Ee Price Plans

12346»

Comments

• Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mjdj1689 wrote: »
    One thing I cant find out is what about us people who have just got a contract on Orange with a I phone 5 ?

Will we able to take our current contract onto EE? or will we have to pay more to use their tariff ?

I have read they will match what we are already on, but I cant see this anywhere on their site ?

I got it wrong about tethering , you can use this on any plan.

There must be loads of people in the same situation as me , anyone know on here ?

You'll be able to "upgrade" to EE and pay the EE monthly rate for the price plan you chose. So in other words they will move the remainder of your contract length over to an EE 4G plan at the cost of the EE plan, not your existing priceplan cost.
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    £36 a month for 500MB internet... I think I will pass, whats the point in having 4G with so little data.
  • wrexham103.4wrexham103.4 Posts: 3,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i wont be moving to EE as im not in a 4G area, i have 3G and use about 2.5-3GB a month max; browse internet, check emails, whatsapp, etc all day, and stream tune in radio for 1 hour a day. so a free iphone 5 , 5GB data unlimited calls + texts for £50 is ok when you think on O2 (ok no 4G but also little 3G) its £63 for 1GB of data unlimited calls + texts. most people wont be streaming films and tv all day, id say it was a small percentage. just my opinion.........
  • zantarouszantarous Posts: 2,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even their SIM only deal is terrible £21 for 500 where as I just ported over to T Mobile today and pay £18 for 1.5GB of data.

I understand at first it will be expensive but surly the head start they have they should be enticing as many people as possible to sign up with them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zantarous wrote: »
    Even their SIM only deal is terrible £21 for 500 where as I just ported over to T Mobile today and pay £18 for 1.5GB of data.

I understand at first it will be expensive but surly the head start they have they should be enticing as many people as possible to sign up with them.

Also I would have thought the main reason to go with EE is for people who use mobile data often and want faster speeds. These people would be far better off with a 3G network.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Right now on T-Mobile you can get The Full Monty (unlimited calls, texts and 3G data) for £21 a month on a 12 month contract.

What's the point of having the ability to easily download HD - or really even SD - video content easily, if you use up your allowance almost instantly?
  • eljmayeseljmayes Posts: 1,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Right now on T-Mobile you can get The Full Monty (unlimited calls, texts and 3G data) for £21 a month on a 12 month contract.

What's the point of having the ability to easily download HD - or really even SD - video content easily, if you use up your allowance almost instantly?

Exactly- where EE are rolling out 4G first is likely to be where 3G is quickest. Defeats the point really.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    eljmayes wrote: »
    Exactly- where EE are rolling out 4G first is likely to be where 3G is quickest. Defeats the point really.

Indeed the place closest to me with 4G is Glasgow which has great 3G (and plenty of Wi-Fi) already.
  • the chimpthe chimp Posts: 12,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I cant see there being many early adopters of 4g with the prices released today £56 only gets you 8gb.... very poor.

Even worse is the £36 plan that only gives you 500mb...... whats the point ? :confused:

Why would you go 4g for such a pathetic allowance ?

On 3g you can have unlimited data for the same price.