RF modulater problems

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
Forum Member
Hi
I wonder if anyone can help me. I have the 9200 downstairs and want to send the signal up to the bedrooms. I have done all the cables but do not seem to be able to tune the tv's upstairs to pick up the 9200. Is there something I need to do with the 9200, or is a booster required etc.
thanks in advance
mid999

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    If you mean you want to send the signal upstairs via the coax (RF) cable you're out of luck. Most PVR's aren't like VCR's where the VCR would output on another channel as well as via SCART. The only way you are going to get an output upstairs is to run a (very) long SCART lead to the other TV....
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you mean you want to send the signal upstairs via the coax (RF) cable you're out of luck. Most PVR's aren't like VCR's where the VCR would output on another channel as well as via SCART.

That is not quite true. A few PVR's do have a modulated output, and the Humax is one of them.

As to the problem, it is possible that the RF O/Put of the Humax is using or is close to a channel already in use from your local Transmitter, or perhaps you have a VCR in the loop that is also using the same channel.

You can alter the RF O/P channel the Humax uses via:

Menu
    Preferences
    UHF Tuning
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    My apologies and thanks for the correction Barry!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    No video in loop.
    I have looked at the UHF Tuning, it is currently set at ch36 I live in Hull but don't know whch my local transmitter is
    thanks for the replys
    any more help would be great
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 386
    Forum Member
    mid999 wrote:
    No video in loop.
    I have looked at the UHF Tuning, it is currently set at ch36 I live in Hull but don't know whch my local transmitter is
    thanks for the replys

According to this page, your transmitter should be bilsdale or belmont.

Channels for bilsdale can be found here:
    http://www.dtg.org.uk/retailer/tx_ne.html

And belmont here:
    http://www.dtg.org.uk/retailer/tx_n.html

You need to check the "UHF Channel Allocation for Analogue and Digital" for both analoge and digital transmissions.

It is probably worth checking that you are looking at the correct transmitter information by seeing which channles your tv is tuned to (if you can)

Choose a channel for your humax well away from any of those on your transmitter.
  • rich_jtgrich_jtg Posts: 802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's probably clashing with Channel 5 - try altering the RF output of the 9200 and retune the telly upstairs.
  • youngbazyoungbaz Posts: 313
    Forum Member
    mid999 wrote:
    No video in loop.
    thanks for the replys

Your Humax can show you which transmitter it's picking up from!
    • Go to: Menu - System - Signal detection
    • The OSD will now show you both the name of the transmitter and the frequency you're receiving the channel you're currently tuned to on.
    Barry
  • brian9200Tbrian9200T Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mid999 wrote:
    Hi
    I wonder if anyone can help me. I have the 9200 downstairs and want to send the signal up to the bedrooms. I have done all the cables but do not seem to be able to tune the tv's upstairs to pick up the 9200. Is there something I need to do with the 9200, or is a booster required etc.
    thanks in advance
    mid999

Prove that your cabling is allright by sending a VCR output through it to the upstairs TV.

If that is OK....

Your TV should at least receive a bad signal from the HUMAX if it is tuned to the same channel.

I suggest you tune the TV to receive 5 extra channels at once spread through the range. Now set the humax to the first and the TV to the same and see the result. Do the same for the other 4. Unless something is very wrong I would expect one of them should be OK.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,528
    Forum Member
    youngbaz wrote:
    Your Humax can show you which transmitter it's picking up from!
    Hey man, where'd you learn to do all that funky bold and italic stuff?
  • rich_jtgrich_jtg Posts: 802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CJL wrote:
    Probably in the reply to thread interface, no?
  • youngbazyoungbaz Posts: 313
    Forum Member
    CJL wrote:

I sat at the feet of the master!
    AKA Cliff!!

Akshly I'd twigged the bold and italics yonks ago, it's the links and inserts that had beaten me.

As I'm sure you'd agree (working for Alan must be a lot like working for Henry?) ... presentation before content every time!

:rolleyes: B
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,528
    Forum Member
    youngbaz wrote:
    presentation before content every time!
    The technical term for this according to my lauded master is "a mug's eyeful" !! :D

Cliff
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    thanks for all the replys. I'll try out the above suggestions
    thanks again