Alison > Lil

OrexisOrexis Posts: 534
Forum Member
✭✭
I dont get all the hype with Lil to be honest, for weeks she has been propped on this pedestal and pushed for the number one female but I think Alison completely blows her out the water..

For me, Lil is forgettable, unengaging, and has churned out the same performances we've seen for years on these kind of shows. Whilst Alison, completely underated as performed with incredulous consistence and has a great sound, and is completely relevant in todays kind of music..

am I the only one thinking this? Why is Lil so "bigged" up ?:confused:

Comments

• Magpie11Magpie11 Posts: 9,294
    Forum Member
    Agree completely.

Although I can't see Alison winning I really hope she makes it to the final. I think Lil has been continually overrated because of one decent performance which she hasn't lived up too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    don't you mean lil < alision then?

I agree alision is so under rated, for me she is like right up there with previous winners already
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,692
    Forum Member
    I was gonna say err no... but realised you got it the wrong way round

Alison >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> lil
  • Faria262Faria262 Posts: 6,952
    Forum Member
    Allison is currently outperforming Lil, and was great last week, while Lil hasn't had a standout performance for a long time, and I didn't even like Be Without You, although she does have potential.

My favourite girl and some of my other favourites were eliminated a long time ago, and I would have ranked them way above both Allison and Lil, but I don't think TPTB were keen to have a female winner - or any winner bar Adam, who I am a fan of despite this - this year :)

xxxx
  • len112len112 Posts: 4,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately for Lil she was hyped as the "new and improved" Fantasia. Anyone that hated Fantasia would be sure to love Lil , truth is she's just a generic R&B performer with no unique sense of identity . Good voices are ten a penny on this show in order to make an impression you have to take risks which is what Adam is doing and what Fantasia seemed to do every time she opened her mouth . As for Alison i'm not sure that her singing is so fantastic or whether it's her age that makes it seems that way (Fantasia was only a couple of years older when she won ) , though at the moment she definately has it over LIl
  • Arsene wengerArsene wenger Posts: 4,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's with all the Lil bashing?

I like Allison but it's hardly Lil's fault if her fans aren't voting much.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you think Lil can sing but isn't very musical ? I think sometimes being able to change things only works if you understand notes and music
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,435
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lil has a hard job being current when she's labelled as the series' diva. :p Especially as they're trying to turn her into Mary J. Blige.

Hopefully she sings Lady Marmalade this week. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lil has a hard job being current when she's labelled as the series' diva. :p Especially as they're trying to turn her into Mary J. Blige.

Hopefully she sings Lady Marmalade this week. :D

Well if she does then hope for her sakes the judges haven't seen this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWzKkK7ncbM
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,435
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    len112 wrote: »
    Well if she does then hope for her sakes the judges haven't seen this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWzKkK7ncbM

I suppose so. And that performance is just made of pure win. :D
  • Forever AwkwardForever Awkward Posts: 3,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer Allison because she is simply more to my taste in vocal tone and style, though her limited vocal dexterity can make her performances quite dull after a while. Allison also has the greater confidence on stage.

Lil is a good singer and has greater vocal flexibility and range. However, she has failed to live up to expectations in the live shows and is constantly just a copy of the artist whose song she is performing. Maybe too much was expected of her or maybe she is just unable to do anything her own way.
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I personally think they really thought Lil was going to be something special, and when she got through they've learned that she isnt actually as good as they thought she would be. I still quite like her, but she is one of the - if not the - weakest link now.

I dont actually think that Lil even has the potential to be much better anymore - at first I thought she was just underpeforming, though now im just wondering if she is just not that great. I really hope she can pull it out of the bag and proove me wrong, because I still like her, though I do think she needs to do something drastic or she'll get the boot in the next 2-3 weeks.

But yeah, Allison stomps all over her - Allison's worst performances stomp over Lil's best. Allison is final 2 worthy atm in my opinion - perhaps even winner if she can continue to be great, though its not gonna happen, and realistically the best she can hope for is third behind Danny and Adam - though if one of them slips out, she can really get there. She just needs to blow it out of the water for the next few weeks, just so can continue the momentum and avoid the bottom 3 again. :)

Oh and I quite like Fantasia, but that performance of 'Lady Marmalade' is just torture! With Fantasia, I always find she borders on super-fantastic-talent and screeching-wailing-death. That video showed her in the latter of the two, though her stage presence is as ever electrifying. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kyle123 wrote: »
    I quite like Fantasia, but that performance of 'Lady Marmalade' is just torture! With Fantasia, I always find she borders on super-fantastic-talent and screeching-wailing-death. That video showed her in the latter of the two, though her stage presence is as ever electrifying. :)

You see to me that falls into the superfantastic genius category which is what makes Fantasia unique ! just goes to show that people can watch the same thing and see something completely different ;)
  • Mr DoodlesMr Doodles Posts: 1,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It must be either her or Anoops turn to leave this week! ;)

Quite liked her in Hollywood, just hasn't delivered since the live shows! :confused:
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    len112 wrote: »
    You see to me that falls into the superfantastic genius category which is what makes Fantasia unique ! just goes to show that people can watch the same thing and see something completely different ;)

To be fair I thought the start was very very good.. I just think the end was.. :eek: bad! :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kyle123 wrote: »
    To be fair I thought the start was very very good.. I just think the end was.. :eek: bad! :p

I thought the end was incredible to be honest !
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I liked the Fantasia performance but don't think it was her best.