it's the only thing I could find about it!

I bought an England shirt from The FA (online), now the top of the H has started peeling off, is there anyway to save this or have I just to got wait for it to come off (/ pull it off) and go into JJB etc and ask them to put a H on? How much would they charge for this?

Thanks

You could try an iron through greaseproof paper but you might be better sending it back to the retailer, as really they should be sorting it.

If you look in our club shop all they do to affix the numbering is to put the number on the shirt is to put them in place, put a bit of special paper on top then put a hotplate over it.

(You don't know anywhere other than the 72 club shops where you can get official football league numbering - Not PL ??)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ForestChav wrote: »
    You could try an iron through greaseproof paper but you might be better sending it back to the retailer, as really they should be sorting it.

If you look in our club shop all they do to affix the numbering is to put the number on the shirt is to put them in place, put a bit of special paper on top then put a hotplate over it.

(You don't know anywhere other than the 72 club shops where you can get official football league numbering - Not PL ??)

Cheers, will try that if this doesn't work, it looks fine at the moment apart from a spot of glue next to the top of it, not really noticeable

Nope, round here JJB have trouble with PL numbering, they don't do it, then they do, then the next day they don't, then they do but you need a receipt (!?). Have never noticed FL numbering though but haven't needed it, if you wanted it done this season I would sya any of the playoff venues as their shops would still be open (Bristol City, Palace, Darlington etc) but it's too late now unless any open for selling Wembley tickets and you can get them to do it, don’t know how close to a FL club you are

This England shirt expires at the end of next season anyway (07-09 home one) so it’s still all good other than that, by the time I get any sort of reply from the FA it will be time to get a new one! Got the red one anyway so will have to use that if this gets worse
  • Options
    HAZYWOMANHAZYWOMAN Posts: 4,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nattie01 wrote: »

i wash my boys Gerrard shirts inside out and on a wool wash.. leave them to dry.. they have been fine..
    i would take it back to where you got it from.. to have the letters re-applied..