Options

Katie Price (Jordan) shows she's not just a frivolour celeb

Comments

• Options
    Scottish_girlScottish_girl Posts: 5,786
    Forum Member
    Well done to everyone that compteted.

Now just watch and see how long it is before we have The Price/Andre fitness range...his and her style!:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,544
    Forum Member
    katie and peter did well and so did all the others that ran in the marathon
  • Options
    alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done to everyone that compteted.

Now just watch and see how long it is before we have The Price/Andre fitness range...his and her style!:D
    Oh that's inevitable,isn't it? But fair play to Katie, she didn't have to do it, and the fact she hobbled to the end, despite her poorly knee, is remarkable. www.visioncharity.co.uk are pretty chuffed with her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree, they did well. I ran Race for Life which was only 5km, hated every second of it but made sure I ran it. No way could I do 26.1 miles and def not with a knee injury!
    Its good to see celebs getting out there and doing something for others for a change. Mind you looking at these photos I wonder what Kate Lawlers reason was? http://showbiz.sky.com/jordans-marathon-sesh
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well done Katie, and Peter :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    That time is pathetic. Knee injury my arse. She just didn't want to actually compete with the likes of Nell McAndew who trained properly for the event.

I
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,259
    Forum Member
    That time is pathetic. Knee injury my arse. She just didn't want to actually compete with the likes of Nell McAndew who trained properly for the event.

I

Maybe she was more interested in the money raised than the time she got. Who cares how long it takes as long as they are doing it in the first place!
  • Options
    john176bramleyjohn176bramley Posts: 25,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I

I took them 7 hours to travel 26 miles, so that's 3.7 mph. Walking speed is about 4mph, so rather than a marathon it was just a really long walk.
  • Options
    fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I took them 7 hours to travel 26 miles, so that's 3.7 mph. Walking speed is about 4mph, so rather than a marathon it was just a really long walk.

You know John it would have taken this old girl double that time.;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fredster wrote: »
    You know John it would have taken this old girl double that time.;)
    Me too Fred. I'm doing race for life in May and THAT will probably take me 7 hours:D
    The time it took is NOT important, the money raised for charity IS. I wish people would give her a bit of credit! And I don't even like the woman.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe she was more interested in the money raised than the time she got. Who cares how long it takes as long as they are doing it in the first place!
    Well said Tweety:) She's a glamour model not an athlete and at least she got up off her @rse and did it!
  • Options
    nicola001nicola001 Posts: 8,102
    Forum Member
    Do you know what some people make me laugh saying things like the time is Pathetic etc etc

Im sorry but good on her !!! You can clearly see from this video she was struggling with her knee - she could barely walk yet she starts to try and run
    So what if it took her bloudy seven hours she completed it / what where you doing sitting on your arse all day ??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCB8CgV7UyE
  • Options
    matchmakermatchmaker Posts: 1,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Considering she's not at 100% fitness, I think Katie did excellently and well done to her for raising so much money.

At her normal walking pace, my 42 year old unfit wife could get round faster.

Big deal, Jordan :rolleyes:

Oh, and said unfit wife raises money every year for Cancer Research on "Race for Life".
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,259
    Forum Member
    matchmaker wrote: »

Oh, and said unfit wife raises money every year for Cancer Research on "Race for Life".

I trust you could do it yourself then? And you have no idea of what time your wife could do, guessing doesn't count! I wonder whether those that did it on Sunday, walking and running, would say it was no big deal!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    matchmaker wrote: »

:confused:
  • Options
    fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me too Fred. I'm doing race for life in May and THAT will probably take me 7 hours:D
    The time it took is NOT important, the money raised for charity IS. I wish people would give her a bit of credit! And I don't even like the woman.

As my Mum used to say "Its not the winning its the taking part". It does not matter how long it takes, you are raising money for charity, and I admire anyone who finishes even if its the next day Or in my case would probably be week later. Good luck when you run in May:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fredster wrote: »
    As my Mum used to say "Its not the winning its the taking part". It does not matter how long it takes, you are raising money for charity, and I admire anyone who finishes even if its the next day Or in my case would probably be week later. Good luck when you run in May:)
    When I RUN in May????? When I walk very slowly;) (I'm going to see if I can borrow a baby in a pram so I have an excuse not to run!!!!):D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    missmissa wrote: »
    I agree, they did well. I ran Race for Life which was only 5km, hated every second of it but made sure I ran it. No way could I do 26.1 miles and def not with a knee injury!
    Its good to see celebs getting out there and doing something for others for a change. Mind you looking at these photos I wonder what Kate Lawlers reason was? http://showbiz.sky.com/jordans-marathon-sesh

Well, looking at those photos Lawler clearly saw it as a chance to get her kit off... and perhaps get some more lads mag work??! That being said, she probably did raise a lot of money for a good cause. Can't blame her for trying to kill two birds with one stone I guess! She looked like she handled this year's race a lot better than last year's judging by the post- race pics!
  • Options
    smudges dadsmudges dad Posts: 36,989
    Forum Member
    OK, I own up!

I started this thread a bit tongue in cheek to see whether some people wouldn't even give her credit when it was really due, and lets say that I wasn't disappointed.
    I have no feelings for Jordan / Katie Price (and sometimes when I see a headline I have to check whether it is about the country or the bimbo), but it is unfortunately well within the realms of belief that some people are so blinded by their dislike that they won't accept she can do something good.

She did a good job last weekend (much better than St Jade's attempt), so give her credit when it's due.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I

She did have a knee injury, she's been struggling with it for a while.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She did have a knee injury, she's been struggling with it for a while.
    Yes, she has knackered her knee quite badly - so the fact she actually completed the marathon shows her in a good light. I'm certainly not a fan, but the fact she's drawn attention to a little known charity and raised a ton of money for them is a good thing, and she must be applauded for that.
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done to those that ran the marathon last week. Unfortunately though we never know what Jordan's motives are, was it money for charity or was it getting in the papers for something else and getting paid a packet for interviews about it? I really don't know. To me, she's always come across as manipulative and really quite heartless, so I don't know.

A friend of a friend completed the marathon in 5 hours. Well done her.
  • Options
    LittleChickenLittleChicken Posts: 5,916
    Forum Member
    Unigal07 wrote: »
    Well done to those that ran the marathon last week. Unfortunately though we never know what Jordan's motives are, was it money for charity or was it getting in the papers for something else and getting paid a packet for interviews about it? I really don't know. To me, she's always come across as manipulative and really quite heartless, so I don't know.

A friend of a friend completed the marathon in 5 hours. Well done her.

I applaud her efforts for raising money for charity, but she turns it round to be about her and that's unfortunate and frankly, unforgivable.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,537
    Forum Member
    I applaud her efforts for raising money for charity, but she turns it round to be about her and that's unfortunate and frankly, unforgivable.

it's all too typical as well, she should be considered guilty until proved otherwise..she has so much previous for being a self serving moo-bag:p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she did well i mean she could have just given them that much, but she didnt she put the time effort and commitment into it which is nice, she didnt take the easy way out :)