Options

Panasonic Soundbar

grandadbazagrandadbaza Posts: 11
Forum Member
I have a Panasonic TX-L42E6B and have just bought a Panasonic SC-HTB170 soundbar , can I take an hdmi lead from my Sky+HD box to the soundbar then take an HDMI lead to my TV , if I do this will the TV remote operate the sound bar and tv and will my Sky remote that is already set up for the TV work the volume .
Or if anyone thinks there is a better way of setting it up I would appreciate any advice

Baza

Comments

• Options
    iangradiangrad Posts: 813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hdmi lead from sky box to hdmi 1 on TV

hdmi lead from sound bar to hdmi 2 on TV

Bluray to hdmi 3

= job done for all content , freeview & sky
    Notes switch TV to standby and sound bar will also go into standby , switch TV out of standby and bar will also auto switch on
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    Two ways are better...

1) As I have it set up..
    Sky box hdmi into the soundbar . Seperate hdmi lead from soundbars other hdmi out to the TV. The sound bar will need to use the DVD/Bluray channel and it will pass the video through the sound bar to the TV perfectly.

To control all with the sky remote, you code the TV into the remote, for Panasonic it's usually ...press TV, then select and red...enter code for tv )my pamby is 0678)..
    Then when confirmed press select to check... Try another code if tv doesn't accept it.

Then for the sound bar, press TV, then select and 0(zero).
    Enter sound bar code 1336 and after two flashes press the left arrow and it should switch off the sound bar. Press again to turn it on. Then press TV and 1(one) to punch through.

Now everything can be controlled by the single remote, except for the bluetooth function
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    To add, to the above...

Press TV then left arrow to turn sound bar on and off.
    Press TV and i to go into the tv's setup. Tv and help, to go to input selector.
    Press Tv and up or down arrow for tv volume.

You cannot control any other sound bar option like Bluetooth or bass and treble adjustments through your sky remote. You will need to use the sound bars remote for that.

2) The second way is using your viera link between your tv and sound bar. But this won't sort out sky unfortunately.

Hope this helps.