So sick of TOWIE!

cowgalcowgal Posts: 15
Forum Member
Never in my life have I been soooo blooming sick of people....they are everywhere! Why is the multi- media giving these people any air space? I'm so annoyed that every time I read a newspaper, enter a forum, turn on the TV, open a magazine, there are these pointless people getting into my personal space, I've never even seen one episode but I know everything about these numpties!.....rant over.....

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they are almost impossible to hide from!
  • plankwalkerplankwalker Posts: 6,702
    Forum Member
    cowgal wrote: »
    Never in my life have I been soooo blooming sick of people....they are everywhere! Why is the multi- media giving these people any air space? I'm so annoyed that every time I read a newspaper, enter a forum, turn on the TV, open a magazine, there are these pointless people getting into my personal space, I've never even seen one episode but I know everything about these numpties!.....rant over.....

Only good thing about them, is they are burying and pushing out of newspaper space a number of over the hill well flogged oxygen thieves. No names needed I think.:(
  • MinetteMinette Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    I lived in Brentwood, still have friends and family there. They are utterly ashamed at the way the town and Essex in general is portrayed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK I have never been to essex and im not from the UK originally but after watching 1 yes 1 epsiode of this show I don't want to go... is it anything like this?

all we need now is an amy childs barbie doll....
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never watched the show (well I've seen about 10 minutes of one episode) and I find them all utterly desperate and embarrassing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was literally going to post the exact same thread.

I'm so sick and tired of seeing Amy Childs' miserable face plastered all over every form of print media there is! Falling out over Twitter and selling stories about abortions - sheer class, right there (I know that wasnt Amy Childs but they're all just as bad).

I must be getting old as I am rapidly becoming incredibly fed up with people becoming famous purely for being stupid and chavvy.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only good thing about them, is they are burying and pushing out of newspaper space a number of over the hill well flogged oxygen thieves. No names needed I think.:(

Horrifyingly, I think if the choice is between the TOWIE lot or the 'over the hill well flogged oxygen thieves' (and yes, we know exactly who they are!), I think I'd prefer the latter. The TOWIEs are just a whole new level of mind-numbing low.
  • MinetteMinette Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    Geneve wrote: »
    OK I have never been to essex and im not from the UK originally but after watching 1 yes 1 epsiode of this show I don't want to go... is it anything like this?

all we need now is an amy childs barbie doll....

i've never watched an episode but I presume they trade on the cheapness and tackiness of the place so the answer is yes, there are places like that in Essex but there are places like that in every county in the UK and probably every town in the world. Essex has got a very bad reputation when in fact it has beautiful areas and good people (again, like most places in tne UK). House prices in Brentwood and the surrounding area are out of the reach of mere mortals like me so it must have some redeeming features.

People seem to judge it on the a few examples they
    see portrayed in the media.

It's cheap, let's laugh at the chavs TV.
  • Hector RivaHector Riva Posts: 2,233
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Minette wrote: »
    i've never watched an episode but I presume they trade on the cheapness and tackiness of the place so the answer is yes, there are places like that in Essex but there are places like that in every county in the UK and probably every town in the world. Essex has got a very bad reputation when in fact it has beautiful areas and good people (again, like most places in tne UK). House prices in Brentwood and the surrounding area are out of the reach of mere mortals like me so it must have some redeeming features.

People seem to judge it on the a few examples they
    see portrayed in the media.

It's cheap, let's laugh at the chavs TV.

Chavs with money. I think a lot of residents are ex London East End criminals who made their money and moved to the more leafy suburbs of Essex.
  • Ash's ManAsh's Man Posts: 7,165
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed it at first but it's gotten far too big for what it actually is, and now I cannot stand the sight of them. How can you turn your life into a Soap Opera? They epitomize everything that is wrong with celeb culture in this country. Cannot stand it!
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I lived in Brentwood, still have friends and family there. They are utterly ashamed at the way the town and Essex in general is portrayed.

I spend a lot of time in Brentwood and have some very good friends there and they feel the same.

Most of the people in Brentwood are decent people who have worked hard to ensure they can have a good quality of life in a very nice town and then these muppets come along and make it look as theough it's a chavtown full of morons. :(
  • Hector RivaHector Riva Posts: 2,233
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ash's Man wrote: »
    I enjoyed it at first but it's gotten far too big for what it actually is, and now I cannot stand the sight of them. How can you turn your life into a Soap Opera? They epitomize everything that is wrong with celeb culture in this country. Cannot stand it!

It seems more scripted than real. For example, last series Lydia and Arg were going through a bad time, even Lydia's mother was involved in it. They all seemed to have smiles on their faces when they were supposed to be annoyed and upset with each other. I don't think they ever actually split-up or have had problems in their relationship.
  • oh viennaoh vienna Posts: 1,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sick of the lot of them too. If they were just kept to their TOWIE programme, I would take the don't like, don't watch approach but they are flippin' everywhere so there is no real escaping them. I hate how the media take something which is popular and then force feed it to everyone until even people who were originally fans get sick of it. They never seem to learn?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,735
    Forum Member

I have a lot of family that live in Brentwood and they think towie is hilarious. :D

Why be ashamed if someone thinks all people are the same from a certain area they are just stupid anyway.
  • redstar81redstar81 Posts: 1,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just cannot believe that anyone can watch this. I have never managed more than 5 minutes of the staged, therefore increadibly bady acted programme. It shows how thick the British public really are.....awful.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know I'm fed up of reading about Mark and Lauren or whoever it is

just go away now please lol
  • cowgalcowgal Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    I've been thinking maybe it's not the individuals I'm angry at but their blooming agents! They are the ones who are flooding the media with these creatures, a sub-species I would like to see terminated ASAP! :D I can't escape them they are everywhere, couldn't even enjoy my newspapers this morning because one of them went shopping :rolleyes: .........
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was literally going to post the exact same thread.

I'm so sick and tired of seeing Amy Childs' miserable face plastered all over every form of print media there is! Falling out over Twitter and selling stories about abortions - sheer class, right there (I know that wasnt Amy Childs but they're all just as bad).

I must be getting old as I am rapidly becoming incredibly fed up with people becoming famous purely for being stupid and chavvy.

I hear ya mate.
  • Von TrappVon Trapp Posts: 398
    Forum Member
    oh vienna wrote: »
    I'm sick of the lot of them too. If they were just kept to their TOWIE programme, I would take the don't like, don't watch approach but they are flippin' everywhere so there is no real escaping them. I hate how the media take something which is popular and then force feed it to everyone until even people who were originally fans get sick of it. They never seem to learn?

The thing is it is not that popular! it gets 1.5 mill viewers I think. Thats a tiny proportion of the viewing public. It's a combination of gossip mags needing stories and agents plus their deserate wannabees selling their souls. Its the Z list subculture I'm afraid. Plus they cant hack phones now!

The proper celebs dont go to them directly so they are left with the bottom feeders.

(By the way anybody who thought it was only the NOTW is braindead.)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't worry, in a couple of years they'll just be another bunch of forgotten celebs that fell of the radar, unless Amy Childs becomes a judge on BGT or something :(
  • CubiteCubite Posts: 340
    Forum Member
    I know how the OP feels, I don't watch but when I go online and visit the newspaper websites I can't find much to read because many stories about TOWIE and other wastes of space. The papers are full of it and it's hard to find a story about a real celebrity..
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cubite wrote: »
    I know how the OP feels, I don't watch but when I go online and visit the newspaper websites I can't find much to read because many stories about TOWIE and other wastes of space. The papers are full of it and it's hard to find a story about a real celebrity..

Tell me about it.

Even here (a showbiz forum) is the home of the nonentity.
  • CubiteCubite Posts: 340
    Forum Member
    Tell me about it.

Sadly too true.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tell me about it.

But that's why showbiz was given it's own forum (it wasn't that long ago). To discuss the vapid idiots that don't fit in anywhere else.
  • dreamfishdreamfish Posts: 1,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are just milking this for everything it is worth. In a way, I don't blame them - knowing they have a short shelf life. But my god they're everywhere and it's actually quite boring now!