Sudden loss of sync speed

PowerJCPowerJC Posts: 1,038
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi, recently had a sharp drop in sync speed, used to get 8128 constantly. Now its varying and is currently only 5024kbps, and the line is highly unreliable at any higher sync speed. Why has my line suddenly got so bad? I think it's to do with the recent bad weather, but it hasn't improved yet with the weather getting better.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,207
    Forum Member
    If water has go into a joint and caused corrosion, it won't improve as the joint drys out, often the opposite in fact.

Try your modem/router in the Test Socket (many threads here on how to) if the sync speed improves immediately then it is your internal wiring causing the problem., If it doesn't then it means that the fault is external to you and you need to call your ISP. You may need to be FIRM with them because they do not like calling Openreach out - which is what will be needed.
  • PowerJCPowerJC Posts: 1,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Checked all the cables and it's working fine now, the line for the router was slightly pulled out so pushed it in and getting full sync speed. Only getting like 5mbs speeds on speedtests though, but take it that is because my profile has probably shrunk for being at a lower sync speed.
    Forum Member
    PowerJC wrote: »
    Only getting like 5mbs speeds on speedtests though, but take it that is because my profile has probably shrunk for being at a lower sync speed.
    Correct. It can take up to three days to recover.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    Just to add to beerhunter2 comments, some people have found that rebooting their router once day over those three days can be very helpful.

Andy
    Forum Member
    Just to add to beerhunter2 comments, some people have found that rebooting their router once day over those three days can be very helpful.
    I am at loss to explain that because technically, it will make no difference to the recovery of an IP Profile whatsoever.