Options

Channel rescanning strangeness

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
Forum Member
In preparation for the upcoming launch of the new Five channels I performed a channel rescan last night.

To my surprise this added the new Five channels but removed the Film4 channel?!

Naturally unhappy I did another rescan which (as far as I can tell) has picked up all of the channels (I have Film4 back anyway). However, Film4 and one of the new Five channels have moved to occupy channels 800 and 801!

It all seems a bit odd - has anyone else experienced similar behaviour?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    I did a scan last week to find the new 5 channels. Didn't lose Film 4 (I don't think!), but also have the two new channels on 800 and 801.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 430
    Forum Member
    I deleted all the existing channels before scanning for new channels and Film4 moved to 29 from 31.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    Hi. Please update me. What are these new channels?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    We have also rescanned and the new channels have come up as 800 and 801 ! Why when they are meant to be 35 and 36?

It doesn't really bother us what number they are on , but will it cause a problem?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dougk wrote:
    We have also rescanned and the new channels have come up as 800 and 801 ! Why when they are meant to be 35 and 36?

It doesn't really bother us what number they are on , but will it cause a problem?

On the face of it it looks like you have some duplicate channels. If you delete all the TV and then all radio channels before rescanning in channels you should be OK.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    roycymru wrote:
    Hi. Please update me. What are these new channels?

Ch 5 are launching two new ones on the 16th.

5 US will show 'the best of US TV'. And 5 Life will be a daytime programming channel principally (I think) which will be talk shows, lifestyle stuff etc, a fair bit of which also seems to be US sourced.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    marcdavis wrote:
    On the face of it it looks like you have some duplicate channels. If you delete all the TV and then all radio channels before rescanning in channels you should be OK.

Thanks for that Marc - question though:

If I delete all TV and radio channels will that screw up my current scheduled recordings?
  • Options
    BarryBarry Posts: 1,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lancer wrote:
    Ch 5 are launching two new ones on the 16th.

5 US will show 'the best of US TV'. And 5 Life will be a daytime programming channel principally (I think) which will be talk shows, lifestyle stuff etc, a fair bit of which also seems to be US sourced.

Off topic, but a small correction:

fivelife launches on the 15th @ 20:00

fiveus launches on the 16th @ 20:00
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 227
    Forum Member
    If I delete all TV and radio channels will that screw up my current scheduled recordings?

I did this last night to get the new channels in the right place, and I lost both my scheduled recordings and my favourites settings.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I did this last night to get the new channels in the right place, and I lost both my scheduled recordings and my favourites settings.

Ug.

Oh well
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thats a shame but I suppose not entirely a suprise in hindsight in light of changing channels on freeview. I did a channel rescan myself but I havent checked my scheduled timers and favourites - which I only use for when in the EPG. I'd better get those checked out but I wouldnt have thought of checking that if it wasnt for the post.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I only lost what I did because I deleted the channels, not because I rescanned. Initially I did a rescan, and one of the new channels was put on 800 or 806 or something. To solve this I deleted all channels and scanned again. Then I realised that I had lost all my timers and favourites.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    dougk wrote:

Just scan twice. First time I got the new channels as you did, at 800 and 801. Scanned again and they moved to their correct position. Not lost timers, no problems.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nice one Klopek! I'll try that next time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    Too late! we deleted them all and rescanned. We did loose all the scheuled recordings but it only took a few mins to put them back and we found two of the series had finished so we freed up two valuable slots!