Sky Box Office Over Phone Query

f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
Forum Member
✭✭
When i last ordered an event on Sky Box Office over the phone (two years ago) i'm almost certain it lasted no longer than a few seconds, and was just a confirmation of my home phone number.

I've just rung up expecting the same, but ended up being forwarded to customer services, who seemed intent on keeping me talking for as long as possbile whilst also trying to flog me the other services.

When did it change? Or did i get diverted when i shouldn't have?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The automated service is rubbish so it may have chucked you through. The payments line is notorious for it.
  • StuartPlymouthStuartPlymouth Posts: 1,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you had your box plugged into the phone line you wouldn't have this issue in the first place as the authorisation would be done that way.

For quite a few years I had a problem with my Sky box interferring with my phone line, so I would only plug in the box's connection to the phone socket when I wanted to order an SBO movie/event.

It didn't seem to have a problem with that. In fact I never got charged - until one time I accidentally left it plugged it, it did a call-back to Sky overnight and I was suddenly presented with about £40 of SBOs on my bill! :o :eek:

Not a problem though, as I had actually watched them! :D

What I'm trying to say is, even if you have a problem with leaving your box connected to the phone line (for whatever reason), you can just do it when you need to, and then unplug it afterwards.

It's certainly better than having to ring Sky's pesky 0844 rip-off numbers! :cool: :p

However, if you've got Sky Talk line rental, you can always call Sky free by just dialling 150.
  • TV DUNIYATV DUNIYA Posts: 6,772
    Forum Member
    Also,isn't there an additional £1.00 charge if you order a SBO event,over the phone?
  • f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unfortunately for me, connecting to a phone line isn't really an option, so i have to stick with the over-phone method. I only order once in a blue moon anyway.