3g wife tablet

plutonashplutonash Posts: 313
Forum Member
looking at getting a tablet that use 3g sim?
I'm on three sim all you can eat date. can I use this sim
in the tablet? any help would be very helpful

thanks

Comments

• grumpyoldbatgrumpyoldbat Posts: 3,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you mean the SIM from your phone contract, the answer is no. Three detects use of a phone SIM in a non-phone device and will pop up a message suggesting you put it back into a phone. Three offer mobile broadband data SIMs for use in tablets.
  • iGeek2014iGeek2014 Posts: 573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    plutonash wrote: »
    looking at getting a tablet that use 3g sim?
    I'm on three sim all you can eat date. can I use this sim
    in the tablet? any help would be very helpful

thanks

I'm not sure which Three price plan you're on, but if it's the One Plan (for example) could you not tether your smartphone to the tablet you're thinking of buying?
  • battlezonebattlezone Posts: 1,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you mean the SIM from your phone contract, the answer is no. Three detects use of a phone SIM in a non-phone device and will pop up a message suggesting you put it back into a phone. Three offer mobile broadband data SIMs for use in tablets.

That's interesting. I was thinking of waiting for the Galaxy Pro Note LTE to arrive to do exactly that same thing if I was in a 'feel like home' country.

Pity that as I was looking forward to being able to use the thing to stream etc. I'm on the One Plan which does not allow tethering whilst in a FLH country.
  • plutonashplutonash Posts: 313
    Forum Member
    never thought about tether...as yes im on the one plan £15 month
    with three which inc free tether.

thanks
  • oilmanoilman Posts: 4,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    plutonash wrote: »
    never thought about tether...as yes im on the one plan £15 month
    with three which inc free tether.

thanks

You might need to check but 3 are now putting a 2GB limit on tethering.

To quote:

"Three has now been in touch to clarify exactly what's going on with this tethering debacle. SIM-only One Plan users will still be able to tether without limits – that's staying as it is. Three has also opened up tethering options for 24-month contracts as well, but it is not unlimited – although users can buy more if they need it. Only existing One Plan SIM-only users retain unlimited tethering. "
  • grumpyoldbatgrumpyoldbat Posts: 3,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    battlezone wrote: »
    That's interesting. I was thinking of waiting for the Galaxy Pro Note LTE to arrive to do exactly that same thing if I was in a 'feel like home' country.

Pity that as I was looking forward to being able to use the thing to stream etc. I'm on the One Plan which does not allow tethering whilst in a FLH country.

Feel At Home applies to mobile broadband sims as well as phones. I've just had roaming added to mine for an upcoming trip.
  • plutonashplutonash Posts: 313
    Forum Member
    mine is sim only... 12 months contract @ £15 a month