is it possible to save text messages onto a sim card?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,173
Forum Member
i have a samsung genio qwerty phone, and it's brilliant but it's been losing time recently (i.e. i'll look at it and it'll be half an hour slow for no reason) so i think it's time for a new one as i've had this one a while. thing is, my mum died just after christmas and i have texts from her saved on my phone. i would only get a new phone if there was a way of saving the texts onto my sim card so i can have them on a new phone. does anyone know a way of doing this?

thanks

Comments

• grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You could always send them to your new phone - via bluetooth or a temporary SIM card.. Or back then up to P./C and download them to the new phone. Haven't done it with a Samsung, but I have done it several times with Nokia using OVI.
  • viertevierte Posts: 4,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Back when phones had no memory at all you were able to save ten messages on your phone, they would actually be saved on your simcard. Some of the phones I've had in recent years saved some of the messages to sim and other didn't so read your instruction manual or check your storage and see if it shows any of the messages are stored on your sim, mine current phone usually only saves to my sim card when my phone memory runs out
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know if yours will be the same but it might be similar.

On a Samsung Tocco lite
    Open SMS > tap 'more' > tap 'move to SIM'.
    :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You should be able to - I have exactly the same, a text from my mum on my sin, I have always had samsungs and it has stayed on the sim -she died six years ago and I've had loads of phones in that time.

i put my tocco in the wash once and cried as i thought I'd wrecked the sim, put it in rice, both the sim and the phone dried out, message intact - phew

It should be in your settings "transfer to sim" or something like that
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,173
    Forum Member
    thanks for the advice guys :)