Options

Marchlands - New ITV Drama

Comments

• Options
    JT EffectJT Effect Posts: 5,177
    Forum Member
    jesswess wrote: »
    I think it was Alice's dad that had the affair...maybe with Olive's mum...Alice ran away...did the whole silent witness thing...and Mark is the love child of Alice's dad and Olive's mum...and therefore Mark and Olive are brother and sister :eek:

Very soap opera :)

But who brought Mark up then?

Not his mum, or he'd have known he was Olive's brother.

Not Ruth and Alice's dad, or he'd know who the older Ruth was.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The more posts I read, the more confused am I. I thought it was slow, dull and depressing but now that Ann Reid has turned up, it has become more interesting.
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    teabag444 wrote: »
    The more posts I read, the more confused am I. I thought it was slow, dull and depressing but now that Ann Reid has turned up, it has become more interesting.

I dont think its dull and depressing but I agree with you about reading the posts.....its confusing me more than I was before.

I try not to read them but I cant help myself!
  • Options
    Bobby'sgirlBobby'sgirl Posts: 7,403
    Forum Member
    valkay wrote: »
    The vicar smoking reminded me of when we saw the vicar about our wedding and he fetched a bottle of sherry out of the coal box.

Ours got drunk before he told us about sex education the RC way as my OH was a C/E.:eek::eek: We still talk about it now 32 years later!!!!!!:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 174
    Forum Member
    The series is being released on DVD on March 7th for anyone who has missed episodes and doesn't like itv iplayer.

I was having a browse to see if there was/is a book and came across this pre-order DVD on Amazon. ( Other stores are available :D)
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wasn't the grandmother in the 60s, Del Boys wife??
  • Options
    ppaupyppaupy Posts: 2,729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    valkay wrote: »
    Wasn't the grandmother in the 60s, Del Boys wife??

yes she was.
  • Options
    didiedidie Posts: 93
    Forum Member
    I've just caught up on the ITV player and really enjoyed the first two episodes. *fingers crossed that the rest of the episodes are just as good*.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought the second episode was better than the first, tbh.

Alex Kingston is always good telly and as for Anne Reid - blimey she doesn't even do much and yet she totally involves you! :)
  • Options
    Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jules1000 wrote: »
    I am guessing she was murdered by Mark, Meech's husband.
    Mark wasnt even born then!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    roddydogs wrote: »
    Why does 1968 look more like 1938?
    probably to emphasise how creepy and weird Raquel and Dennis Lawson are; they rule the roost and the younger couple are repressed as a result. Its like Victorian Dad out of Viz.
  • Options
    Killary45Killary45 Posts: 1,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if any of the production team are over 50? If not that could be the explanation.

Talking of 1938, the design of Poirot, set in the thirties, is much more modern than Marchlands supposed 1968.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amethyzt wrote: »
    Yes, am also thinking that the things going on in 2010 are either down to Amy ( who I am sure is going to meet a grizzly end ! ) or a combination of Alice and Amy.
    IS Amy the reincarnation of Alice and she died, and then reincarnated again as Nisha's baby?
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Because it is the older couples house and the young couple are just living with them.
  • Options
    spotyspoty Posts: 11,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is one of the best things on tv at the moment, and I don't know what is going on.

Makes a change from things like Jane Eyre. Pride & Prejudice or things about the Titanic. Bloody hell we have seen/read about them all before. So why would knowing the end be a good watch??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IS Amy the reincarnation of Alice and she died, and then reincarnated again as Nisha's baby?

If that is the case then the story will have no ending, will it? This 'reincarnation' of Alice just goes on ad finitum which would make the series pointless! :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    I think Nisha will have her baby - call it Alice and then the people from the decades will come together to prevent the same thing happening to the present day Alice
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Nisha will have her baby - call it Alice and then the people from the decades will come together to prevent the same thing happening to the present day Alice

How?! :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both episodes have been exceptional. Really enjoying this.
  • Options
    sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,015
    Forum Member

I don't think that Amy is the reincarnation of Alice but I do think Amy is dead.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think that Amy is the reincarnation of Alice but I do think Amy is dead.

:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

So do I as she isn't in the 2010 segment, and I think Mark knows why too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where does the deaf woman come into it?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think something must have happened to Amy too, as she doesn't seem to be in the 2010 period (as yet!).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think something must have happened to Amy too, as she doesn't seem to be in the 2010 period (as yet!).

Neither do her parents, or her brother, why is this relevant? :confused: