Options

X Factor Tour - Anyone Been?

Comments

• Options
    plankenheimerplankenheimer Posts: 452
    Forum Member
    Weren't her votes getting lower and lower as the show went on? People stopped voting for Ella, they didn't stop voting for Rylan.

It was up and down . Ella just got unlucky that she came up against james .
  • Options
    QuiteInterestedQuiteInterested Posts: 1,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Weren't her votes getting lower and lower as the show went on? People stopped voting for Ella, they didn't stop voting for Rylan.

No. She did beat him on votes 4 out of 7 weeks, but whilst Rylan only got 3.1% of the votes in Week 1, by Week 7 (and also the week Ella went out), he received 15.7% of the votes, compared to Ella's 12.1%.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No. She did beat him on votes 4 out of 7 weeks, but whilst Rylan only got 3.1% of the votes in Week 1, by Week 7 (and also the week Ella went out), he received 15.7% of the votes, compared to Ella's 12.1%.

She beat him 5 times out of 7
  • Options
    QuiteInterestedQuiteInterested Posts: 1,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She beat him 5 times out of 7

Oops. You're quite correct. My bad! :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was up and down . Ella just got unlucky that she came up against james .

Ella stopped getting the votes, it has nothing to do with James. She had the lowest number of votes before Rylan did. Less people voted for her when people were still voting for Rylan. More people paid to see Rylan again than Ella. Overall doesn't matter at all, or you could say more people wanted to see Chris Maloney again than anyone else in the competition. People lose interest in some and gain interest in others. It matters when people stop voting, and people stopped voting for Ella before they stopped voting for Rylan. He was more liked for longer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ella stopped getting the votes, it has nothing to do with James. She had the lowest number of votes before Rylan did. Less people voted for her when people were still voting for Rylan. More people paid to see Rylan again than Ella. Overall doesn't matter at all, or you could say more people wanted to see Chris Maloney again than anyone else in the competition. People lose interest in some and gain interest in others. It matters when people stop voting, and people stopped voting for Ella before they stopped voting for Rylan. He was more liked for longer.

Ella was also above james 5 times out of 7 . People weren't voting for him either . Care to explain that 1 ?
    Ella would have been saved against most people . Thats why she was unlucky to be up against james .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ella was also above james 5 times out of 7 . People weren't voting for him either . Care to explain that 1 ?
    Ella would have been saved against most people . Thats why she was unlucky to be up against james .

The same way I just explained why overall is pointless to use in comparisons. It's not enough for people to like an act at the start of the competition if they stop liking them and start prefering other people. That's what happened to Ella - she stopped getting the votes. People stopped voting for her and started voting for other people. At that point they'd seen more of everyone, they'd seen who was getting better, they knew who they liked watching week after week, and for some reason Ella wasn't doing it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member

But James vs Ella went to deadlock, I can see your point but it's not as if the judges saved James....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    I think if Ella was saved against James she would have gone on to win the show. James got such a monumental voting surge after he was in the bottom two it was incredible.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The same way I just explained why overall is pointless to use in comparisons. It's not enough for people to like an act at the start of the competition if they stop liking them and start prefering other people. That's what happened to Ella - she stopped getting the votes. People stopped voting for her and started voting for other people. At that point they'd seen more of everyone, they'd seen who was getting better, they knew who they liked watching week after week, and for some reason Ella wasn't doing it.

It's not as simple as that , ,maybe theh thought ella would be safe . That was obviously the case with james . You can't say rylan was more liked just because he stayed in longer .
    How do know that people didn't vote for rylan to make a mockery of the show ?
    By your logic chris maloney was liked more than most , which obviously isn't true
  • Options
    oxygenjjoxygenjj Posts: 18,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    More people actually voted for ella while they were both there.
    She was above him 5 times out of 7 .
    Rylan just had a bit more luck than her , that's all

Have you been touring with jahemene . Guess you could be his body guard , keeping all those fame hungry girls at bay .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    oxygenjj wrote: »
    Have you been touring with jahemene . Guess you could be his body guard , keeping all those fame hungry girls at bay .

No ive not been touring with him , he already has a bodyguard .
    I am going to see him on the 23rd feb
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not as simple as that , ,maybe theh thought ella would be safe . That was obviously the case with james . You can't say rylan was more liked just because he stayed in longer .
    How do know that people didn't vote for rylan to make a mockery of the show ?
    By your logic chris maloney was liked more than most , which obviously isn't true

Chris Maloney was more liked than most, it obviously is true because he came third and was top of the votes for nearly the whole competition. Nobody can say for certain why anybody voted, but the fact is they did vote, they did pay money for certain people to stay in and no matter why that was, Rylan got more votes than Ella did, people paid to see more of him when they didn't for Ella.
  • Options
    oxygenjjoxygenjj Posts: 18,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chris Maloney was more liked than most, it obviously is true because he came third and was top of the votes for nearly the whole competition. Nobody can say for certain why anybody voted, but the fact is they did vote, they did pay money for certain people to stay in and no matter why that was, Rylan got more votes than Ella did, people paid to see more of him when they didn't for Ella.

Those hardcore bingo grannies certainly spent their pension voting for Baloney . What a waste of money . Shame there pension money ran out when it mattered most .
  • Options
    Forum Member

Ok so by the same logic matt cardle is more liked than rebecca ferguson then ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok so by the same logic matt cardle is more liked than rebecca ferguson then ?

When he won the X Factor he cerainly was, on the tour he was. At this stage the only fan base any of these people have is from the X Factor, so all we have to go on is what support they had from that. In this case Rylan had more support than Ella.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    When he won the X Factor he cerainly was, on the tour he was. At this stage the only fan base any of these people have is from the X Factor, so all we have to go on is what support they had from that. In this case Rylan had more support than Ella.

We will have to agree to disagree .
    I think your argument that just because he went further means he has more support is quite odd .
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    I thought this was a thread about the tour, not an argument/discussion about who got more votes/more popular on the show etc. I'll go and read the other thread about the tour as I want to know what all the acts were like, who was good and all that sort of stuff. Not seeing it myself for another fortnight so want to know the opinions of those who have seen it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We will have to agree to disagree .
    I think your argument that just because he went further means he has more support is quite odd .

I think it's quite reasonable considering it's a vote-for-the-one-you-like-best system. If it were vote to eliminate it would be different, but it's not. The fact that Ella went out before Rylan (more people paid to see him again) means that there wasn't as much support for her as there was for Rylan.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think it's quite reasonable considering it's a vote-for-the-one-you-like-best system. If it were vote to eliminate it would be different, but it's not. The fact that Ella went out before Rylan (more people paid to see him again) means that there wasn't as much support for her as there was for Rylan.

As i have said before its not that straight forward .
    There are many factors to consider on how the voting goes.
    If you honestly think because a certain person goes further they must be more liked then are being a bit naive .
    There is no way Chris Maloney has more support right now than Ella, Rylan, Union J , or even District 3 .
    I went to every show and trust me not many people liked Chris .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As i have said before its not that straight forward .
    There are many factors to consider on how the voting goes.
    If you honestly think because a certain person goes further they must be more liked then are being a bit naive .
    There is no way Chris Maloney has more support right now than Ella, Rylan, Union J , or even District 3 .
    I went to every show and trust me not many people liked Chris .

It doesn't matter why people voted, what matters is that more people did pay to see more of him than ella. Chris might not have more support in terms of people buying music, but in terms of X Factor voters he does. I think you are confusing how many people like someone with how many people dislike them. More dislikers does not mean less likers than another contestant. Hence my point about it being a vote to save and not a vote to evict system.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It doesn't matter why people voted, what matters is that more people did pay to see more of him than ella. Chris might not have more support in terms of people buying music, but in terms of X Factor voters he does. I think you are confusing how many people like someone with how many people dislike them. More dislikers does not mean less likers than another contestant. Hence my point about it being a vote to save and not a vote to evict system.

Of course it matters why people vote , that is the whole point .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course it matters why people vote , that is the whole point .

The point is X Factor voters paid money to see more of Rylan when they didn't for Ella. Who goes to see X Factor tours? X Factor voters.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The point is X Factor voters paid money to see more of Rylan when they didn't for Ella. Who goes to see X Factor tours? X Factor voters.

Oh dear
  • Options
    paralaxparalax Posts: 12,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doesn't it just show that we all have different views on what we find entertaining and want to see and hear more of. And the X Factor for all it's faults does give us variety.

I never got the Ella hype, I found her an average singer. Maybe once we see her do her own stuff which suits her I might feel differently.

Never understood why they put Rylan through till the first live show, he lit up the stage, I found the others dreary, even their VT's were all about sob stories. Rylans genuine enthusiasm and humour made it for me, without him I probably wouldn't have bothered. When he sang Wires he proved he could sing. The unacceptable demonizing of Chris was the downside of the series, yes he is dated but he had the most powerful voice in the competition and I didn't believe the tabloid stories.