Peter Capaldi is an Awesome Doctor Thread

Comments

• LightMeUpLightMeUp Posts: 1,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jimbo_bob wrote: »
    I see the narcissistic numpties who MUST start their own thread highlighting their own personal dislike for the show/Peter/Clara have crawled out from under their rocks to, well, start their own threads highlighting their personal dislike for the show/Peter/Clara - so I'm bumping up this positive thread.

Peter is settling into the Doctor roll nicely, Clara is a gorgeous character and is someone who I never get tired of looking at (loving her nose) and series 8 is moving along nicely - with no over complicated stories that make me go "WTF?" :)

Aww. What a nice post. Made me smile :-).
    And yes, she does have a lovely little nose.
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some words from Tennant, now.
    “We always knew he was going to be brilliant. He’s proper. Such a joy. I’ve always been a fan of Doctor Who but now I’m enjoying being a fan who doesn’t know what’s coming up next. It’s fantastic.”
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »
    Some words from Tennant, now.

Haha. 'He's proper'. Indeed he is.
  • Sufyaan_KaziSufyaan_Kazi Posts: 3,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As transcribed by CD93 above:

Doctor Who David Tennant On Brilliant Peter Capal…: http://youtu.be/KzvXchKRI_Q
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • TorchwoodBoyTorchwoodBoy Posts: 564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really really think he could be the best Doctor yet, and he's certainly done nothing to destroy this thought for me so far.

Even if the episode is lacking in something, Capaldi never gives a bad performance.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really really think he could be the best Doctor yet, and he's certainly done nothing to destroy this thought for me so far.

Even if the episode is lacking in something, Capaldi never gives a bad performance.

I agree. He doesn't rely on any gimmicky performance tactics. No spinning around or silly ways of speaking. I can't see him getting annoying. It's so understated and lovely.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with this
    n my eyes, Capaldi as Twelve just oozes charisma. He could just stand there and do nothing, and it'd be enough to captivate me, to catch and keep my attention.

Where some people see "flat", I see "incredibly nuanced and subtle" - his body language, his facial expressions, the things he can convey with the slightest tilt of his head or quirk of his lips, or just by the tone of his voice - it's been a fascinatingly rich portrayal of the Doctor so far.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Wowsers - sadly I have to quote Duncan Bannertyne here, I'm out!
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Peter Capaldi is on The Graham Norton Show later.
  • flowerduckflowerduck Posts: 1,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bless she sounds like she had a lovely time.
    https://twitter.com/ManningOfficial/status/515751348613443584/photo/1
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome - now if I'm right the telepathic circuits themselves were first used in her time on the show right, when Pertwee used them in Planet of the Daleks? How very apt that Capaldi lets her have a go :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    THIS is like everything I expected from Capaldi in 50 seconds :p A nice bonus that it has 12's theme on the top.

But the eyes, the hands, the franticity, the put-downs.. no wonder he likes to hypnotize.

I continue to disagree with those that say 12 is one-note. Just because he can do more with his little finger than bouncing off the walls.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    THIS is like everything I expected from Capaldi in 50 seconds :p A nice bonus that it has 12's theme on the top.

But the eyes, the hands, the franticity, the put-downs.. no wonder he likes to hypnotize.

I continue to disagree with those that say 12 is one-note. Just because he can do more with his little finger than bouncing off the walls.

How can you not fall in love with him? I'm actually taking offence to those that aren't loving him as much as I am!
  • Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Liking the comments on Clara's nose. Made a few comments on this forum myself. Might have to start an appreciation thread. ;-)

Half way through, and am really enjoying Peter C. Never any question that he's a fine actor, but he's settled in very nicely and am already fond of the Twelth. He can be a spiky beggar, but find this trait actually endearing rather than off putting. 'Go Away Humans' indeed.

Yes, enjoying getting to know him.

One note? Nah. Get a bit grumpy when that's suggested of the Eleventh too. You get good actors, you get nuances. He said, luvvie-ee. (that's not even a word!)
  • doublefourdoublefour Posts: 5,977
    Forum Member
    After the Caretaker episode I am beginning to think he could be a great Doctor, the humour he continues to portray is an acquired taste that a lot of people will take time to get used to. No previous Doctor has had as much straightforward, blunt spikyness humour and comments evident in every episode so far. I personally love it and Peter Capaldi with this and his other obvious acting qualities has made every story worth watching whether a weak episode or not.
    I still am at the point where I don't know fully what he is actually going to be like, but week on week I like his performance that little bit more. There is a bit of utter ruthlessness about him which is a bit un-doctorish which is a little unsettling in the Doctor, he is just a little too dismissive and superior than is acceptable. So it nice to see the more mellow happier moments, such as being evidently happy for Clara when she was walking off with the teacher the Doctor thought was her boyfriend.
    Those small reservations aside, I am becoming a fan of the Capaldi Doctor. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's your space dad; that line really made me laugh.
  • seejay63seejay63 Posts: 8,800
    Forum Member
    LightMeUp wrote: »
    How can you not fall in love with him? I'm actually taking offence to those that aren't loving him as much as I am!

I'm completely in love with him! :D

I've never seen anything he's been in before so he's new to me. A fantastic actor who has made the character his own from day one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    seejay63 wrote: »
    I'm completely in love with him! :D

I've never seen anything he's been in before so he's new to me. A fantastic actor who has made the character his own from day one.

You really should give The Thick of It a go. He turns swearing into an art form!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He didn't have to save Journey Blue and get involved in the Galactic Resistance's war - he just did.

He didn't have to investigate the Robin Wood / Sherwood Forest mystery - he just chose to.

He didn't have to seek out the answer to a recurring nightmare across all of Human history - he just wanted to.

He didn't have to help the Teller reunite with it's other - but he set up an elaborate plan to do so.

I struggle to understand why some believe 12 doesn't want to help others, explore the Universe and uncover it's mysteries. Or how he 'hates everything' because he's just "cruel and angry at everyone all the time" when he has been so fiercely protective and still gets a twinkle in his eye at discovering something new.

I said right at the start that I was most interested in seeing how this character unravels as the series progresses, and I haven't been disappointed. We're still going. Capaldi performs it brilliantly - with plenty of little touches which I'm picking up on rewatches.
    My Doctor is about finding his true self. Which he struggles to do.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He didn't have to save Journey Blue and get involved in the Galactic Resistance's war - he just did.

He didn't have to investigate the Robin Wood / Sherwood Forest mystery - he just chose to.

He didn't have to seek out the answer to a recurring nightmare across all of Human history - he just wanted to.

He didn't have to help the Teller reunite with it's other - but he set up an elaborate plan to do so.

I struggle to understand why some believe 12 doesn't want to help others, explore the Universe and uncover it's mysteries. Or how he 'hates everything' because he's just "cruel and angry at everyone all the time" when he has been so fiercely protective and still gets a twinkle in his eye at discovering something new.

I said right at the start that I was most interested in seeing how this character unravels as the series progresses, and I haven't been disappointed. We're still going. Capaldi performs it brilliantly - with plenty of little touches which I'm picking up on rewatches.

This will probably sound stupid, but in Listen, during his opening monologue, when he puts the chalk on the book, you just see his hand, but that hand and his voice express so much inquisitiveness, deduction and reasoning. Awesome!
  • SealegSealeg Posts: 449
    Forum Member
    I knew Capaldi was a brilliant actor so I expected him to be good, but he's even beeter than I thought he would be. I love how he's made the doctor a mixture of light and dark.

Some of the stories have been a bit hit and miss, but his performances have been wonderful every week.
  • Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like him!!!