The KJ big gay flounce thread

Comments

• planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    Hopefully you'll reconsider and have "The KJ Big Gay Sashay Back In Thread". :)

hear, hear,,,,lots of love to you KJ x
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lee_sharp wrote: »
    I barely understood a word of that........

In a nutshell, Lee, a well like FM is telling you that he feels shit because he's been diagnosed with a rather shitty condition called Parkinson's Disease, and that he won't be contributing to discussions anymore.
  • Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry to hear that, KJ.

Take care :kitty:
  • batgirlbatgirl Posts: 42,248
    Forum Member
    Stay. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    batgirl wrote: »
    Stay. :(

Well he last logged in at 09:49, so there's hope he's having a rethink.
  • belly buttonbelly button Posts: 17,026
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KJ44 wrote: »

Software OK but screaming inside, hardware ****ed.

Software can keep developing independent of any hardware. From what I've seen your software is well worth fighting on for.
  • RandomSallyRandomSally Posts: 7,072
    Forum Member
    Gilbertoo wrote: »
    In a nutshell, Lee, a well like FM is telling you that he feels shit because he's been diagnosed with a rather shitty condition called Parkinson's Disease, and that he won't be contributing to discussions anymore.

I wouldn't bother explaining. Given that poster's efforts in the thread about the female terrorist being looked for it's probably their idea of being 'funny'.
  • James_MayJames_May Posts: 606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ramo1234 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that KJ :(I hope you make a speedy recovery. I wish you all the best.

You've gotta be kidding? Hopefully, KJ has a good sense of humour.

Sorry to hear the news.
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christ, that's rough. Look after yourself, dude.
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really sorry to hear this KJ, your software's some of the best, hope you reconsider, thinking of you Muggsy x
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds a bit ominous for a mere 'flounce'. Sure it's not more serious than that?
  • lee_sharplee_sharp Posts: 605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't bother explaining. Given that poster's efforts in the thread about the female terrorist being looked for it's probably their idea of being 'funny'.

If you say so, oh font of all knowledge........
  • AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry to hear this KJ.

All the best to you.
  • SOHCAHTOA88SOHCAHTOA88 Posts: 2,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Take care KJ.
    DS will be all the poorer without you here.
  • CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fingers crossed that the meds can keep your symptoms at bay for a while

Take care.
  • Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh KJ - hope you might be able to pop back now and then to say Hi.
    But meantime, wishing you well and know that you will be very missed.

xXx
  • AvidianAvidian Posts: 6,049
    Forum Member
    I saw this thread earlier this morning in GD, I'm upset that a Mod has decided to moved this thread into Chatter.

I'm very sorry to learn about your illness KJ and hope that you will be getting all the support you need.

I've enjoyed reading your posts and want to thank you for sharing your thoughts, links to sciency articles....and for the (mostly terrible) jokes :D

I will miss you :(
  • twassingtontwassington Posts: 163,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aww, so sorry to hear this, I've not encountered you that often KJ but you've always posted with wit and humour. Hope to see you back on the forums when well enough :)
  • Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oi Flouncy Pants, get yer ass back in here.
    What you're going through is horrendous and whilst we might not be able to help 'much' or offer you the solace you need, we'll give it a bloody damned good try xxxx
  • looney lauralooney laura Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    KJ your not going anywhere too many folk will miss your perils of wisdom just join in as and when you can, read and keep up with the forums wishing you all the very best for the future, and hope medical science can help and keep you comfortable.
  • silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shoot, that is sad news :(:cry:

Hope you have a rethink KJ :blush:
  • BizBiz Posts: 14,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thinking of you fondly K Jeeves. Life can be a bitch. :(
  • epicurianepicurian Posts: 19,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry to read this. Best wishes, KJ.
  • An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    Hi OP

I don't think we have ever exchanged posts but I was sorry to hear your news. I am motivated to post to urge you not to give up.

Years ago when I was still at school the father of a friend of mine was diagnosed with Parkinson's. Back then he would have been in his 50s. He must be nudging 80 now. He attends the same gym as my Mum (senior citizen's off peak special type sessions) twice a week and does the exercise routine perfectly capably.. She says his walking is a bit slow and he has his bad days but on the whole he is able to lead a normal life. Don't be too quick to give up - it may not be as bad as you think.
  • anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KJ44 wrote: »
    Needed a headline, sorry, I'm a drama queen. Sue me.

I've got Parkinson's. Drool from my mouth. Typing this one handed, all that wanking was good practice. Walking with a limp. Sound like I have had 10 pints when I'm sober.

Software OK but screaming inside, hardware ****ed.

They should have sent a poet, but this bloke done good:

Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression, and violence and enjoy it to the full.

(grumpies)

Fankoo and good night DS, you're alright. :)

Oh lovely KJ.. I can't express how sad and sorry I am to read this. I didn't realise your symptoms had become so debilitating. You are usually upbeat, and funny, one of my favourite FM's. I can only say I will miss you and send you my love. I hope you get all the help medical science and the people around you can offer. xxxxxxxxx