Call Of Duty : Ghosts

Comments

• Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    COD is a catastrophe on PC, i've never seen so many cheaters as I do in those games. Kudos for putting up with it, i gave up after being rankhacked in MW2.
  • Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    stvn758 wrote: »
    I miss the WW2 ones, Modern Warfare was great but these Black Ops ones play like pale imitations.

I'm really enjoying playing waw at the minute on the Xbox. The number of hackers seems to have dropped and the people left who still play it seem to be more mature in their attitude, and not your typical 12 year old screaming cod fanboy.

I even got a message congratulating me on a good game the other day. The only messages I got on blops2 were screaming kids calling me a ****.
  • LadyxxmacbethLadyxxmacbeth Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alan1981 wrote: »
    I'm really enjoying playing waw at the minute on the Xbox. The number of hackers seems to have dropped and the people left who still play it seem to be more mature in their attitude, and not your typical 12 year old screaming cod fanboy.

I even got a message congratulating me on a good game the other day. The only messages I got on blops2 were screaming kids calling me a ****.

Might go back to that then because it is my fav cod last time I played it was full of hackers ad cheaters
  • homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    Another COD, not even bothering after mw3 and blops2 turned out so rubbish. Think i'll stay away from these threads for a while
  • BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    Has the invulnerable hack in WaW been patched? Last time I was on there it was great fun, until I ran into some tvvat using that, then it wasn't even worth playing anymore..... :(
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it'll be a fantastic XB720 launch title!!! /excited :D
  • Super BanditSuper Bandit Posts: 1,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it 100% confirmed for the next gen consoles?
  • stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,395
    Forum Member
    COD is a catastrophe on PC, i've never seen so many cheaters as I do in those games. Kudos for putting up with it, i gave up after being rankhacked in MW2.
    I've got all the COD games on PC & can honestly say that I've never had any problems with any of them as far as cheating or hacking goes.

I do wish they would split development of the PC/Console versions again though. The PC versions have suffered quite badly since MW2 as more & more features you usually see only on the console versions have been implemented, Matchmaking (Instead of the good old fashioned server browser) & online player limits to name 2.

Also hate how the implementation of steam from MW2 onwards has taken away the in-game player profiles which basically means only 1 person can play the game unless you go out & buy multiple copies to activate on multiple steam accounts. The console players can have more than 1 gamer profile to allow multiple people to play games with there own stats yet the PC players can't unless they buy more than 1 copy of the game :mad:
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw an Elpresador WaW video once, and one of the players in the opposite team was Dora the Explorer. I'd locate the vid, but Elpres didn't know who Dora was and it has one of his usual generic titles.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it 100% confirmed for the next gen consoles?
    Yes. Unless from now until release MS coughs up the mega-bucks it will be on both PS4 and the 720.
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chopoff wrote: »
    Yes. Unless from now until release MS coughs up the mega-bucks it will be on both PS4 and the 720.

I think it's a safe bet that Microsoft will try and get exclusive DLC for both Xboxes, but keeping COD:G away from the PS4 is highly unlikely.
    Forum Member
    Bester wrote: »
    Has the invulnerable hack in WaW been patched? Last time I was on there it was great fun, until I ran into some tvvat using that, then it wasn't even worth playing anymore..... :(

I have not seen anyone use it for a while. I am not saying it has been patched though, maybe the hackers have just got bored.

I had some cracking games last night on seelow. It's a massive map, and just goes to show how lazy the designers have become over the last few years.
    Forum Member
    Might go back to that then because it is my fav cod last time I played it was full of hackers ad cheaters

Are you on xbox live or ps3?
    Forum Member
    I have not seen anyone use it for a while. I am not saying it has been patched though, maybe the hackers have just got bored.

I had some cracking games last night on seelow. It's a massive map, and just goes to show how lazy the designers have become over the last few years.

Hmm, might have to dig out my copy soon then!

Seelow - remember playing that for the first time, we had a cracking ding-dong battle with the other side, and eventually we made it to the railway track down the bottom and realized that there was another huge part of the map that we hadn't seen yet. If ever there's a map that should be re-used/re-imagined, then it's that one.
  • MinnimoMinnimo Posts: 5,741
    Forum Member
    It will be interesting when more information comes out
  • GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another Year,another COD,will be interesting to see more info and get hands on at Eurogamer,but ive got Blops 2 and MW3 sat on my shelf hardly getting used
  • LadyxxmacbethLadyxxmacbeth Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you on xbox live or ps3?

Xbox and we had a game last night. Man that game is good shame though some guy was just so good he kinda ruined it because he got so many kills. But it was fun
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    I bought W@W again around Christmas time (PS3) and it was so difficult to get a game other than TDM & 9 times out of 10, there was a hacker in the lobby. Mostly they just had editing in the screen but there were a fair few who had God mode on
    Forum Member
    Never got rid of my copy as it's still the best version of zombie mode. We still play on that at least once a week. Every now and then we'll have a random game of MP - must say, on the 360 at least, we never fail to find a full lobby playing DOM.
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    I'll not be buying another COD until they have dedicated servers.
    Forum Member
    Looks nice.

Graphics have never been the problem for me though, it's the gameplay that's been gradually going down the pan in the last couple of games.

IMO ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poly count has increased 2-5 times, depending on the asset. Characters and vehicles are 4-5x and other things just twice the poly count.

Not heard of sub-d before, I don't know if it is in games at the moment but it sounds pretty neat. It generates polygons on the fly and varies depending on how close the object is.

So they don't make the model with amazing circular looks, it is hard edged and the engine works out how many polys it needs to make up to give it the spherical look depending on how close it is. Pretty neato.
  • MinnimoMinnimo Posts: 5,741
    Forum Member
    To someone that just likes the game it just looks like another version of the jungle map. Disappointing although don't know why I would expect any different from a new console sigh
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    XBone version will use Kinect voice commands.