Options

Clara must be leaving soon?

Comments

• Options
    DogmatixDogmatix Posts: 2,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brigon wrote: »
    Unfortunately that lifts any dramatic tension of the possibility that Clara could be killed off (at least till after she has had a child)

There are other ways of having 'dramatic tension' (if that is really needed) than killing someone off. Seems to me that a writer who thinks 'must increase dramatic tension here, so I'll just kill off a main character or two' can't be a very good writer. Even for Eastenders.
  • Options
    Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course the reaction she gave today when talking about Orson and Danny makes me think Clara has thought about it and thinks she is or maybe is Orson's Great Grandmother

Of course she thinks she might be, because she could be! Doesn't make it any more guaranteed though.
  • Options
    Paul_DNAPPaul_DNAP Posts: 26,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got the feeling this week that Clara was being lined up for her own spin-off. Clara and Mr Pink fighting aliens based in that school with those kids, in particular the one who has already been in the TARDIS. Sounds like a good set up for a CBBC show to me.

Any why were the caretaker's doors a red copy of the TARDIS doors?
  • Options
    breppobreppo Posts: 2,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul_DNAP wrote: »
    I got the feeling this week that Clara was being lined up for her own spin-off. Clara and Mr Pink fighting aliens based in that school with those kids, in particular the one who has already been in the TARDIS. Sounds like a good set up for a CBBC show to me.

That's exactly what I thought and hope will happen.
  • Options
    PobattiPobatti Posts: 341
    Forum Member
    Dogmatix wrote: »
    Well, we know that Clara and Danny have a common descendent, so she ought to stop travelling in the Tardis soon.

On the other hand, we've seen what can happen if a child in conceived in the Tardis whilst in flight...

It's pretty clear that Orson's descended from Danny. The idea that he's descended from Clara is pure guesswork based on the pair's relationship at the moment.

Don't forget, the TARDIS was looking for a timeline to lock-on to. Clara was distracted and thought of Danny so the TARDIS locked onto his timeline instead. Clara might have just been a short-term relationship Orson's granddad had before he met grandmother.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    ryanr554 wrote: »
    I really really really want to like Clara but she is just so meh. There is nothing to her. She is just bland. I think Jenna is a great actress as well, its the writing that is letting her down.

When people prefer her dopplegangers to her, you know you have made a mistake. They should have kept Victorian Clara.

I agree, Victorian Clara is still my favourite version of her. Most of the Doctor's companions post 2005 seem to be from present day Earth, it would have been a good to see a companion from a different era of time :)
  • Options
    johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    Pobatti wrote: »
    It's pretty clear that Orson's descended from Danny. The idea that he's descended from Clara is pure guesswork based on the pair's relationship at the moment.

Not so much guesswork, Orson clearly thought she was his great-great-grandmother - the pointed references to time travel being in the family, and saying that the toy soldier was a family heirloom that should only go to family before passing it onto her.

Which makes it an odd sort of predestination - is Clara not a little freaked out that she might be getting into a relationship based on her descendent effectively telling her that she must?
  • Options
    Sara_PeplowSara_Peplow Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really hope they go with a happy ending not a tragic one. Does 12 really want history to repeat itsself?. 12 acts a grump but mentioned missing Amy in DB and arguing with River in TC. So he must still have feelings and memories of them. Pictures from the fnale DIH show
    Danny partialy converted into a cyberman
    . Clara is suppose to do something 12 sees as a betrayl in the same episode. Maybe if
    she tells Danny she saw their future grandson the love and hope will be enough to save him
    . Will keep tissues ready just in case.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 159
    Forum Member
    Colonel Pink had the toy Danny had as a child and the Doctor called a Colonel. Orson is logically a descendant of Danny's. It's been left blank as to who his paternal line married. Could see him travelling in the Tardis meeting Sgt Blue and leaving with her leaving Clara devastated.

The Doctor travelling with the schoolgirl had a CBBC feel to it -The Coal Hill Mysteries. Remember the Doctor's granddaughter ,Susan, went to school at Coal's Hill. The episode itself lacked any connection with its past entanglement with the Doctor. A shame.
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope she does leave soon. That Clara really is rather nasty, telling the Doctor that she would hit him so hard that he would regenerate. I look forward to next week's Clara-free episode. I could find nothing likable about her this evening.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,430
    Forum Member
    k9fan wrote: »
    I hope she does leave soon. That Jenna really is rather nasty, telling the Doctor that she would hit him so hard that he would regenerate. I look forward to next week's Jenna-free episode. I could find nothing likable about her this evening.

I disagree. I like this new feisty Clara. I can't see her staying for long tho unfortunately.
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    k9fan wrote: »
    I hope she does leave soon. That Clara really is rather nasty, telling the Doctor that she would hit him so hard that he would regenerate. I look forward to next week's Clara-free episode. I could find nothing likable about her this evening.

Clara was a pain in the neck, rude and nasty and behaved like a spoilt child that wasn't getting her own way.
  • Options
    AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    I side with Clara on this one. She was already in a duty of care to Courtney because the Doctor was showing off, he refused to take them home and then gave Clara the responsibility of a decision about a time period that wasn't even her own - Earth might be her home planet, but 2049 isn't her world. It was a colossal ask from her which he completely underestimated, and I'm glad she called him out on it.

That being said, it's a testament to the acting of the leads that I actually felt so sorry for them both in the end. We had the companion who had been frightened out of the TARDIS by a horrendous experience where she nearly lost her life and would have gone down in history as a murderer. And we had the Doctor who is so socially awkward he completely misread the ramifications of the set-up, and lost his only friend. He might be a harsh, cold incarnation so far but he clearly cares a lot about Clara even if he seldom shows it - understandably given that she was a major figure in his life before he lived on Trenzalore, she was the only visitor he had during his stay and now he gets to travel with her again all these years later as well. That scared man at the end of Deep Breath needs Clara a lot more than she needs him, even if he doesn't admit, show or suggest it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    Clara (Jenna) had a short spell when she was leaving the show but she's definitely staying on for next series now.

I'm leafing through Peter`s readthrough script for tonights episode along with the production schedule for the Xmas special 2014/Day 7 - Unit call - 0730 - Estimated wrap - 1900.

Been a member of DS since 2011 - this is my 1st post. Really not interested if folks think this is real or not - just wanted to put it out there for anyone worried she might be leaving.

Love you K - thanks for everything.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    -Gullen- wrote: »
    Clara (Jenna) had a short spell when she was leaving the show but she's definitely staying on for next series now.

I'm leafing through Peter`s readthrough script for tonights episode along with the production schedule for the Xmas special 2014/Day 7 - Unit call - 0730 - Estimated wrap - 1900.

Been a member of DS since 2011 - this is my 1st post. Really not interested if folks think this is real or not - just wanted to put it out there for anyone worried she might be leaving.

Love you K - thanks for everything.

(Well there`s 5 posts I`d forgotten about.....)
  • Options
    DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dogmatix wrote: »
    Well, we know that Clara and Danny have a common descendent, so she ought to stop travelling in the Tardis soon.

On the other hand, we've seen what can happen if a child in conceived in the Tardis whilst in flight...

We have to remember that the Doctor didn't know that a child conceived in flight in the TARDIS would become a defacto time Lord, he knows now and won't make the same mistake twice. I wonder if that is why he doesn't have companions staying in the TARDIS for long periods of time now for adventure after adventure?
    He is being carful perhaps?
  • Options
    talentedmonkeytalentedmonkey Posts: 2,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope Clara goes soon, becoming too stale, boring and thinking she knows better than the Doctor all the time. She has come to the natural end of the average duration of a companion anyway.
  • Options
    DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I side with Clara on this one. She was already in a duty of care to Courtney because the Doctor was showing off, he refused to take them home and then gave Clara the responsibility of a decision about a time period that wasn't even her own - Earth might be her home planet, but 2049 isn't her world. It was a colossal ask from her which he completely underestimated, and I'm glad she called him out on it.

That being said, it's a testament to the acting of the leads that I actually felt so sorry for them both in the end. We had the companion who had been frightened out of the TARDIS by a horrendous experience where she nearly lost her life and would have gone down in history as a murderer. And we had the Doctor who is so socially awkward he completely misread the ramifications of the set-up, and lost his only friend. He might be a harsh, cold incarnation so far but he clearly cares a lot about Clara even if he seldom shows it - understandably given that she was a major figure in his life before he lived on Trenzalore, she was the only visitor he had during his stay and now he gets to travel with her again all these years later as well. That scared man at the end of Deep Breath needs Clara a lot more than she needs him, even if he doesn't admit, show or suggest it.

Well after the talk on the other thread we have agreed that its a rather deep issue in tonight's episode.
    Regarding Clara potentially leaving based on tonight I don't think so, she was cross yes, but Danny soon saw that one out giving her the best advice he could and he was right.
    It will be a blip for Clara, as far as her overall relationship with the Doctor goes, although it might have the effect of pushing things in a slightly different direction.
  • Options
    AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    lotrjw wrote: »
    It will be a blip for Clara, as far as her overall relationship with the Doctor goes, although it might have the effect of pushing things in a slightly different direction.

Definitely, and it's intriguing not actually knowing where it's going to go from here for once. My personal theory which will likely get shot down next week :p
    From what we know of the three remaining episodes before the finale... the first and second are written by the same writer, the second and third are both predominantly set on Earth.
    What if Jamie Mathieson, the writer of the next two episodes has delivered a companion-lite story next week that barely features Clara, and then a Doctor-lite story for the following week that barely features The Doctor (like Midnight and Turn Left in Series 4). We know already that Mummy on the Orient Express is predominantly set in space, and that Flatline is predominantly on Earth.

Maybe Clara agrees to help The Doctor but only from Earth or something, hence why the next few stories barring next weeks potential Clara-lite are set on Earth. This bad patch between them is perhaps then resolved by the series finale, or if not perhaps the series finale eventually motivates Clara into travelling in the TARDIS again...as frankly I'd love to keep her in Series 9 :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 414
    Forum Member
    I hope she leaves and soon. I want to watch "Doctor Who" not "Clara Who". I also really dislike her slapping the Doctor in a previous episode and threatening to slap him in this episode. She's really disrespectful to him. I'd love for Capaldi to have a new companion, somebody who could be the equivalent of his Sarah Jane or Donna.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WhoFan55 wrote: »
    She's really disrespectful to him.

He's even more disrespectful to her, but somehow that's ok? Huge double standards there I think!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 414
    Forum Member
    He's even more disrespectful to her, but somehow that's ok? Huge double standards there I think!

I'm not aware of any episode in which the Doctor slapped Clara or threatened to. Can you tell me where that happened, if it did? Furthermore, the Doctor is a lot older than Clara and he's also saved the Earth, the human race, other planets and other races repeatedly. He deserves more respect than she is showing him.
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    when Clara cried, I cried too. Please don't go!
    I'm a sucker for the pretty gurlz.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WhoFan55 wrote: »
    I'm not aware of any episode in which the Doctor slapped Clara or threatened to. Can you tell me where that happened, if it did? Furthermore, the Doctor is a lot older than Clara and he's also saved the Earth, the human race, other planets and other races repeatedly. He deserves more respect than she is showing him.

Just because he hasn't threatened physical violence doesn't mean he's not disrespectful! He's constantly belittling her, ignoring her when she's clearly being rational and dismissing her and acting like he thinks she's stupid (in fact, I'm pretty sure he's called her stupid several times).

Doesn't matter how old he is or what he's done, that doesn't entitle him to be so rude to her. Like I said, there are some serious double standards going on here...
  • Options
    StarsabovemeStarsaboveme Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    Just because he hasn't threatened physical violence doesn't mean he's not disrespectful! He's constantly belittling her, ignoring her when she's clearly being rational and dismissing her and acting like he thinks she's stupid (in fact, I'm pretty sure he's called her stupid several times).

Doesn't matter how old he is or what he's done, that doesn't entitle him to be so rude to her. Like I said, there are some serious double standards going on here...

He just trusted her to make the right choice in a decision which involved billions of lives and the future of earth, for heaven's sake. How is that thinking she is stupid? On the contrary, that was him putting absolute and total faith in her.

Unfortunately, she was so freaked out by the responsibility that she's not seeing that right now. And it seems that you've convinced yourself so effectively that he's mean that you're not seeing it either. Pretty sure btw that he's *never* called her stupid.