Portal 2

DigiPalDigiPal Posts: 1,112
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Help!

Just got P2 and don't understand what at all is going on

There's no explanation of gameplay in the instructions, and I haven't a clue what it's all about

I've got through the first level, more by luck, and have just picked up a gun that fires blue holes into walls (and I see a reflection of somone occasionally)

However that's it, just don't get it. Searched the internet and I'm even more confused after that :confused:

Comments

• Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    Portal isn't an FPS, if that's what you were expecting, take it back now!

Portal is a Puzzle game, you're a test subject trapped in this lab and have to find ways into the next area by using the "portal" gun, which, when both portals are placed, allow you or anything else to "teleport" between the locations where you shot them.

The first game is short, but the basic concept is that you're a human test subject being forced to do these tests by a Robot AI, at the end of the first game you blow up this AI but get dragged back into cryosleep.
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Basically you will enter a chamber, most probably see the exit. This is your goal...to get to the exit.

If you fire a blue hole and go through it, you will come out the orange hole and vice versa (when you get the dual ability)

Stick with it, you will get the hang of it, I was as equally confused when I got it
  • DigiPalDigiPal Posts: 1,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info!
  • DarthchaffinchDarthchaffinch Posts: 7,558
    Forum Member
    stick with it- it's a cracking game
  • NedubizNedubiz Posts: 2,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I picked this up cheap the other week and have been enjoying it so far. Really clever game, that makes you feel clever when you finally work out the solutions.

Still working through the single player and will then take a swing at the co-op stuff.

makes for a nice change of pace - and the humour is spot on.
  • darkthunder35darkthunder35 Posts: 5,016
    Forum Member
    Nedubiz wrote: »
    I picked this up cheap the other week and have been enjoying it so far. Really clever game, that makes you feel clever when you finally work out the solutions.

Still working through the single player and will then take a swing at the co-op stuff.

makes for a nice change of pace - and the humour is spot on.

I hated it picked it up on the cheap the other week and finished it, it's pretty great.

I actually preferred the co op which I played through with Premium Onion which was hilarious.

If you want to play co op then add me; mikemancini3
  • NedubizNedubiz Posts: 2,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hated it picked it up on the cheap the other week and finished it, it's pretty great.

I actually preferred the co op which I played through with Premium Onion which was hilarious.

If you want to play co op then add me; mikemancini3

Might take me a while to work through the single player to be honest - breezed through the early part, but my progress has somewhat slowed of late.
  • darkthunder35darkthunder35 Posts: 5,016
    Forum Member
    Nedubiz wrote: »
    Might take me a while to work through the single player to be honest - breezed through the early part, but my progress has somewhat slowed of late.

Some of the later levels are a killer. You'll get there eventually... If I managed to do it anyone can:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some of the later levels are a killer. You'll get there eventually... If I managed to do it anyone can:p

I'll back that up. I got there eventually too...cracking game
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has there been any news on this game as to when they are releasing the MOVE support with extra levels ?? or did it get canned ??
  • alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    To be fair to the OP is has virtually no tutorial - I suspect because they assume everyone will have played portal 1 which has extensive tutorial of the mechanics.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Remember I have dug up a year old thread here when you're answering :)
  • NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the OP's "I see a reflection of someone occasionally" line.

Yeah, that's YOU!
  • TheVoidTheVoid Posts: 3,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the OP's "I see a reflection of someone occasionally" line.

Yeah, that's YOU!

I thought it was the camerawoman? :D